• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

8/5 - COTD - Spiritomb (DP: Lengends Awakened)

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
Years
  • 16-spiritomb.jpg

Rate & Review.

Thanks to Water Pokemon Master from www.pokebeach.com for the scan.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Hmm...rather reminds me of a couple other Pokemon, actually, moving damage counters around and then amplifying it. The synergy with (Super) Scoop Up is obvious; just keep dropping this and picking it back up until your opponent's Pokemon are dead. Best for early game before your opponent can get out the Pokemon big enough to just shrug the extra damage off, I suppose. As for the rest, no Weakness was predictable, and with that the 70 HP might actually get it to last a couple turns, but I would have honestly liked to see a little more HP...or an attack that wasn't so passive.

8/10

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Could be useful for the early game, once your Pokemon have a few damage counters, or for sniping extremely weakened benched Pokemon, but for the most part, I'm just not seeing it. I do love Spiritomb, though.

2.5/5

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    I really don't see it being used. The Poké-Power isn't bad for attacking the opponent, but it just seems too much like a card that can't be used. As a player, I don't think I'd waste deck space with this. 5/10.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • I like the way it looks and all, but as the person above said it looks like a waste of deck space. I would think it would be better to have one of the original Gengar's, with it's poke-power being the same as Spiritomb's attack, and then it has Dark Mind to deal an extra 10 dmg to a benched pokemon, on top of the 30 dmg it does to the defending pokemon.

But it would be kind of stupid to listen to me, since I haven't bought new cards since Neo Genesis, I think. So i'm not even sure if they allow you to use the old cards in tournies and such.

However, I have thought about going to target and getting me a few Majestic Dawn and Legendary Encounters packs for the hell of it.

Back