• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Acquiring Fascination!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Generally speaking...

What aspect of the pokemon series fascinates you the most? What would you like to learn, or find out more about?

For me, the number one thing would be the ghost Pokemon. What relation do they have to Pokemon that have actually passed on? Or, are they just regular pokemon that has a gastly form? Well, that's the main questions I've always wondered~! I've also took an interest in Unkown; we don't really get a clear picture on where they've come from, or how they are connected to some legendary pokemon, like Entei, or Arceus.

Also another thing worth mentioning.. crime in pokemon. Is there crime rate just so low that kids can go out on adventures like that? Hmmm.

Years
  • I'm really interested in the ghost and psychic Pokemon and whether they are actually safe, because I have no idea how the Pokemon world actually functions with some of those things around. I mean, the Pokedex entries for some of the Pokemom in the games include:
    Spoiler:

I'm also confused with how the economics and social norms are. Because it's perfectly ethical to attack people (Team Rocket, "crime" groups) with Pokemon attacks, like electrifying them or using attacks such as Psybeam or something. And where do all those kids find the finances to fund their explorations?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    The lore and mythology of the Pokemon world. For whatever reason I find the the lore and myths of video game worlds to be fascinating.

Also another thing worth mentioning.. crime in pokemon. Is there crime rate just so low that kids can go out on adventures like that? Hmmm.
    Idk if it's "low".....part of the story in the games usually involves us single-handedly taking down the region's largest criminal organization. Though I suppose it does tell you something about policing in the Pokemon world.

Years
  • The history of the Pokemon world has always fascinated me, and is something that I wish we'd get to learn more about.

It's been said that there are a lot fewer Pokemon now than there were in the past, which has always made me wonder what kind of Pokemon these were, where they lived, what caused them to die out, etc. All we really seem to find out about are the fossilized Pokemon, which have all been extinct for thousands or even millions of years. I'd love to know more about Pokemon that were around in the last 1000 years- possibly even see how the Pokemon we know today evolved since then (both as a species and in the sense of Pokemon evolution- ex.: when did we learn that Pokemon could evolve by stones, trades, etc.?).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm wondering about the various myths and religious around the pokémon world. The anime establishes it weirdly and I haven't played the Sinnoh games (yet, fully) but did Arceus (that arrogant brat) actually create the universe and are Dialka and Palkia really gods? Or are they really just very strong, long living pokémon anomalies that people spun myths around?

Also, on the topic of pokémon attacks being okay but TR grunts running away when beaten in battle; I made it in a fanfic once so that it was sort of a social norm that you didn't lay hands on other human beings. You fought through pokémon if you needed, even in illegal business, because it was simply so much of a taboo to hit or directly harm another human being. Perhaps there had been a really horrible war in the past (as some theorize, the war between Kanto and Johto!) that made people just decide to never do that again and it became a norm.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Breeding. How does that one work? All the eggs are fundamentally the same size and color, so how does a full size Snorlax just 'appear'. Imagine having that thing in your pocket and one more step. . . Although it needs to have the vague aspect it does to prevent the talk about the Pidgeys and the Beedrills. I just want to know why it's possible to cross breed certain Pokemon, and it'd be nice for them to finally get around to having eggs be colored their group type (Water 1,2 and 3, monster, field, flying, etc.) so we could tell which is which in case we forget.

Years
  • Also, on the topic of pokémon attacks being okay but TR grunts running away when beaten in battle; I made it in a fanfic once so that it was sort of a social norm that you didn't lay hands on other human beings. You fought through pokémon if you needed, even in illegal business, because it was simply so much of a taboo to hit or directly harm another human being. Perhaps there had been a really horrible war in the past (as some theorize, the war between Kanto and Johto!) that made people just decide to never do that again and it became a norm.

That would explain cretin parts of Looker's missions.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • Breeding. How does that one work? All the eggs are fundamentally the same size and color, so how does a full size Snorlax just 'appear'. Imagine having that thing in your pocket and one more step. . . Although it needs to have the vague aspect it does to prevent the talk about the Pidgeys and the Beedrills. I just want to know why it's possible to cross breed certain Pokemon, and it'd be nice for them to finally get around to having eggs be colored their group type (Water 1,2 and 3, monster, field, flying, etc.) so we could tell which is which in case we forget.

After the first egg, I can understand why the Daycare Man would be befuddled at its appearance. I'm even willing to give each generation's DCM the benefit of the doubt. But after breeding hundreds of my Pokemon, and staring at them for the entire time, something tells me he knows something he's not telling us.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • After the first egg, I can understand why the Daycare Man would be befuddled at its appearance. I'm even willing to give each generation's DCM the benefit of the doubt. But after breeding hundreds of my Pokemon, and staring at them for the entire time, something tells me he knows something he's not telling us.

I know, right? 'Surprised' is all he is, all the time. And there is an option for you to even let him keep it! What does he do with the eggs he keeps? I don't think he walks enough for them to hatch. . . do the day care people. . . eat them?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What I like most about this franchise, generally, would likely have to be games, for sure.

Anime is what got me into Pokémon, first and foremost, but as soon as Advanced Generation series had stopped (was superbly addicted back then), my interest began to dwindle. Due to this, I wasn't able to watch much of Diamond and Pearl. When Black and White had come over, I'd stopped following their anime side of things completely, as I had to sort of force myself to view their episodes each and every time.

