• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5/4 - COTD - Mewtwo (DP: Majestic Dawn)

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
Years
  • 9-mewtwo.jpg

Rate & Review.

Thanks to Water Pokemon Master from www.pokebeach.com for the scan.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    First of all, what an utter disappointment that Mewtwo and Mewtwo LV.X from DP5 weren't printed in Majestic Dawn. This Mewtwo works so much better with Mewtwo LV.X than the DP5 Mewtwo does because of Energy Absorption.

90HP isn't that bad for Mewtwo, even if a 50HP hit from any Psychic Pokémon means a one-hit KO. Also excellent is Recover, and Psyburn isn't bad at all given you don't need to discard anything. The x2 weakness was expected, but still not great.

This thing becomes a star when Mewtwo LV.X gets released, hopefully in DP6. Its Giga Burn attack requires three Energy to be used in order to deal 120 damage, then all Energy need to be discarded. This is where Energy Absorption is great: need up to 60 damage dealing? Psyburn. Need up to 120 damage dealing? Giga Burn.

Without Mewtwo LV.X: 6/10
    With Mewtwo LV.X: 8/10

Lordpenguin

Pokémon: Lodestone
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Yay Sponge Mewtwo still exists. Albeit with significantly more power, the ability to power up from nothing, and hit for 60 with only three energy. A significant healing move as well. I can't comment on its power in the current environment, but if this is indicative of the power growth, whoa, I'm almost glad I stopped after gym challenge.

Amp

This is crazy.
    Years
  • NICE. They reprinted the old-school sponge with enough power for this metagame. Back then, sponge Mewtwo was a scaary thing to go up against. I think it'll be the same now.
    4.5/5

Back