• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2023 Gaming Wrap Ups

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • The big gaming consoles have started dropping their Spotify Wrapped knock offs, so let's share ours in this thread!

So far only PS/Xbox are out, but I'll add the others as they're released. Here are all the ones I know of:
    What do you think of your years in review? Were there any surprises or is it about what you expected?

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Mega's 2023 PlayStation Wrap Up:

Played 10 Games
    First Game of the Year: Persona 5 Strikers
    Top 5 Games: Nier Replicant 89 hours; Neo: The World Ends With You 85 hours; Persona 5 Strikers 69 hours; The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles 56 hours; Biomutant 33 hours
    Gaming Style: Connoisseur (whatever the hell this means)
    420 Hours Played; 23.57% on PS5 games and 76.43% on PS4 games
    324 Trophies Earned; Trophy level increased 19 levels

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Playstation for me:

• Played 11 games
    • First Game of the Year: PSO2 New Genesis
    • Top 5 games played: Mass Effect Legendary Edition (161 hours), PSO2 New Genesis (158 hours), Nioh 2 (142 hours), Elden Ring (69 hours), Code Vein (65 hours)
    • Total Hours This Year: 796
    • New Trophies: 141
    I guess my PS5 purchase was too recent for it to be included, though all that would be there anyway is like the dozen or whatever hours I've played of Lords of the Fallen

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen yesterday
    (Switch)

Played a total of 12 games.

Top 3: Pokemon Scarlet (237), Fire Emblem Engage (121), and Persona 5 Royal (104).

Trends: 59% Role Playing, 17% Strategy, 12% Adventure, 9% Action, 3% Character Driven

Played the most in January (with about 90% of that Persona 5 Royal).

Nothing too surprising, except maybe the number of hours in Scarlet. Got a lot of mileage out of doing silly things in 7-star Tera Raids.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I played nothing for Switch in 2023... but here you go I guess lol

Mega's Switch Year in Review:

First game of 2023: Fall Guys
    Played 3 total games for a total of 174 total hours
    Fall Guys 149 hours; Ori and the Will of the Wisps 24 hours, Among Us 1 hour
    Action 88% Adventure 12%
    July my most played month

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Switch was:

• First Game of the Year: Pokemon Violet
    • Played 4 games with 325 total hours
    • Most played games: Monster Hunter Rise (210 hours), Fire Emblem Engage (67 hours), Pokemon Violet (29 hours)
    I had a feeling mine would be like this this year

Years
  • Switch for me:

First game of 2023: Assassin's Creed 3 Remaster (got it for Christmas and I just wanted to test how well it runs, I don't think I even got to play as Connor)
    Played 15 total games for a total of 295 total hours
    Most played games:TotK (85 hours), Fire Emblem: Engage (46 hours), Xenoblade Chronicles (41 hours so far, I think I'll finish it this week; in-game clock says I'm playing it for 50+ hours)
    Gaming trends: Action (35%), Adventure (30%), Role Playing (17%), Strategy (16%), Card Games (2%)
    Monthly playtime: Jan (5), Feb (17), Mar (2), Apr (1), May (21), Jun (29), Jul (31), Aug (72), Sep (24), Oct (51), Nov (38)

Years
  • First Game of the Year: Luigi's Mansion 3
    I played 6 total games for 30 total hours
    Most played games: Tears of the Kingdom at 15 hours, Animal Crossing New Horizons at 5 hours, Luigi's Mansion at 2 hours.

Soo yeah, I don't game as much on my Switch as I'd expected or thought in 2023.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I didn't play a lot this year:
    I played and beat Xenoblade 3: Future Redeemed, finished another Pokemon Violet playthrough and just recently finished my "finish the main story without doing the main story" playthrough of Morrowind.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen yesterday
    Released the Steam year-in review.

Played 8 games (4 new). Includes one refunded game.
    Unlocked 71 achievements (4 rare) across 2 games

Tied for most played game between Terraria and Civ 6 at 24% each. (Mentions tModLoader, Terraria's mod application, at a separate 24%.) Places Slay the Spire below that at 18% and Holocure at 7%. Obtained 69 achievements in Holocure due to playing it before the Steam release.

