• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Advice on flashcart

Status
Not open for further replies.

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2016
    Hi all,
    I've been looking at GBA "flash carts" for some time but couldn't find a good offer in my area.
    But today I think I've found a good offer: a SuperCard, from which the owner says the DS needs an Superpass in order for it to work.

I've did some more searching and found a M3 Passcard offer aswell.
    Is that the same as a Superpass? Will it allow me to play GBA games from the SuperCard?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    PassKey/Card and SuperPass are pretty much the same thing.
    Both are needed to fool the DS into believing that you are running an authentic game, as it would just deny execution of FlashCards, unless you upgrade the firmware.

Usually, different systems are not compatible with each other. So if you buy a SuperCard, the M3 PassKey will most likely not work.

If you are new to FlashCards and don't own any yet, it's reccomended that you buy a set, with PassKey and FlashCard/Adapter, so you can be sure it will work together.
    The M3 bundle is pretty cheap, and will allow you to run your games off the Card. If you want to run games from your SuperCard, you will most likely need the respective SuperPass in order to run them.

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2016
    Thanks for your explanation, I get it now :)
    I guess I'll have to search a bit more, it's hard for me to find these specialized shops since I'm in the north of the Netherlands, and the big cities where these shops likely are, are mostly found at the coast, like Rotterdam.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    Awesome. That does not give you the right to revive old threads, though. So please refrain from doing it.

~closed~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back