• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Simple Question

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • I would have no interest in that. Ignorance is bliss.

I mean, on the flip side, I certainly wouldn't want anyone knowing lies I've told them. Sometimes they're just white lies that I know will make them feel better and are completely harmless, but everyone's told lies that aren't like that, you know? I wouldn't want any of those to come to light even if I can't think of any that are super serious or anything. And likewise, I wouldn't want to know anything along the same lines about me. Sure there would be the simple "oh, yeah your new haircut is fine, stop worrying about it" but I'm pretty sure there would be some bigger ones that would really upset me and I have no interest in knowing about those because I would probably dwell on them.

It's all in the past. If the lie is big enough or important enough for me to know the truth about, I'm sure I'll find out the truth eventually and I'd rather hear it in person than read about it in some book if that's the case.

Years
  • Just because I have the book doesn't mean I have to read the whole thing so if chapters are going by names of people I can just skip over the ones that would probably be most painful.

I'd probably do the same thing. I don't think I'd like to read the lies from my husband or close family and friends. Other people? Sure.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I wouldn't. Even though I don't like it, I care too much about what people think of me. I'd read about all those times that people said they had plans already and I'll just start to doubt myself. I know it sounds incredibly sad, but I rather live in the lie that those people like me, then get depressed that they don't.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Hell to the yes I would read that book. I'd read it so much that its pages would be torn and worn and falling out. And hell yes I would read a book of all the things people have said about me behind my back. Who wouldn't? People who say they wouldn't, would, I think. The temptation is irresistible. It'd be helpful too to weed out the people who you find out aren't really there for you after all. Although, everyone talks about everyone behind each others back so I suppose no one would have anyone left if this ever became a possibility.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Oh wow. What a question. And I wage a few too many idealistic replys and too few of what they'd actually do ;)

I'd read it. I think I know most lies already, so this book would be great just to prove me wrong. I may not enjoy some of it. I won't die from it though, and I find people fascinating to read about, especially responses to things.

And furthermore, a book about things people have said behind my back? Those can also be nice things. I'd love to read that! I think awfully of myself anyway, so the bad wouldn't change much.

Back