• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New Planet

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I think you mean Senda...and no that isn't a planet only for the fact that it doesn't have a moon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    So there are 11 planets now?

And it's NASA. I doubt they would forget if there was already a 10th planet or not. Unless America's space program is stupider than I ever though...or was it not NASA that found it? I didn't read the entire article.

EDIT: Yeah, Sedna was a "planetoid".

Kurosaki

I think they should learn more about the planet, and find some unique characteristics of it before they name it something stupid! I mean, come on, how much do we even know about this planet? Is it solid or gad? water or ice? life or no?(lets hope not)
    If I was going by your standards, and if it was made of rock, I'd call it "Rock." If it was made of gas however, I'd call it "Fart"

DeathScape

Banned
    Years
    Mihara said:
    I think you mean Senda...and no that isn't a planet only for the fact that it doesn't have a moon.

"It Started With A J."

I'll look in this tomorrow, but I'm trying to get to sleep, but I can't 'cause I feel alseep earlier today.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I wouldn't trust wiki on it...anyone can go in and edit whatever info they want. Either way, a real name should be given in a few weeks.

Years
    Yukito said:
    If I was going by your standards, and if it was made of rock, I'd call it "Rock." If it was made of gas however, I'd call it "Fart"
    ..Thank you for that... neway, thats what they have done with every other planet, like mercury cause it movesw fastest around the sun, venus because it LOOKS pretty from earth, and ya, u get the idea.. but honestly i would prefer it be called "rock" or "fart" than xena.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Chairman Kaga said:
    Mercury and Venus don't have moons o_o;
    ...which is why I always thought that saying Senda isn't a planet due to the fact it didn't have a moon was stupid. Technically there are 11 planets with this one, but what counts as a planet changes every day now, apparently.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Ahh, I misread what you said, then, I didn't hear the part about it being a stupid reason to not classify Sedna as a planet or else I would have agreed with you wholeheartedly. If Sedna isn't good enough to be a planet, this one isn't either =/

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    It seems somewhat interesting that they found a tenth planet . . . but, due their referring to it as the tenth, I am assuming that they deemed Sedna to not be a planet . . . ::is not well-versed in astronomy::

Some people do not consider Pluto to be a planet, so I suppose people's definitions of planets vary.

Back