• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Agree or Disagree (2.0)

Years
    agree, unless it's obvious that it was the right decision, or has quick recovery if wrong

fresh cooked vegetables are better than bagged frozen vegetables that you heat up

Years
    Taste wise they're about the same to me tbh. There's this frozen vegetable sack I often get from the supermarket which is quite tasty. Supposedly frozen vegetables lose fewer nutrients too, but it's not like I can verify that =P
    Disagree.

Tali Zorah is the best squadmate in Mass Effect.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Idk who that is. So, I'll disagree for now.

We should bring back some old memes.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen today
    You mean, when PokéCommunity had a better slogan? 🙃
    I think you mean, before the social networks, so I'll agree I guess?
    But I still like today's Youtube and Twitch.

You can't be friends with everyone.

Years
    Agree. Not all people are compatible. I have realized that I can be nice, generous and polite to basically everyone (very few exceptions), but that obviously doesn't mean being friends, and often it's not even a good background to do so.

gen 8 pokemon designs are better than gen 9 ones

Years
    Deja Vu. Pretty sure I had this in the previous version too xD
    Agreed. Galar has more mons that I like than Paldea.

You should wear clothes you like to wear rather than because they are in fashion at the moment.
    Though there's bound to be overlap.

Last edited:

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    I disagree. Social media is great. It allows for people to share ideas with many different people through self-promotion, connecting with people worldwide, networking, entertainment, and activism. Social media has done a lot of good for society. It has gotten people rich, helped people find love, friendship, and maintain friends, entertains people through people's creativity often in the form of videos and music, and it has raised awareness about various social issues. For instance, in the past, things like police brutality were often covered up, but with the existence of social media, much of it has been exposed on social media for all to see in real time, and called out. It has also resulted in people being held accountable for expressing their prejudice. Stories about people being racist, sexist, homophobic, and so on and then getting exposed on social media and losing their jobs, to me, is justice served. That's why I love TikTok so much, for example. Social media does have its negatives too, such as people using it to spread false information, cyberbullying, hacking, doxing, and so on, but simply because people can misuse something doesn't make it terrible. Every good thing could be used with ill intentions. Take medicine, for example, Medicine is a great thing that can cure disease, but it can also be used to poison people too. Yet, it wouldn't make sense to say that medicine is terrible because of that.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Generally agree. The problem is more the way we're socialized especially due to capitalism relying on inventing problems so they can sell you their products for profit. The beauty industry is just broken...

Afterschool clubs are a good thing.

Years
    We didn't have them, so idk. I wish I had though, because I guess it helps keep track of your passions while you still study for school and you also share something you like with other people. So, I agree.

A New Nintendo console might be released in 2024

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
    Years
    Disagree. I know it's been a while since Nintendo made consoles, but it is highly unlikely that they would release one in the next few years or so. I just don't know how you can upgrade the Switch, it has better graphics, online gameplay, cool design, what next?

You normally find a joke funny depending on how you see the person who's telling it (like, if a person you like tells a joke, it's more likely that you'll find it funny, but if a person you hate makes a joke, you're more probable to not find it funny)

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen today
    I would disagree. I spend too much time on the Internet, and I do read a lot of jokes (that's why I keep coming to Forum Games), and they do get me.
    However, you are somewhat right, in that a joke I read would make me smile and rarely laugh, while a joke said by someone would make me laugh more frequently.

Programming is pretty easy.

Stories about people being racist, sexist, homophobic, and so on and then getting exposed on social media and losing their jobs, to me, is justice served.
    I strongly disagree. Justice takes time and requires proofs. What you describe is still just plain harassment.
    We've had plenty of examples of false accusations of racism / sexism and such, that ruined the target's life, and that turned out to be false. Just because a random person says another is racist, doesn't mean they are right.
    And I would bet that false accusations are way more numerous than true accusations.

Years
    • Seen today
    I think it depends on our individual skillsets. Some may find it easier than others. I've made an attempt to program a game. I did not find it easy.

It's okay to be occasionally forgetful.

Years
    Okay or not I tend to forget about something somewhat regularly. So obviously I have to agree or I'd be saying I'm not okay =\

There is some nuance as for example forgetting an appointment for something or forgetting that you were gonna spend time with someone is pretty disrespectful to them. But yes, generally speaking that's fine.

Nintendo should bring DK64 to the Switch, whether it's as a remaster or the original being made available in the e-shop through NSO.

stringzzz

Banned
    Years
    Agree, I only ever rented that game as a kid, never really got to experience it all the way through.

Consciousness is eternal.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    I disagree. It feels really good to have a grass yard. I've grew up most of my life in a place where hardly any grass exists. Just concrete. Where I'm at now, my yard has grass and I really enjoy it. lol

Forgiveness is a path to inner peace.

I strongly disagree. Justice takes time and requires proofs. What you describe is still just plain harassment.
    We've had plenty of examples of false accusations of racism / sexism and such, that ruined the target's life, and that turned out to be false. Just because a random person says another is racist, doesn't mean they are right.
    And I would bet that false accusations are way more numerous than true accusations.

I'm talking about instances where people are often captured on video or making posts online directly being racist or prejudiced in some form or fashion. For example, there have been numerous instances of police officers, doctors, and other professionals either being captured on video or making posts saying the N-word, disparaging women, or whatnot. In cases like that, it's not an "accusation." They're openly expressing their feelings. Using social media to get them fired isn't "harassment;" it's justice. In cases like that, they ruined their own life. Social media makes it easier to share such information and spot these types of people. If we lived in a time where we couldn't express our views online and/or pull out our phones, record something harmful or hateful, and upload it to the internet, we would never know who the hateful people truly are in such professions.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I guess I agree even though I still need to learn that lesson. xD

It's hard to make friends.

Back