• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Place to show off Your Custom Title Screens

Years
  • You said not to hold back, so I won't. I don't like the Coloring on Celebi. Also, just like you said the background is a bit plain.

I recommend to change Celebi's colors and maybe make the trees cover the whole background to make it look like a forest. Also you may want to change the Black bars to a different color, maybe a shade of green.

Not to be mean, it is still okay-ish.

I guess you have a point, about making it look like a forest. But Celebi's colouring? Being honest, I was going for the FRLG-style colouring. As in, not the Pokemon's "proper" colours, but different shades of a single colour. Do you mean I should make it's eyes blue, etc?
    Also, I didn't want the entire screen to be green (because no matter how many shades, it looked kinda wierd with all green), so that's why I had the dark-brown strips. But thanks for the feedback:D, I've taken it on board. (now it's a matter of when I have time to change it D=).

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2023
    I guess you have a point, about making it look like a forest. But Celebi's colouring? Being honest, I was going for the FRLG-style colouring. As in, not the Pokemon's "proper" colours, but different shades of a single colour. Do you mean I should make it's eyes blue, etc?
    Also, I didn't want the entire screen to be green (because no matter how many shades, it looked kinda wierd with all green), so that's why I had the dark-brown strips. But thanks for the feedback:D, I've taken it on board. (now it's a matter of when I have time to change it D=).

Okay, I get it now. It looks fine. I would just make it look like a forest. I meant no offense, since I completely suck at doing title screens, so you are better than me.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2016
    Alright, how's this one?

It's for Ruby again. Yes, the flames move, and yes the press start flashes.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    I redid SoD's title

Also no "Pokemon" Text since it looked majorly cramped with it.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • I redid SoD's title

I personally, like this one a lot. It goes good with a lot of your other works for your hack and fits in with your style. Starting with the press start (tee hee, funny pun), I like the gradient you put,as the blue give an uplifting feeling. The Lugia propped on a forest background is good. Some would think the style of the Lugia is bad, but it gives the titlescreen origiality. Last, the way the horizon melds in with the sky is master(of puppets)ful ;D. And to think this was a rom hack titlescreen. Pah, people these days.. jk xD

BrokenRoses

Rom Hacker & PSP Hacker GOD!!!
    Years
  • A Place to show off Your Custom Title Screens

This is my old Pokemon Lunar Title screen i used in a old hack i fell in love w/.
    The words flickered colors and gangars eyes turned red :D
    In my next hack ppl w/ see me use the same tecneck(sorry for speech im british)
    Maybe even a tutorial cuz only i know how to do it muhahaha >BD
    *Rom HackerGod* WOOT WOOT! Lov ya ppl

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I redid SoD's title

Couldn't you have shrunk the Pokémon logo? No logo does make it seem a bit empty compared to all the other title screens...

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • A Place to show off Your Custom Title Screens

This is my old Pokemon Lunar Title screen i used in a old hack i fell in love w/.
    The words flickered colors and gangars eyes turned red :D
    In my next hack ppl w/ see me use the same tecneck(sorry for speech im british)
    Maybe even a tutorial cuz only i know how to do it muhahaha >BD
    *Rom HackerGod* WOOT WOOT! Lov ya ppl

Well, I think that looks really cool. The flames suit the gengar and the screen has a sort of spooky look. However, I don't know what has happened to the text but my guess us that you reinserted it as 16 colours instead of 256 colours. Also, the lunar text needs changing to a more Nintendo style text.

With Pokemon text!

It looks a lot nicer with that text. Usually, I would say that the text needs to be the generic Nintendo style, but the way you've made the text here looks really good and suits the screen just fine. :3

Last edited:

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • wow these are all brilliant have you guys ever thought of working as a game creator? well i havent really thought of making one yet i dont know how to get it decent enough

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • wow these are all brilliant have you guys ever thought of working as a game creator? well i havent really thought of making one yet i dont know how to get it decent enough

xD, It's not that hard actually. If you're good with photo shop and can follow some instructions, you can make a title screen.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • xD, It's not that hard actually. If you're good with photo shop and can follow some instructions, you can make a title screen.

Actually, you don't have to have Photoshop skills at all. All you need is some sprites and graphics, some tools and a good eye to remove multiple tiles.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • Actually, you don't have to have Photoshop skills at all. All you need is some sprites and graphics, some tools and a good eye to remove multiple tiles.

True. But instead of removing multiple tiles by yourself, you can use sphere and have that make the image into a tile set. ;D

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • hey guys all these title screens look amazing but how do you add one to a gold/silver rom.
    is there a tool or somthing?

Hmm, I've never seen the method of inserting a title screen into a gold/silver rom.. You might want to ask with the Gen II hackers around here, they have done it.

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    OMG all those titlescreens are pro, well most of them, damit i need to make better!

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • OMG all those titlescreens are pro, well most of them, damit i need to make better!

Well that one looks..kinda bad. I could put it more bluntly, but I don't want to hurt anybodies feeling =__=. All you pretty much did was de-vamp the title screen. You palette edited everything to make it look the same, screwed up the Pokemon logo, and put in a Pokemon that as far as I know, does not relate to anything >_>

Back