Spent 42% of the year's playtime in November. Drops down to 16% for August, the second-highest month. Posted zeroes in January, February, and May. (Was playing Persona 5 Royal and Fire Emblem: Engage in those first two months.)

Subscribed to 7 workshop items. Earned 5 badges.

And finally, a graph of preferences based on time played:
    2023 Gaming Wrap Ups

Expected more playtime from somewhere. Evidently played multiple non-Steam games.

Days
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Switch Year in Review:
    - 166 games
    - 1616 total hours
    - Most played: Vampire Survivors, Theatrhythm Final Bar Line, and The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

...oh boy. I mean, I knew it was going to be a lot, because my Switch is my main gaming platform and I also review games, but I wasn't expecting it to be that bad. The disparity between my top three games is huge, too: I put about 50 hours into TOTK, 80 into Theatrhythm, and nearly 200 into Vampire Survivors. That game got me really bad when it released and I was playing it in between major releases and whenever I had a spare minute.

My PS5 time was a bit of a joke this year - 25 games, 159 hours, and my most played is Final Fantasy XVI at 30 hours, which I am still currently playing. That will probably change next year since the Playstation Portal has made PS5 gaming much more appealing for me and I've built up a small collection of things to play through on it as a result, but it's still lagging far behind my Switch playtime. But I do need to sleep and eat and work at times unfortunately.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • 2023 Gaming Wrap Ups

Yeah... that was to be expected...

Years
  • I finally had time to look at Steam year-in-review. Results are a little bit surprising.

Played 32 games, 29 out of them were new. Played Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel (14%) the most. This is suprising, because I wouldn't say I played it that much and I also played it on my Switch. The second game is Pathfinder: Kingmaker (13%) and the third is its sequel Wrath of the Righteous (12%). Divinity: Original Sin 2 (8%) followed after them. At this point, I would like to paraphrase my own wrap up at the end of the last year: "CRPGs probably aren't for me". Yeah, turns out I only played a wrong CRPGs up to this point. Can't wait to play Baldur's Gate 3.

Years
  • 7 total games and 267 hours on the Switch this year! Less than usual, I have played a lot more things on PC and Steam this time around. Xenoblade Definitive was my most-played. :'D And it was a great game!

For Steam, I played a lot of MapleStory this year, made up most of my playtime expectedly lol. Then there are a bunch of cozy indies like Fae Farm, Lemon Cake, Mail Time, and some others.

Years
  • I wish there was a wrap up for 2DS as it's the only console I have, but it's too old a console now.

For Switch, I gave it to my brother in September, but I still somehow got access to the account. NO games were played since September. All the games mentioned in his wrap up were played by me August and prior. He said he played a lot of Mario 3D All Stars, but alas, no proof.

It says my first game of 2023 is Pokken Tournment DX (also my most played) 2nd most played is SNES NSO, 3rd is Pokemon Sword. Also 15 games in total for 84 hours total.
    Also this:
    1.Classic Games24%
    2.Fighting23%
    3.Action19%
    4.Role Playing18%
    5.Character Driven12%
    6.Party4%

And it said I played the most of the console in Janurary. So idk.

Years
  • My wrap up results for Switch is 14 games & 154 hours total, which is about what I expected. I didn't really play too much this year. The breakdown by genre was:

37% Action
    18% Adventure
    14% Party
    11% Racing
    11% Strategy
    9% Shooting

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Nintendo:
    • 582 hours
    • 19 games played
    • Roleplaying 42%
    • Strategy 22%
    • Action 20%
    • Adventure 16%
    Playstation:
    • 323 hours
    • 28 games played
    Tears of the Kingdom and Fallout 4 were my most played games for each system. Most of these hours were likely from the first half of the year before I started my new job lol

Years
  • First game of 2023 was Pokémon™ Violet.
    18 total games for 891 total hours on Nintendo Switch.
    Most Played games: Pokemon Shield 447 hours. Pokemon Violet 141 hours. Super Mario Odyssey: 48 hours.

1. role playing 37%
    2. character driven 27%
    3. adventure 18%
    4. action 16%
    5. shooting 1%
    6. puzzle 1%

Back