Games, however--I don't feel the same about them, and am still interested in that aspect. I've been following their video game series since generation one, and still am (not even once have I taken a break). If it weren't for them, I probably would not have been a fan of Pokémon any longer, but fortunately, I am!

TheUnit684

Heedrim
    Years
  • I would really like to find out more about the Politics of the Pokemon world. Usually it's just like, bad guy "criminal" team, gym leaders, Elite 4, and champ oppose them. I mean, we know there are mayors (Drayden in Opelucid, if I'm remembering that correctly) but who makes the big decisions and the laws? What kinds of laws are there in regards to Pokemon and why are there so few or no officers of the law. What role does Looker have? Is he really just some crazy guy? He's the only reference to law enforcement on a large scale that we ever really get, I think.

Also, AZ. Why is he so tall?>!?!?

Years
  • The various different mythologies in the Pokémon world. How are they all connected? We know Kanto's Legendary Birds seem to be linked to Johto's lugia and Ho-Oh, who are linked to the Legendary Beasts. Johto's Unown are linked to Sinnoh's Arceus, who is linked to the Creation Trio, the Lake Guardians. If Arceus and his gang created the foundations of the Pokémon universe, was Mew thereafter created to act as the genetic progenitor and bloodline ancestor to all conventional Pokémon? A ton of other questions go along with this. Speaking of Mew as a genetic progenitor, what is exactly is the blood relationship between most Pokémon and humans? Is there a chance that since two different Pokémon species can breed, their offspring will be a new species? For example, did Roselia and Lilliagant breed and produce the new species of Oddish? Did Dedenne and Emolga produce Pichu? Just how many extinct Pokémon are there? Surely thousands. Oh, and how many Pokémon exist in space or on other planets entirely?

What are the cultural, mythological and political relationships between all the regions? We know that Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh all belong to one country, but Unova and Kalos are far away. What are the names of the countries made up by the regions? How many regions are there? A hundred? Several thousand? Does every real world country and region have a Pokémon counterpart? We have seen pieces of Poké Japan, America and France.

Are the Gym Leaders supposed to also be political and/or law figures? That's the impression Back and White, Black and White 2 and the Pokémon Adventures manga give me. Where are the International Police based?

I can think of more but that's all that's coming to mind right now.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • What fasinates me in Pokemon is mostly the Adventures manga.
    I love stories that are family group oriebted, so you could probably tell I had a hayday with the GSC chapter. XD PokeSpe had pulled me by the throat back into the fandom, urging me to buy more games than just Sapphire. They way everything Gen II onwards seems to connect....... Gen I had it's quirks too, like poisoning a Nidoking. .-. Red. How you do that.
    The DexHolders fasinate me most out of the series as a whole though. Being one means you have a group you belong to and that takes care of each other and trains each other. I love atories like that as I've said.
    The best parts are parts with extreme emotions running, like almost everytime Green talks to Silver in FRLG, or the end of the GSC chapter with Blue and Silver or Gold at the very end. The funny parts like Dia and Pearl's manzai, or Gold in the Pokeathelon. Yellow is just epic to me. Each character connects via their own special ability, even though the Pokemon donnt get as much personality as others want then too I still think they have enough. I bet another PokeSpe fan could give me an ok description of any Pokemon. Togetaro? Mimi? Pika? Weavilesilver nickname your pokemon? The plot lines are usually the best too. But I better stop here or I will turn this thread into a why pokespe is great thread..... Hehhehheh.....

Years
  • Theres a few things I wonder about with breeding. When breeding Cubone, it hatches with it's trademark ''mothers skull'' helmet. Thats all good and well, but it's mother is in the daycare and not dead. Kangaskan are also another mystery. Tribbles on Star Trek are born pregnante, but Kangaskan are born with a baby in the pouch. Why is there no baby form and why do both males and females have pouches with babys in?

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    I want to know more about Mew. Perhaps what I find most fascinating about is not only it is implied that Mew is the actual "God" of Pokémon, but also has apparently given birth to Mewtwo. I wish I could see more of that, mostly because how Pokémon Eggs are made is incredibly stupid and at this point Game Freak is just retconning things in the past, which I find rather disappointing. I like to think that Arceus is not the real "God" of this franchise.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I want to know more about Mew. Perhaps what I find most fascinating about is not only it is implied that Mew is the actual "God" of Pokémon, but also has apparently given birth to Mewtwo. I wish I could see more of that, mostly because how Pokémon Eggs are made is incredibly stupid and at this point Game Freak is just retconning things in the past, which I find rather disappointing. I like to think that Arceus is not the real "God" of this franchise.
    Where is it implied that Mew was a god?

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    Where is it implied that Mew was a god?

Well, not a God per se, more than it is said to carry the DNA of every single Pokémon, including Arceus. I kind of don't know how deities work in general, to be honest.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    What fascinates me the most are the game mechanics, the creation process in general behind the series, and other peoples' opinions about Pokemon. One thing in particular I find fascinating is glitches. I really am interested in learning more about why these things happen. Whilst I'm not interested in all the math of how the games work, I am interested in anything game mechanics-related that doesn't involve math.

Examples of the questions I like: What inspirations do the artists get behind the Pokemon games? What is [insert random person here]'s favorite Pokemon? Who is doing what and why? That's basically me. I eat up that sort of useless trivia.

Also, I am fascinated by the species themselves. I always like to learn more about their natural habits and behaviors.

Back