• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Add a Changing Team Limit

Qwertyis666

Dragon Trainer Since 1996
    Years
    Hi, I have searched (like always) on the forum and didn't found anythings to help me with a little feature I want to add to my game.
    Let's me explain:
    I want to add a team limit, like when you start the game, you can only have a maximum of 3 Pokemon in your team. When you got the third badge, you got a new Pokemon license, so you can now have 4 Pokemon in your team. Basicly, every 3 badges (My game will have 9 gym) you got a new license to have one more Pokemon in your team.

Anybody know where I can start?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

Qwertyis666

Years
    Hi again !
    It's been nine day and 213 people have seen this thread and no one have reply....
    Every kind of help is welcome, I didn't ask for a full complet guide, just where can I start to add a changing team limit.
    If someone want to give me new idea to add this too, go ahead :)

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english

Years
    Things like this are where it determines when to store pokemon in your party when added (in PokemonUtilities, in def pbStorePokemon)

Code:
    if $Trainer.party.length<6
        $Trainer.party[$Trainer.party.length]=pokemon
      else

You could simply change 6 to a global variable, and or course that global variable is your party limitation. There's a few methods under this that you should change up too. Which pretty much covers most methods of adding pokemon, so that's all you have to do. You might also need to look into how the PC Storage stuff works, I'm not sure if it uses it's own methods or not without looking.

Qwertyis666

Years
    Things like this are where it determines when to store pokemon in your party when added (in PokemonUtilities, in def pbStorePokemon)

Code:
    if $Trainer.party.length<6
        $Trainer.party[$Trainer.party.length]=pokemon
      else
    You could simply change 6 to a global variable, and or course that global variable is your party limitation. There's a few methods under this that you should change up too. Which pretty much covers most methods of adding pokemon, so that's all you have to do. You might also need to look into how the PC Storage stuff works, I'm not sure if it uses it's own methods or not without looking.

Big Thanks mej !!

How do you create a Global Variable in a script exacly? I know how work variable but only in event.
    Here what my script change look like :

Like you see I have change the 6 (at the end of every Trainer.party.length) by TEAMLIMIT...I just don't know where I can change the number
    I have start to check in PokemonStorage section too and my only problem for now is than I can Move (Box from Team) more Pokemon than my Team Limit (Withdraw work fine with the limitation)

Years
    Big Thanks mej !!

How do you create a Global Variable in a script exacly? I know how work variable but only in event.
    Here what my script change look like :

Like you see I have change the 6 (at the end of every Trainer.party.length) by TEAMLIMIT...I just don't know where I can change the number
    I have start to check in PokemonStorage section too and my only problem for now is than I can Move (Box from Team) more Pokemon than my Team Limit (Withdraw work fine with the limitation)

In the script sections, game variables are written like
    Code:
    $game_variables[XX]
    where XX is the variable's ID number

Qwertyis666

Years
    Oh, this is a way much simpler than I thought XD

Anyways I used to get this work...after 4 hours...I search in every script section and I put my game variable where it need to go.
    The only hard part is in the PokemonStorage section.

( If anyone want to know where I change script, if this can help someone, I can post it here or PM me :) )

Very big Thanks for your help mej !

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2015
    Oh, this is a way much simpler than I thought XD

Anyways I used to get this work...after 4 hours...I search in every script section and I put my game variable where it need to go.
    The only hard part is in the PokemonStorage section.

( If anyone want to know where I change script, if this can help someone, I can post it here or PM me :) )

Very big Thanks for your help mej !

I would like to see the script changes you made if it isn't to much trouble. I'm trying to use a very similar mechanic in my game but I haven't had much luck getting it to work so far. Seeing what you did would really help.

Qwertyis666

Years
    I would like to see the script changes you made if it isn't to much trouble. I'm trying to use a very similar mechanic in my game but I haven't had much luck getting it to work so far. Seeing what you did would really help.

Okay, give me 3-4 days to make a complete (and easy to understand) list of change I made (I have not touch my game since 3 weeks now so I will need to check slowly to not forget anythings)
    I will post the list in this thread.

If everything work well I will add this script to the Script and Tuto section of the forum.

Back