• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Adding a flag or switch to make any Mon not in the Dex evolve

Years
    Yes you read it right I'm been dreading to make a switch or own plugin to prevent evolving a mon so I know it's gonna sound strange but why not have a Golbat, Chansey or any mon not in the Pokedex. but no way I could write it as I took lot of my time looking and searching for has_nationaldex.

I could add :
    Code:
    [GOLBAT]
    Name = Golbat
    Types = POISON,FLYING
    BaseStats = 75,80,70,90,65,75
    GenderRatio = Female50Percent
    GrowthRate = Medium
    BaseExp = 159
    EVs = SPEED,2
    CatchRate = 90
    Happiness = 50
    Abilities = INNERFOCUS
    HiddenAbilities = INFILTRATOR
    Moves = 1,SCREECH,1,ABSORB,1,SUPERSONIC,1,ASTONISH,1,MEANLOOK,15,POISONFANG,20,QUICKGUARD,27,AIRCUTTER,34,BITE,41,HAZE,48,VENOSHOCK,55,CONFUSERAY,62,AIRSLASH,69,LEECHLIFE
    TutorMoves = ACROBATICS,AERIALACE,AGILITY,AIRSLASH,ASSURANCE,ATTRACT,BRAVEBIRD,CRUNCH,DEFOG,DOUBLETEAM,DUALWINGBEAT,ENDURE,FACADE,FLY,GIGADRAIN,GIGAIMPACT,HEATWAVE,HIDDENPOWER,HYPERBEAM,LEECHLIFE,NASTYPLOT,PAYBACK,PLUCK,PROTECT,RAINDANCE,REST,ROOST,ROUND,SCREECH,SHADOWBALL,SLEEPTALK,SLUDGEBOMB,SNORE,STEELWING,SUBSTITUTE,SUNNYDAY,SWAGGER,SWIFT,TAUNT,THIEF,TORMENT,UPROAR,UTURN,VENOMDRENCH,VENOSHOCK,ZENHEADBUTT
    EggGroups = Flying
    HatchSteps = 3840
    Height = 1.6
    Weight = 55.0
    Color = Purple
    Shape = Winged
    Habitat = Cave
    Category = Bat
    Pokedex = Its fangs easily puncture even thick animal hide. It loves to feast on the blood of people and Pokémon. It flits about in darkness and strikes from behind.
    Generation = 1
    Evolutions = CROBAT,Happiness, "Nationdex Restricted"

There's no way to make a switch making a specie evolve without a certain switch unless.. I need to create a Nationdex item lol

Last edited:

Frost the Fox

FroststormFrenzy
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2023
    You'd just need to include a check for
    Code:
    $game_switches[29]
    being on in a separate evolution method; In v19 and v20 this switch is the National Dex switch. Make sure to have it registered separately from the original

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Huh, talk about déjà vu.
    I typed up the code for this in v20 for a different user just yesterday.
    (broken link removed)

Years
    That was me but thanks I may get more better at the coding as I do enjoy it!
    I tested it and it worked well it did the function it did but there's no way of showing the evo screen and showing that ??? for a tease like frlg.

Back