• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A question asked a lot I bet...

Sean Fury

It's tricky
    Years
    What is the deal with the "Dark Raichu" card? Its a holographic Raichu from the Team Rocket series I believe, and its labeled 63/62. My friends say they are really rare or something, and I want to know if mine (*cough*myfiveofthem*cough*) are worth anything.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 24, 2005
    Not really, they're really only worth bragging rights. It's the only card in the Wizards of the Coast years to be released in American BEFORE it was released in Japan.

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
    Years
    That is true, its a fairly strong Raichu card being that it can use Dark Energy without any side effects AND to has a chance at hurting bench pokemon. It got me to win many matches through mass damage, hehe.

The Japanese version of Dark Raichu is considered a "white star" rare, meaning it is extremely rare to get through booster packs, I only have two. But I think you can get the Japanese verison in the Neo2 set (I forgot the title name to it but its the first set to contain the Unown pokemon cards.)

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    And about White Star Rares, are they equally as rare as triple-star rares or is it even another different level of rarity? I never was able to find that out...

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
    Years
    Chairman Kaga said:
    And about White Star Rares, are they equally as rare as triple-star rares or is it even another different level of rarity? I never was able to find that out...
    I believe (according to the Japanese sets) white star are not nearly as rare as the famed triple star rare.. why? Because a w.star rares usually appears one per box and a triple star (I think) appears on average once every three or four boxes, indeed they are very rare. But keep in mind though, many cards now, especially the dark pokemon cards have white stars, but do not have the rarity of one. Its confusing, I know XD.

Back