• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Aliens

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
Years
  • This is a discussion thread about aliens. Do you think there is life on other planets? Have you seen UFOs or aliens? Discuss.

I do think there is life on other planets. I have seen and read a lot of evidence in the past couple days.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I think that aliens exist. I mean we exist don't we? Theres been traces of water on other planets so it possible for life there.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • One only need to look at the size of the universe. We can't even see parts of the universe because the speed of light just isn't fast enough after 14 billion years for the light of some parts of the universe to reach Earth. And the stuff that can, in principle, be detected - the observable universe - is monstrously, unexplorably large.

Do I think there are green men on Mars, or that UFOs have come to fly over Earth with the sole purpose of making artwork in our crops? No. However, there is a good chance that somewhere out there, there is life, in forms that we probably can't imagine.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Aliens? Well of course they exist!... Boys are from Jupiter, don't'cha know?

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    To quote my post from the version of this thread I made not long ago:
    Personally I think that in the infinite space it is impossible for one tiny, insignificant little rock to be the only place in the universe where life has ever, or will ever appear.

Musician of Literature

Years
  • Yellow: I'm a boy and I came from earth. I was born in Virginia. And Jupiter is not a pplanet suitable for life.

Rich Boy, I agree. Is it really logical to think that we are the only life in the infinite universe? I think not. The planet we live on is a small planet, a speck of dust in an ever expanding universe. There are probably many other solar systems with other Earth-like or at least life-supporting planets.

So far, I've not heard one negative response about extraterrestrial existence. This is good. Maybe my beliefs may not be so farfetched.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • Some scientist whos name I forget said that if we were the only planet in the universe with life, then we would be quite lonely, so yes, I believe in extraterristrial life, let's just hope they're friendly.....

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Yes, i believe. I remember reading that the chance that there is not ET lfe is the same as firing a bullet from one side of the galaxy to the other at a target the same size as the bullet and hitting. So yes. Although I don't think they'd spend their time mutilating cows and anal probing old guys.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    If you show me a planet suitable for life that's not ours I'll consider it. Until then I think not.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Jupiter is not a pplanet suitable for life.
    You'd be surprised.

Um... What's anal probing?
    Wikipedia knows many things: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_probing
    I've done it to a cow actually; it's not some weird cliché exclusive to saucer-flying aliens, rather, fairly common in at least agricultural vetinarian practice. That's obviously where writers got it from — with the premise that aliens steal kine comes anything apparently unusual that a farmer might do to one, then this is applied to people.

Last edited:

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016

Rich Boy, I agree. Is it really logical to think that we are the only life in the infinite universe? I think not. The planet we live on is a small planet, a speck of dust in an ever expanding universe. There are probably many other solar systems with other Earth-like or at least life-supporting planets.

Exactly, and if you consider the fact that non-earth biology could realistically have adapted to any environment where it had developed. The real problem is we don't know what is needed (if anything other than time) for it to develop.

If you show me a planet suitable for life that's not ours I'll consider it. Until then I think not.

How about just about any planet in the Multiverse? Any planet that initially develops life, or has early life seeded on it should be able to support life. Life would evolve to suit it's home. Not the other way around.
    Besides, there are an infinite amount of universes, so theoretically in at least one universe sentient life evolved from cocoa beans will evolve on a planet made of candy floss.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    How about just about any planet in the Multiverse? Any planet that initially develops life, or has early life seeded on it should be able to support life. Life would evolve to suit it's home. Not the other way around.
    Besides, there are an infinite amount of universes, so theoretically in at least one universe sentient life evolved from cocoa beans will evolve on a planet made of candy floss.

If you show me another universe that's not ours I'll consider it. Until then, I think not. ;)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I have never decided. If there is any other life, I don't think they are aliens in the sense of gray little men, but they probably are just like us, asking the same question to their own people. I doubt they're weird looking or anything. >: But that's just my opinion.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • I've answered countless times in this kind of thread... And I don't wanna rant with this again.

The universe is beyond 15 billion light-years, and it's still growing(although more slowly). Imagine that size, and in this universe there are countless galaxies, which are bound to have life in them(even bacterias in a small weird looking planet counts). Even one in each is probable. So, to simply put it, I believe in aliens(hey, we are aliens too you know!). The only thing is, we are not advanced yet in our technological status to communicate with or visit them.

raging lion

Veteran Player
    Years
  • I don't completely disagree with the Alien thing. Sometimes I feel there are some living creatures except people living on earth. I have never seen anything such but I still feel strange thinking about them. Some holy book say that "God has given life to everything" but that doesn't point that Aliens exist nor do they say that they don't.
    So I am still stuck between this Alien thing.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Hmm yes I think there are aliens.

A few years ago I thought that aliens had abducted me but it was actually a hallucination caused by sleep paralysis, which can make you see dreams when you are awake sometimes after you have just woken up.

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
    Years
  • There must be many habited planets out there, but I doubt there're civilizations able to make incredibly long travels.

Musician of Literature

Years
  • The planet{s technology may be far more advanced than ours. Other planets also do have intelligent life. There is proof out there. You non believers, just search in google, Alien videos. Your opinion will change.

Back