• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

All anons are sessy

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
  • What do you think of when you first meet/see someone on here and you haven't seen a picture of them yet? Do you have a go to image for what the person might look like depending on their gender? Do you just imagine that whatever their little profile picture/icon is is closely related to how they actually appear? I know for me I imagine everyone is pretty attractive. And then I see your pictures...and you're even more attractive.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • It depends on personality, gender and interests, really. Get those 3 figured out, and your mind's more than adept enough to create your own version of what you perceive a user to look like. That's how I've got around here for a whole year, basing people on what I thought they look like. I step in the picture thread, and everyone's cuter than I thought. PC's a bunch of cutiepies.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • My judgement works a bit differently. 8D Appearances mean nothing and are a foolish thing to gauge someone by. The frequency of one's FLAUNTING of oneself however tells a very interesting story indeed.

If you never show yourself; you're someone who has something to hide/aren't a confident person/both.
    If you show yourself now and again; I can't really draw anything out of the ordinary about that.
    If you show yourself a lot; you're possibly narcissistic/highly confident/both.

Simple logic innit.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • My judgement works a bit differently. 8D Appearances mean nothing and are a foolish thing to gauge someone by. The frequency of one's FLAUNTING of oneself however tells a very interesting story indeed.

If you never show yourself; you're someone who has something to hide/aren't a confident person/both.
    If you show yourself now and again; I can't really draw anything out of the ordinary about that.
    If you show yourself a lot; you're possibly narcissistic/highly confident/both.

Simple logic innit.

haha too bad I show myself off all the time but hope that I die because I suck.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I tend to come up with my image of the person from seeing their posts (hanging out in this forum gives you a lot of insight into people posting here), looking at their theme, and looking at their writing style. It's certainly inaccurate, but it doesn't really matter what I think someone looks like in the end so who cares?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Posting style and the first avatar I see someone use consistently is how I end up picturing them. Once they show a picture, it takes me awhile to picture those people typing because sometimes faces don't match posting style and it's confusing as heck. Like I'm pretty sure Razor Leaf isn't a little man with a mask but hey

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Somehow my mind creates an image of what somebody looks like all by itself. I don't know if it's based on the way people talk or even subtle hints given about what they look like in conversation - perhaps even their avatar helps? but yeah I always create an image in my mind and I'm almost always wrong.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • I'm always wrong when it comes to prediticing how people would look like at the other end of the computer screen. Which is good, most of the time.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I combine my imagination + how they write + how they act, and create my own version of themselves. However, I get mindblown when it's not what I had thought. xD I'm looking at you, Oaka. :P

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I don't really picture people. I just go with what their avatar is. Not that I assume some of you are actual pokemon, but I just don't really give what people look like much thought. However, I'm sometimes surprised when I see someone's photo. I just have a hard time imagining the person sitting at their computer and typing out all of their responses.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    However, I'm sometimes surprised when I see someone's photo. I just have a hard time imagining the person sitting at their computer and typing out all of their responses.

This. I'm usually wrong when I try to predict what someone will look like, because my immediate mental image is always a stereotype.
    Even when I do see what you people look like, I still have a hard time imagining most of you sitting at your computer. Unless you look like someone I know. Then the "they're real people" connection is easier to make, but most of the time that just makes it weirder when I try to picture it.

..I don't know why I responded to this. I need a breadcrumb trail for my own thought process.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't imagine what anyone could possibly look like anymore. To me, unless I've seen a picture of you, you're all faceless entities. I recognize that you're all real people, but it doesn't translate to me when I'm reading your posts, so I find it hard to picture you all as one.

There was a point in time where I was more in touch with people here, and would give a face to the name, but that stopped when people started to change their names again.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • I imagine people I haven't seen a picture of as blobs until I get to know them a little bit more. If I know somebody enough I'll begin to formulate some sort of image in my head of what they may look like. Usually, this image is quite erroneous; I almost never get any characteristics right by sheer coincidence :(

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • No, he most certainly is a little man with a mask.

>tryingnottoreadtoomuchintothis

Especially after
    which I get the logic of but I don't agree with. Some people are confident enough in themselves and don't have anything to hide, but are just uncomfortable with pictures. Detaching the fact that it's the internet from that, if you met someone irl who told you they were camerashy or whatever, you'd not automatically presume that they lacked confidence (right?). I'm just saying this since in my case I hate photos of me (although they do exist somewhere, I'm sure) but I wouldn't say either of those assumptions are true at all.

finalrayne

High Roller
    Years
  • A lot of people look completely different than their mugshots lol already know some people was not expecting what I looked like haha.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2014
    I've only met a few people from online convos before, and it's always different as I imagined it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I always have a tendency to think that when someone appears intelligent on this forum they have a higher possibility of being attractive. I honestly don't understand this logic I think it's just wishful thinking on my part. Besides that I don't wonder what anyone else looks like on here anymore. I've been a long time stalker of the picture thread and some things cannot be unseen.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • >tryingnottoreadtoomuchintothis

Especially after

which I get the logic of but I don't agree with. Some people are confident enough in themselves and don't have anything to hide, but are just uncomfortable with pictures. Detaching the fact that it's the internet from that, if you met someone irl who told you they were camerashy or whatever, you'd not automatically presume that they lacked confidence (right?). I'm just saying this since in my case I hate photos of me (although they do exist somewhere, I'm sure) but I wouldn't say either of those assumptions are true at all.

You little masked man, you. 8D

IT'S OKAY TO BE SHY DEAR. I haven't met anyone that's bucked the trend yet. If you do, well... maybe I'll concede that it's a weaker trend than I thought. But I think my dear old hipster friends can attest to just how much it takes for me to concede a point. ;D (a lot.)

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • My mind creates a random image from their avatar and how they type.

Last edited:
    Back