• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4 Year Old dies at Epcot

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Kylie-chan said:
    Incredibly, and I have no sympathy for the parents or the attraction. I only feel sad about the kid. It's not his fault. At four, you can't possibly expect the kid to know. ~_~; And yes, there should also be age limits.
    *ignores the religious discussion*

;o

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Legendary Pok?mon Master said:
    It's nobody's fault. Accidents do happen.
    It's called common sense, and anybody who fails to use said sense should be held accountable for their actions.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    You'd happilly let a 4-year-old ride an attraction more powerful and exhilerating than the fastest roller-coaster? Oh well... I just wouldn't like to be your child XD (No offense intended to your real children when/if you have some... *shuts up*)

Draik

Hi.
    Years
    That makes me really sad. Not to long ago, I went on the ride myself. I blame the security system of Disney World and the Parents for actully letting him on the ride.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Sykora said:
    I blame the security system of Disney World and the Parents for actully letting him on the ride.
    *shrugs* As long as the child passes the height and (possibly) weight requirements, I don't think WDW can be held responsible for him. If he weren't tall enough to go on the ride and they let him on anyway, then they could be blamed, but as it is now... I don't see how it's anyone but the parents' fault.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Lightning said:
    You can't really impose age restrictions for rides like that at an amusement park. First, you'd have to carry around your birth certificate or something everywhere since younger children have no immediately available identifcation info such as driver's licenses, etc. That would just be a hassle, not to mention how much longer it would take for everyones' ID to be checked and verified. o_O Besides, it's not like age really matters -- you can be twenty and still be shorter than a thirteen-year-old, but that doesn't mean the elder person will be allowed on whereas the younger isn't. If you're below a certain height, then you can easily be thrown from or tossed around on a ride; that's why the restriction is there. It's got nothing to do with maturity and everything to do with safety.

Jon ~ They weren't arrested, he was just counteracting a point made by someone else who said they should have been arrested. :O

you COULD be able to put age restrictions..
    at the entrance of the park, they can check all that stuff.. then give you a coloured bracelet (like green is for 0-4 years old, blue is 5-9... etc)
    and when you go on the ride they can just check the bracelet ._.

but i do agree that it doesnt have anything to do with maturity.. it has to do with safety..
    ._. and if the 4-year old kid was sensitive, the parents should've known and not let them on..
    @@..
    i think the parent's should've known better too...

FallenDevil

One from the abyss.
    Years
    Meh kid should have never gotten on it in the first place. I mean people over 20 get cheast pains and even faint from it so why the heck is a 4 year old gettting on it in the first place? Parents were idiots for even letting him get on nuff said.

Back