• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Duskgold
    Dawnsilver
    Moonsilver
    Brightgold
    Those are trademarked names 2 posts above you. I love when the importante stuff gets ignored. Also whats with 2 different balls being G and S. One the park ball and 2 the frikin ball in the Pokecenter.

bruom

Wee! Holidays! I'll get a Wii!
    Years
    if it happnds like with fr/lg, it would probably be released BEFORE platinum, but i dont think so... fr/lg were realed before emerald, so why would dg/ds be different? Nintendo is confusing me...

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Dude dont say nonsense. You think gsds would come out before platinum? They would have it alrady being sold in japan if so cause its coming out in autumn. Think and know before typing. Anyweh Its out of the question for me. Wait till gen 6 and mabye. If theres a gen 6.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Shiny Gold was a pretty good remake despite it not being official. Still, I would love to play a remake if they make one.

Jabunks

Currently Inactive
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    I read the first 2 posts, i don't know how this conversation carried on

Every Generation ussually has a Remake, R/B then Y, G/S then Crystal (i think) R/S then E and finnaly D/P and soon coming Platinum

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    I read the first 2 posts, i don't know how this conversation carried on

Every Generation ussually has a Remake, R/B then Y, G/S then Crystal (i think) R/S then E and finnaly D/P and soon coming Platinum
    Those are technically not remakes, or at least not in the context of a "GSC remake". Pokemon Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum are just third games which improve upon what was introduced in the first two - Yellow had Pikachu following the player around, Emerald had the Battle Frontier and animations, Crystal had a female character, Battle Tower and animations and Platinum will have new forms of Giratina and Shaymin and the Torn World.

A GSC remake would be like Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen but set in the Johto region.

The only reason the did the remake of Red/Green to the GBA becasue they must have planned it out back then that Diamond and Pearl on Nintendo DS could use GBA games and take Pokemon from Pal Park with Ruby/Sapphire FireRed/LeagGreen and Emerald.
    They probably planned to make LeafGreen and FireRed before Ruby and Sapphire since RS had Pokedex data for Pokemon you couldn't obtain until LG/FR.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    Those are technically not remakes, or at least not in the context of a "GSC remake".
    They were enchanced remakes rebuilt from the same engine. Your quotee knows what you were talking about and was just being a smart ass though.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    They probably planned to make LeafGreen and FireRed before Ruby and Sapphire since RS had Pokedex data for Pokemon you couldn't obtain until LG/FR.
    No, I don't think they did. They had the data there so that when they released LG/FR, one could trade Pokemon to RS, and E. If not, they wouldn't have been compadiable. Also, starting a new gen with remakes wouldn't have gotton many sales at all - they started with a new game with a new region and Pokemon, and I think that was their intention from the start.

I think a GS remake will happen, but at miniumum we'll hear about it a year or so from now - no eariler as their focus shall be on selling Platinum - one game at a time. And we shouldn't be basing the order of games on a few generations, and not on one previous occurance of a remake in FR/LG, one previous occurance is not enough - only really shows that it CAN happen as it's happened before, but not when. Heck, could even be next gen. But it won't be before Platinum, that's for sure.

Years
    I'm not sure if GSDS is a question of "if" or "when". There isn't a need to have the remakes, in the sense that the National 'Dex is incrediby easy to complete, what with the requirements of only having to have seen a Pokemon species, and the advent of Wi-Fi - one of the primary reasons for releasing FRLG was to give access to those Pokemon not available in RS, and yet there is no such need now. But if you were to poll the Pokemon fandom, you'd find many, many people willing to part with their money to own GSDS. The desire to buy the game is certainly there, and in a large enough quantity to make such a venture economically viable. If Nintendo are considering the idea, but are yet to make a decision, they will probably wait to see how good the sales figures for Platinum are. If it sells badly, they would almost certainly be dispositioned towards it, but if Platinum does sell well, there seems to be no reason to stop them. I'd much rather a proper Pokemon RPG for the Wii, but that would most probably be outsourced, leaving Game Freak to work their fingers to the bones.

Mr. Pokemon

Years
    No, I don't think they did. They had the data there so that when they released LG/FR, one could trade Pokemon to RS, and E. If not, they wouldn't have been compadiable. Also, starting a new gen with remakes wouldn't have gotton many sales at all - they started with a new game with a new region and Pokemon, and I think that was their intention from the start.

I think a GS remake will happen, but at miniumum we'll hear about it a year or so from now - no eariler as their focus shall be on selling Platinum - one game at a time. And we shouldn't be basing the order of games on a few generations, and not on one previous occurance of a remake in FR/LG, one previous occurance is not enough - only really shows that it CAN happen as it's happened before, but not when. Heck, could even be next gen. But it won't be before Platinum, that's for sure.
    That's kinda of what I was trying to say. They probably did have an idea in mind on how to get Kanto/Johto Pokemon in RS when they were making the games though.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    That's kinda of what I was trying to say. They probably did have an idea in mind on how to get Kanto/Johto Pokemon in RS when they were making the games though.
    Fair enough. They had a few ideas, and also used Colosseum and XD for that as well, and for such lrge things I'm sure Game Freak would have had all bases covered on them in the planning stage.
    I'm not sure if GSDS is a question of "if" or "when". There isn't a need to have the remakes, in the sense that the National 'Dex is incrediby easy to complete, what with the requirements of only having to have seen a Pokemon species, and the advent of Wi-Fi - one of the primary reasons for releasing FRLG was to give access to those Pokemon not available in RS, and yet there is no such need now. But if you were to poll the Pokemon fandom, you'd find many, many people willing to part with their money to own GSDS. The desire to buy the game is certainly there, and in a large enough quantity to make such a venture economically viable. If Nintendo are considering the idea, but are yet to make a decision, they will probably wait to see how good the sales figures for Platinum are. If it sells badly, they would almost certainly be dispositioned towards it, but if Platinum does sell well, there seems to be no reason to stop them. I'd much rather a proper Pokemon RPG for the Wii, but that would most probably be outsourced, leaving Game Freak to work their fingers to the bones.
    True there, in that there is no major need for, say, Pokemon to be available (although new gamers to the Diamond/Pearl scene may not be as interested in having to buy older GBA/Gamecube games to get others anyway). They've definately been considering it, that's for sure (as otherwise there was no need for SO many references, or game coding that states JOHTO for two slots for where a Pokemon can come from, is there?) - whether they would make it is another matter.

