• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

$30 swsh(not including dlc)

Days
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    I know that these aren't the greatest games, but I was wondering if it would be worth getting at 30 usd if one enjoys doing battle facilities and shiny breeding / hunting and enjoyed SV(in spite of all it's flaws)?
    How's the online? Is it still active at all?

Years
  • I know that these aren't the greatest games, but I was wondering if it would be worth getting at 30 usd if one enjoys doing battle facilities and shiny breeding / hunting and enjoyed SV(in spite of all it's flaws)?
    How's the online? Is it still active at all?

Hello! Welcome to the forum! That's and interesting thing! Personally, i liked Pokemon sword and shield, even though I advise you to buy the DLC as it adds interesting content, especially the Crown Tundra, of you're into Battle and raids.

The online is probably not as active as SV and I don't do online battles, so I can't truly say. It's obvious that if you're looking for competitive battles, most people will be playing on SV. However, you can be part of this community and eventually find people interested in playing with you on SwoShi.
    I'd like to add that Battle Facilities are actually just a simple Battle tower. On the other hand, Raids are pretty fun and there's something interesting in Crown Tundra. I won't into details not to give you spoilers, if you don't know yet.

Finally, shiby breeding and shiny hunting Is a bit different from SV, indeed wild encounters are still a thing in SwoShi. So, it can be different than SV, making it interesting.

Back