• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

8/6 - COTD - Froslass (DP: Legends Awaken)

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
Years
  • 3-froslass.jpg

Rate & Review.

Thanks to Water Pokemon Master from www.pokebeach.com for the scan.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    I don't see the point in Destiny Bond. If you use it, the opponent's won't attack. The only surprise element exists if the opponent just used Doom Desire, and even that doesn't work because it gets you at the end of your turn. Icy Breath is pretty good, but nothing special. To make this even more useless, lack of Snorunt in the set makes it useless at a prerelease.

Really only good for collectors, nothing more. 4/10.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I don't see the point in Destiny Bond. If you use it, the opponent's won't attack.

That's exactly it: if you can keep a steady stream of Psychic Energy going, then you can keep using it so that your opponent would have to sacrifice a Pokemon in order to knock it out. Depending on the situation, that could stall him/her out long enough to set up or get him/her to deck out. Granted, though, that won't always help, and is more of a tech purpose, but it's still there.

As for the rest of the card...Icy Breath is nice, and free bench damaging is always useful. The HP and bottom stats are surprisingly decent for a Stage 1...but, as I said before, the uses of Destiny Bond are still situational.

7/10

Back