• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] 30 years of Elder Scrolls: Bethesda issues brief Elder Scrolls 6 Update

Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen yesterday
"Last but not least, yes, we are in development on the next chapter - The Elder Scrolls 6," Bethesda Game Studios said. "Even now, returning to Tamriel and playing early builds has us filled with the same joy, excitement, and promise of adventure. Thank you again for supporting us all these decades, and all you have brought to the games, making them your own. We couldn't be more excited to continue it and celebrate the next 30 years."

So it's just them confirming the next title is in dev. Nothing shocking. What do you all think about TES overall?

Years
I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm not particularly invested in the Elder Scrolls franchise, my experience with the game extends only as far as playing a couple of hours of Skyrim when I was still in high school and watching some friends stream it on Discord one night. I'm sure that development is continuing but I wouldn't recommend getting excited about it until there's a lot more news.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
I played a little bit of Oblivion and estimate 100+ hours of Skyrim. Yet never finished the story.

My window of excitement has passed. I watched years ago when the first announcement of Elder Scrolls 6 was made. Without any update, I moved on.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
It's nice that after all this time they finally bothered to mention TES6 again, but uh....how many more years and how many more re-releases of Skyrim do you think we'll get before TES6 actually comes out lol?

Years
~15 years between main title releases is wild. I'm kinda glad Starfield released first, though. Hopefully Bethesda takes the criticism they got from that game and use to to make TES6 great.

Years
I hope it's everything fans want it to be after such a long wait. Especially considering it'll be able to take full advantage of next-gen hardware instead of being dragged down by the X360/PS3.

Back