• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

9/11/2001 - 9/11/2011 - Tenth Anniversary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    The September 11 attacks (called September 11, September 11th or 9/11), were a series of four coordinated suicide attacks upon the United States in New York City and the Washington, D.C. area on September 11, 2001. On that morning, 19 terrorists from the Islamist militant group al-Qaeda hijacked four passenger jets.

The hijackers intentionally crashed two planes into the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center in New York City; both towers collapsed within two hours.

Hijackers crashed a third plane into the Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia.

A fourth jet, United Airlines Flight 93, crashed into a field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania before it could reach its intended target in Washington, D.C. after the passengers attempted to take control.

Nearly 3,000 died in the attacks.

This year, 2011, we mark the 10th anniversary of these horrible events. For this, I have crated PC's official discussion thread and this image:
    9/11/2001 - 9/11/2011 - Tenth Anniversary Thread

(full sized attached)

Lets hear your thoughts, see your remembrance art and the like..

Attachments

• 9/11/2001 - 9/11/2011 - Tenth Anniversary Thread
      9-11_10th_anniversary_full.jpg
      471.7 KB · Views: 45

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Aaah, I remember that day like it was two weeks ago instead of 10 years. Crazy, was getting ready for school, came into the living room and the towers had just been hit on the news cameras. All we did at school for the next few days was keep the TVs on to watch what was happening. D: Felt so bad for the people who were most effected by it, and I still do.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    It's nice that you're making this thread.

I don't remember the day. But I try to imagine to the best of my ability what it would be like. Watching the footage on TV is just horrible. So many died. At McDonald's they had the news on and it showed a 911 call and footage from right after when the towers fell and the dust made it impossible to breath and see. It was horrible.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
    I vaguely remember 9/11 even though I was around 3 or four,people say beautiful is violent (hence it was a beatiful day on 9/11),I never believed that until that day..
    I visited Arlington this summer and I was pissed off because I didn't see any 9/11 grave or anything,and I was especially looking forward to see at least a Flight 93 grave...whoever was on that plane (except for the terrorists of course) were heros...that plane probably was aiming for either the House of Congress or the White House...I mourn everyday for everyone of those people that died during that attack.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I can remember that day still as a 6th grader wondering why all the teachers were huddled up in the hallway then, soon after 3rd hour started we were watching live when the second plane hit. Crazy stuff indeed, this is one thing I will never forget.

Last edited:

aperso

Please feel free to VM random fruit types.
    Years
    I don't remember it because I was only 2 / 3 at the time. but my dad said it shocked him more than any other attack in his life time.

fango pango

This fire burns, always.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    I pay my respect to the people who lost their lives in 9/11
    and I pay respect to those who lost family or close friednds in 9/11
    and i'd personally go ranting on about how 9/11 was planned by the government...but this is an american dominant site so
    I pass

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    As a somewhat ignorant eight year old, I wasn't directly affected by the attacks, I didn't lose any family or friends and since I was living in Paris at the time, my country was not directly affected either. But indirectly, I was. We all were. Almost 3,000 people died the terrorist attacks of 9/11 and their deaths changed the course of history forever. That day should never be forgotten. It should be remembered as a tragedy, but as a day where America, despite the horror of what had just happened, stood strong and held together. Where firefighters risked their lives, and some men lost them, in order to valiantly save people still stuck in the towers. Today is the 10th anniversary of not just a tragedy, but true human courage.
    God bless America.
    God bless the souls of those who lost their lives.
    Never forget.

quilzel

net start w3svc
    Years
    I remember the day alright, Never gonna forget it. I was in the 5th grade at the time, My family picked me up from school because they were worried about it. Our school didn't have TV's in the class room so I didn't know about it till I was taken out of school for the day.

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
    Years
    I made a tag earlier this week to remind people of it. It is in my sig.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
    Eeyup, I remember that day. I was in school and the teachers were all freaking out and sorts. We all watched the tvs in the building and watched the entire event unfold. (Yes, my school was in a stand-still for about three hours watching the coverage.)

I will never forget 9/11.

Zet

Years
    I remember being told at school what happened, my first concerned was about the safety of any of the American students that came to visit us if they lived nearby or were there at the time.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017
    I was in Kindergarden when it happened :( I remember my teacher being called out of the classroom and when she came back she was crying. No one in my class knew why but at that age I didn't understand what was going on. I knew my grandfather was in New York when it happened and he was supposed to be at the Towers. Thank god he missed his bus. If he hadn't I would have lost him that day and would have missed out on the many things he has taught me.

Every year i go several hours on 9/11 without saying a word. I've been doing that for the last nine years and it's something I will do for the rest of my life to honor those who lost either their lives or their loved ones

MisterBlue92

I don't want your damn lemons!
    Years
    I was on holiday/vacation when it happened, I was given Gold version for this holiday so I remember I was playing it a lot at the time. All I really remember of that day is waking up and seeing the twin towers on TV. I was only 9 at the time and it was the first time I've ever heard the word terrorist or the concept of terrorism.

I watched out my window since I lived only a 20 minute drive away. My mom was working in the city and didn't get home until very, very late at night because the bridges and such were shut down.

I'll never forget it. I remember the kids in class were all being taken home until I was one of the only ones left because I didn't have anyone to pick me up. I remember feeling a little forgotten since everyone but me was leaving one at a time. x_x;

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
    I watched out my window since I lived only a 20 minute drive away. My mom was working in the city and didn't get home until very, very late at night because the bridges and such were shut down.

I'll never forget it. I remember the kids in class were all being taken home until I was one of the only ones left because I didn't have anyone to pick me up. I remember feeling a little forgotten since everyone but me was leaving one at a time. x_x;
    Did you get a whiff of that toxic air that was supposedly safe to breathe the next day?

Did you get a whiff of that toxic air that was supposedly safe to breathe the next day?

I lived in the neighboring borough and from what I remember, the air was safe to breathe around where I lived since the toxic air didn't extend that far.

I'm just glad my mom's fine and doesn't have any respiratory illnesses since she worked around where the attack happened at the time.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
    I lived in the neighboring borough and from what I remember, the air was safe to breathe around where I lived since the toxic air didn't extend that far.

I'm just glad my mom's fine and doesn't have any respiratory illnesses since she worked around where the attack happened at the time.
    Oh that's good. Im glad you and your family was okay. I take it that you're a New Yorker? If so, PM, I want to help with a few things.

assassinjay1229

Im baaaack
    Years
    I remember it like it happened yesterday, I was in the third grade we were just doing normal third grader type stuff and then the phone rang, my teacher tryed to explain to us what had happened, and told us that the school day was over (most of the kids were overjoyed about the short day, they really didn't understand what happened), When I went home my mother and I watched the news footage, and that's all I really rember though. I will always remember 9/11 though

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back