• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Add Sound Effect while Player Step on The Grass, Move while Surfing, and Walking?. ( ANSWERED )

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2024
    So, i made some custom in pokeemerald decomp, i want to mute the all the BGM in the game and i made it. I edit the script on the folder midi. But when i play the game, honestly it feel a bit empty.. haha. And then i came up with the idea to add some sound effect while brendan step on the grass, surfing, even walking. You know, just like the door while brendan open it, the door have sound effect. I'm thinking with put script that contain a sound effect so while brendan step on the grass or the water surface, it will have "sound effect". But i think it will be taking a lot of time to put the script to all the grass and the water on every map, right??? Is there anyone have any tutorial that can teach me how to do it or at least leading to it? Thank You.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    So, i made some custom in pokeemerald decomp, i want to mute the all the BGM in the game and i made it. I edit the script on the folder midi. But when i play the game, honestly it feel a bit empty.. haha. And then i came up with the idea to add some sound effect while brendan step on the grass, surfing, even walking. You know, just like the door while brendan open it, the door have sound effect. I'm thinking with put script that contain a sound effect so while brendan step on the grass or the water surface, it will have "sound effect". But i think it will be taking a lot of time to put the script to all the grass and the water on every map, right??? Is there anyone have any tutorial that can teach me how to do it or at least leading to it? Thank You.
    You're right, scripting is not well suited for this.
    One approach would be to select a place in the code that runs when the player takes a step such as this and add code there that plays a sound effect with PlaySE. You can make your code check the current metatile behavior and play a different sound effect based on that to have different sounds for different terrain.

Years
  • Bear in mind, there are already examples of where a sound effect plays while the player steps on a tile; the puddle tiles, or shallow-water tiles play a slight splash sound when stepped on. So there's a starting point.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2024
    Thank you all for the help. Now Brendan have sound while walking. And I found about the grass too, it's on the file field_effect_helpers.c.

Back