• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen 30 Days of Unova

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Continuing on my quest to catch up without answering 5 questions in one post!

2. Did you play as a boy or a girl? Did it match your gender in reality?
    I played as a girl, and I am a girl. I never feel the urge to genderbend so I always just play my gender in games like this haha.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • 4. Which starter did you choose and why? Did you regret it later?
    I chose Oshawott. I normally choose the Fire starter but Tepig/Emboar was just godawful, and since I really dislike Grass critters, that left me with Oshawott. I don't really regret it, as it ended up being an OK Water critter... but that's only because the rest of the Water critters in Unova were just so dire! Ugh...

Cazzef

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I chose Oshawott for its evenly distributed stats, the other Pokemon didn't really appeal to me. I also thought of Surf, Waterfall and Dive, I'm going to have more than 1 water type on my team and the Oshawott line is an ideal choice. I had no regrets and I'll choose it again in Black 2/White 2.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years

I chose Snivy, and then I did regret it later when I evolved my Petilil into a Lilligant, and started using Lilligant a lot. I chose Snivy, because I wasn't so hot on the other two starters to be quite honest.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    3. What did you think of Nuvema town? Too small? Should they have switched it up with a different kind of town than previous games?

I liked it but I would have loved to start in Castelia. I dream of a game where you can choose your starter town. To make it simple they would have to make you travel to the same place to start, but your 'home' would be in that town and such.

But I was fine with Nuvema. Almost never there anyway.

Joshawott

Banned
    Years

My starter was Tepig, which was rather peculiar for me as I've always went with the water starter first in past games. I wanted to mix things up a bit and so I randomly chose Tepig over Snivy, and it's a good thing I did because Snivy's evolution line had to be my least favourite of all the other starters'.

Overall, I really enjoyed using Tepig and its two evolutions, I just really wish they didn't lack so many fighting-type moves. In the end I was happy with my choice, but from now on water starters will always be my first. Oh, and did I mention Oshawott's evolution line was among one of my favourites? ;)

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    4. Which starter did you choose and why?
    Tepig because it's literally the best to begin off with. The other two basically have a disadvantage at the earlier gyms, whereas Tepig doesn't because its evolved forms can learn fighting type attacks for Lenora, and fire attacks for Burgh. Plus Plasma uses dark types sometimes, etc. Plus it's adorable!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Whew, caught up!

4. Which starter did you choose and why? Did you regret it later?

I chose Tepig and had 0 regrets. It was easy to use, fun, and bacon!!

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    Wasn't a real big fan of the Unova starters. Didn't look apealing to me. I picked Oshowatt because I like water types. Then, I saw their evoloutions. Fell in love...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I chose snivy, it ended up being a female Snivy like Ash's ^_^ (I didn't expect to get a female starter again, got one for Pt. So it was a nice surprise). I don't regret picking her, she's awesome, I like her better than Emboar and Samurott...

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years

I was thinking between Tepig & Oshawott. I chose Oshawott 'cause he was cute, & he could use Razor Shell. He was definitely worth it!

Mr. Magius

  
    Years
  • 2. Did you play as a boy or a girl? Did it match your gender in reality?
    I chose the male character, seeing as I'm a boy. Usually with the second version I buy, I choose the female one.

3. What did you think of Nuvema town? Too small? Should they have switched it up with a different kind of town than previous games?
    I liked it; it had a different flavour than previous starter towns, but it also kept the same "home" feeling. It kind of reminds me of Pallet Town in that it is serene, and also has an oceanic view to the south.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    5. Were you swayed at all by Ghetsis' speech in Accumula town?

No, not really. I knew from the anime and from other things that they push the "Pokemon partnerships are about love, not control" aspect of the franchise, so I knew that at least in the game my Pokemon were with me because they liked me, not because they were being forced. I did think it was cool though.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • 2. Did you play as a boy or a girl? Did it match your gender in reality?
    I did play as Touko. I actually like her style & design. And...uhh...do I have to answer that 2nd part? I chose the girl because she looks awesome. xD

imo, I thought Nuvema Town was bigger than any other hometowns throughout the games. You have the Trainer's home, the lab, and Cheren's & Bianca's house. All houses are bigger in the game than the other games, so that's probably why that made me think it was big.

I'll be honest. I was going to choose Snivy, because...well, you know me. I like Grass-Type starters. But when I saw Oshawott in the anime for the first time, I fell in love with it, and I've changed my mind by choosing it instead of Snivy in the game. To this day I do not regret choosing Oshawott. My L62 Samurott is one of my powerhouse Pokemon in my party.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • 5. Were you swayed at all by Ghetsis' speech in Accumula town?
    No, not really. I've always been of the opinion that trainers are a vital part of what makes Pokemon work, so his "vision" of a world without people using Pokemon actually seemed quite nightmarish to me. PMD-style nightmarish.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Ok catch up time
    ^_^;
    I think it's one of my favorite starting towns. It's beautiful and reminds me of Pallet Town. It's got a really nice feel to it.
    Snivy. At first I wasnt gonna go with it cause I didn't like it. Usually I go with the grass starter, but I thought it was ugly when the starters were first revealed. So I was gonna to pickTepig , but read Snivy had the best speed so I picked it instead. I don't exactly regret it, I just think if my journey would be different if I went with Tepig. But I really like Serperior so I'm happy with what I picked so no regrets. Maybe in BW2, I will pick Tepig or Oshawott.

I'll post number 5 in the morning when I wake up :D

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Day 5: Were you swayed by Ghetsis' speech in Accumula Town?

No. As soon as I heard the speech, I knew that whatever Team Plasma said would be an utter lie.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • 5. Were you swayed by Ghetsis' speech in Accumula Town?

No. ghetsis, at first sight, does not look like the man who could think only of the best for pokemon.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • 5. Were you swayed at all by Ghetsis' speech in Accumula town?

Not really, I was more focused on N than anybody, Ghetsis didn't play a major part for me until later in the game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back