• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A HUGE HG/SS QUESTION

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If there was a side quest, then I would understand that. I'd actually like that over the Pal Park, and it dealing with the Time Machine as that is what the originals included.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I prefer the Time Machine over the Pal Park simply because the Time Machine was a trade, not a permanent transfer.

I don't mind if the pal park's there though.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    For me, I'm thinking opposite what most think. I mean I really don't expect the new HeartGold and SoulSilver to be able to trade back and fourth with FRLG or RSE with the Time Machine. Though, you never know it it'll happen or not.

Years
  • I didn't know there existed people who would contaminate the wonderful 2nd gen with stupid 3rd gen Hoenn crap. Whatever, your choice. But we honestly know nothing more than you do. Need more info.

Lol You remind me of Silver from the original GSC... Though, I don't like the Hoenn Pokemon either. But if he wants Hoenn Pokemon, it's his choice.

Maybe if they allowed trades early on in the game between HG/SS and DPPt, he might be able to use those pokemon? I have an idea, how about he gets both HG and SS, beat the game with one of them, trade his Hoenn Pokemon and/or breed his Hoenn Pokes, get the egg and trade the egg to HG or SS. Hatch the eggs early in the version you haven't played yet, and use them to play through the game. (I got a Chikorita egg from my friend by trading in Diamond version. It hatched and it said I was the original trainer. It hatched on my birthday. :)) Maybe he can do something similar to what I did. Just trying to help. ^_^

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It hasn't even been noted if we can trade with DPPt early, so the question is difficult to answer. That is why a lot of people are speculating on whether they'll bring back a Time Machine or Pal Park to allow trade afterwards or even before.

Years
  • I doubt the time machine will be there.
    You'll probably just migrate again as in D/P/Pt.
    And as for the PokeGear that's a good question..i wonder..

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Will the Time Machine in HG/SS work for FR/LG...?

And will the PokeGear appear in HG/SS...?

I doubt the time machine will be there.
    You'll probably just migrate again as in D/P/Pt.
    And as for the PokeGear that's a good question..i wonder..

The Time Machine like stated has a two way shot. It could be included, but then again it might not. It is unclear of right now whether the Pal Park for migration would be in, but it is definite that trade between DPPt and HGSS is confirmed. It is only natural that way as both games are 4th generation games for the DS/DSi.

As for the PokéGear it will be included, it was already shown from earlier scans as well. Not to mention, they have added a basic touch up to it and added a lot of more detail and features to it as seen. So, it is an exciting feature to await for, but yes, they have brought it back to the remakes.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    for the DSi, maybe they should make an acessorie (however you spell it) that you plugged into your SD card slot that was a GBA slot.

Dunno, just an idea.

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
  • for the DSi, maybe they should make an acessorie (however you spell it) that you plugged into your SD card slot that was a GBA slot.

Dunno, just an idea.
    I dont know how this is relevant to this thread but im not sure if this would work. SD slot is just a memory slot for photos and stuff right?
    Also, I dont think they would have the time machine. It would b too much trouble for a small cause (if thats how u spell it).

Years
  • For me though,I think Nintendo did a bad move by removing the GBA slot
    Not only it couldn't have harmed anything (well,anything but the design),but general removing of a feature between consoles of the same generation is not so profitable.
    Of course,they still have the new features.
    OT:Since GameFreak is,after all,a second party Nintendo developer,I'm sure they will aim for a DSi audience and try to promote the DSi.
    What does that mean is,however,not known,though they will probably use a time machine-like contraption or permanent transferring of Pokemon from the 3rd to the 4th generation,like Pal-park but wireless.
    Who knows what they have in store for us?

Back