The main thing would be money. If it will sell, if Pokemon still makes millions (diamond and Pearl did, now for Platinum which I think will too), then so would, very easily, a GSDS remake. There is a large fanbase wanting a remake (including me!), and for the people who didn't play the 1st/2nd gen games, it will be for them a new game. Basically a GS remake is a cash cow waiting to happen if made.

And it looks like the games on the Wii are being made by Genius Sorinity - they made Colosseum, XD and now PBR. Looks like they will be making the next Wii game as well (a likely product IMO, and possibily a RPG), and as you said, Game Freak will have little to do...

Years
    A lot of people say that we dont need a GS remake because all the pokemon are obtainable but not a lot of people might be able to go to the pokemon events to get Mystery ticket or Aurora Ticket to obtain Lugia and ho-oh, and not just Lugia and ho-oh, so I think there should totally be a remake

Johnnyboi

Street Pokéster
    Years
    I love the idea about GS remakes! I really hope they make them, I'd buy one copy... hey maybe even 2 copies, one of each versions. I loved Pokémon GS, my favourite games EVER!
    I also hope they'll redo all the Johto/Kanto pokémon sprites when they do the remakes, the newer games have butchered the old pokémon sprites, the new Snorlax/Politoed sprites for example, horrible compared to the earlier.

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    I remember making a thread about this on another forum. :D

Anyhow, the main support for both sides is summed up like this, basically:

GSDS likely ain't happening:

-For any main game in the series (basically, this refers to the standard games that Pokemon is based on and not spinoffs like Pinball or Trozei), Firered and Leafgreen sold lowest. Diamond and Pearl was the most successful yet. If Nintendo's aiming for the green, chances are it will focus on what made the most profit; a new generation.

-There's little marketing focus for G/S/C. Despite being the most successful games before D/P, Nintendo hasn't really put the spotlight on the second gen too much. If Nintendo was really putting a remake in the works, we'd see some more marketing in the direction of second generation Pokemon and stuffs.

-Nintendo hasn't ammunition that gave punch to Firered and Leafgreen. Diamond and Pearl (along with third generation games) give access to everything currently under the sun, GSDS... wouldn't.

-In the third generation, Firered and Leafgreen made an appearance before the respective 'special edition' of the generation (Emerald). With Platinum on its way, things look less hopeful.

GSDS is the future:

-Numerous G/S/C references present in D/P (along with how Platinum would appear to fit more as a name in the second gen, and how Crystal would fit better in the fourth) would possibly give an indicator as to GSDS. Sadly, it ain't anything concrete.

-Nintendo's done things that haven't worked out before... and also given them a second chance. Things such as a third remake of a handheld, some rather unimpressive new game concepts, etc. have usually found their way to a second try from Nintendo. Even if Firered and Leafgreen were lackluster in sales, what's to say Nintendo wouldn't give it another try?

-Plenty of people are giving a shout out to supporting GSDS. Who knows if Nintendo actually reads this kinda stuff, but it's a fairly good sign to see plenty of fan support for a game idea.

Kaiser Glider

Training in Dragon's Den
    Years
    I would love to visit the Johto region again. I think it would be cool to see how much better the graphics alone could be on the DS. If nothing else, I think the best reason for G/S remakes is that the old batteries are dying, if not dead already. I'm sure I'm not alone, but it was a sad day when I realized I lost both my Gold and Crystal...

Mr. Pokemon

Years
    In the third generation, Firered and Leafgreen made an appearance before the respective 'special edition' of the generation (Emerald). With Platinum on its way, things look less hopeful.
    So? Nintendo doesn't need to release Pokemon games in a certain pattern. If the people want it, Nintendo should make it simply because it will sell. A majority of fans would love to have a GSC remake. In their opinions, GSC are probably the best games of the series. The only thing that's against having a GSC remake is that you can already catch Johto Pokemon elsewhere.

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    So? Nintendo doesn't need to release Pokemon games in a certain pattern.

The precedent's been broken. It's not concrete, yes. But it's not quite reassuring either.

If the people want it, Nintendo should make it simply because it will sell.

And, y'know, FR/LG didn't sell as much as the other titles. D/P was the most successful generation ever. Which one Nintendo may want to focus on...

A majority of fans would love to have a GSC remake.

I want stats on this. You don't know how many Pokemon fans there are, nor how many support GSDS. Give proof.

In their opinions, GSC are probably the best games of the series.

Perhaps in your opinion. Will support you gladly when you can actually poll a majority of the current Pokemon fanbase as to their favorite game.

The only thing that's against having a GSC remake is that you can already catch Johto Pokemon elsewhere.

And, y'know, a few of the things I posted. =P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back