• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: a good ol' fashioned DCC!

Years
    I love snow, except when I have to drive though feet of the stuff.

They don't grit most of the roads out here in the sticks, and winter driving can be absolutely terrifying.

Years
    ever since knowing about black ice, i've been sorta thankful that we don't get snow here.

i do still wish it was, at the very least, just a lil bit colder tho.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    The older I get the more I dislike winter, and I am slowly starting regain my ability to find snow lovely to watch and be out in, because for a few years it just felt like something I had to constantly dig my car out of. Also yeah, black ice is gnarly, and I actually didn't even know it was until I started driving in the snow regularly and spun on it once or twice. lmao u learn fast when ur car spins around.

Years
    Drive cautiously. Plan your line very carefully to minimise the damage if you can't stop. Use engine braking sensibly. Brake as little as possible and only in a straight line. Use the throttle toadd grip to pull you out of the corner.

I have 4wd and winter tyres on my car these days, so I'm better off than most people, but ice still terrifys me. The snow isn't too bad, ice is quite another matter.

Years
    There's a deep ditch near here with no guard so I always get so frightened. We got new tires this year though.

Years
    There's a light dusting of snow on tiles of my rooftops, just a thin mist. It snowed yesterday for the first time this winter. I would have liked to have had a little more, it's really just a few flakes that are almost melted. I don't want an avalanche, but I wouldn't mind having enough to build a snow man and play around in the falling snow, catch snow flakes on my tongue like I did as a kid, and have maybe a curtain of pretty icicles dangling from the roof to admire. Snow sure can be a dazzling sight at night. It glitters like fairy dust in the moonlight.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I wish I could take a giant snow blower and dust it all away after about the first fifteen minutes. lmao

Years
    I generally don't leave the house if there's too much snow outside. I'm Canadian so I mean like 20+cm.

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    I didn't even realize there was a DCC thread until just now. Hi!

As another Canadian, where I live barely gets any snow, usually just for January/February, but it's only snowed like once this winter, so I've never really had to dealt with it. Apparently it's pretty bad for the rest of the country, I've known other Canadians who have had snowstorms, and that's been pretty scary for me. Even without being the person going through it herself.

Back