• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

All Scrambled Up!

Years
  • In this game you have to unscramble the names of the two Pokemon that have been scrambled and combined into one word above you!
    After that you scramble two Pokemon's names into a single word for the next user to unscramble! The resulting word does not have to make any sense 😉
    Also, make sure to keep things decent while scrambling up the Pokemon names!

For example:

User 1:
    Nomapichox

User 2:
    Machop + Onix!

Hiscroteppszu

User 3:
    Scizor and Shuppet.

<and so on>

Unsure whether or not to set a character limit to prevent really lengthy mon names from being combined into something extremely lengthy... let's just see how things go first, I guess =P
    Edit: Let's go with a 16 character limit shall we?

To start things off:

Gratromhegnat

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Failed to guess it so far. Seems about time for a hint. Consists of a seven-letter Pokemon and a six-letter Pokemon. Chose two Pokemon that can evolve still.

Years
  • Machoke & Pineco =3

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hadn't tried it yet tbh. I wanted to see if other people would join in first =3

Anyway... I saw Machoke pretty fast (about 5 minutes) and then brainfarted on the remaining 'Eponic' for a good 15 minutes rofl
    Fitted the hint given too, in terms of length, so assumed I was right about Machoke.

Now that I've actually done one, I do feel like a character limit might be best, as really lengthy combinations will take quite a while to solve... unless you're really good at this sort of thing, I guess?
    For now let's go with a 16 character limit? I mean, just imagine Stonjourner mashed up with Fletchinder, going over all the options would take a while. @_@

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wowgonergoldsb
    Hint: even split between the 2 Pokemon names; 7-7 letters.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Dewgong + Slowbro. Tried Swellow before that to use the W's. Pared it down to "owgonrgodb" before realizing another L was needed. Led to Dewgong.

Next puzzle: PPalletTownUSA
    Hint: Consists of one eight-letter Pokemon and one six-letter Pokemon.

(Spends more time creating words than unscrambling them. Carries its own charm, as a game.)

Years
  • Swalot + Appletun

This one took a while... especially since I ended up on a false trail that I got stuck on for a considerable while before trying to find another mon in the original word.
    Been here like what, 50 minutes? 😂
    Spotted Appletun almost instantly though once I was on the second trail xD

Kept some of the notes I typed out here while thinking and put them in the spoiler, since they show the false trail I was on.
    Spoiler:

PigtailedGain
    Hint: a 6 and a 7 letter Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Tepig… But since the hint states there a 6 and 7 lettered Pokémon, the next best guess is Pignite.

Pignite

Ail Gad… Daglia… Gadlia.. Gladia..

Thinking of six-lettered Pokémon from the tip of my tongue.

Dialga!

Pignite + Dialga!

Gosrigtonoebsnauru

Hint: Both are 9-lettered Pokémon.
    Hint 2: One of them requires a very specific set of conditions to get.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Runerigus + Obstagoon

Helped considerably to know the second hint. Narrowed it down to a handful of candidates. Tried Regigigas and Spiritomb first. Figured the rest out swiftly with Runerigus in place.

New word: PikachamGrimerr

Hint: Eight letters and seven letters.
    Hint2: One fully evolved Pokemon and one not fully evolved Pokemon.

Wonders if another solution is possible. Probably not?

Years
  • First mon I see is Machamp... probably due to the 'cham' in there reminding me of it. It fits the seven letter one and would be the fully evolved one as well.
    There's obviously Grimer too, but that's too short. Sadly I can't come up with anything for the remaining 'ikGrierr'
    Probably a dead end then.

Magmar then ? Too short.

Magikarp? That leaves 'ichrmer'....

Cherrim! Oh god that took way too dang long. I was about to give up on this trail assuming it was a dead end D=
    I've lost track of how long I've been here due to interruptions lol

Magikarp + Cherrim =D

AbstainerShipsi
    Hint: a 7 and a 8 letter Pokemon.
    Hint 2: One is fully evolved, the other is not.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    AbstainerShipsi

7 letters and 8 letters… One fully evolved.. One other NFE…

Absta iner Shipsi

Sinistea could be one of them as the not fully evolved Pokémon…

Bar hips…

Bisharp!

Sinistea + Bisharp!

I cracked it much sooner than expected. Hurray!

Spoiler:

Chaqosrilifwols

Hint: WATER!
    Hint 2: Black magic that grants both their well overdue changes.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Qwilfish + Corsola

Picked out Qwilfish instantly on the Q and W. Spent a few minutes on Corsola, of all things.

Next scrambled pair: issannenumel

Hint: Chose two Pokemon with names of different lengths.
    Hint2: Not Numel.

(Wrote it in lower-case. Realized the potential issue of capital 'I' alongside lower-case 'l'.)

Years
  • issannenumel

1) Seel ? Leaves:

isannnum - might be a dud, but now I see Munna.

2) Munna? Leaves:

issneel - Might be a dud, but it reminds me of:

3) Sneasel ?

innum -> Minun!

Sneasel & Minun !

declinational
    Hint: Neither is fully evolved.
    Hint2: One Pokemon's name is 1 letter longer than the other.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Nincada + Litleo

Spent a while on this one. Found nothing good starting with 'C' or 'D'. Tossed out a lot of names for lacking an 'R' or 'S'. Tried grouping all the same letters together. Happened to have "nnii" at the start. Figured out Nincada from that.

Struggled from there, however. Saw nothing in "itolle". Moved on. Scrambled the letters up in hopes of a clue. Obviously found nothing. Scrolled down the list of Pokemon. Eventually saw Litleo. Clicked.

Scrambled pair: lootrsreveng
    Hint1: One Pokemon with a single type and another with two types.
    Hint2: Shares a type.
    Hint3: Debuted in the same generation.

Years
  • lootrsreveng

Spent several minutes thinking Sentret was in here before realizing there's no second T.... 😅
    Steven is also hiding in here
    A b short of Voltorb....

Ahm... Snover? Which leaves:
    'lotreg...'
    Grotle?

Snover + Grotle =3

promotablerupi
    Hint: 7 letters each.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Pupitar + Breloom! At first I was thinking Skorupi, but there was no S or K. Then I went looking for 7-letter Pokémon names as per the hint, and finally figured it out by looking at the "upi" bit.

GrislyConeBork
    Hint: Two pure Rock-type Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Grisly Cone Bork

At first… Rolycoly, but since there's no second L, I have to think.,. I wonder…

Gri-Ce-Ork… Sly-on-B…

Bonsly!

So that leaves me with Griceork.

Grie Cork and then reverse with Kroc erig…

Regirock! The combo is Bonsly + Regirock!

MeggyTuroKeyXan

Hint 1: One is weak to the other.
    Hint 2: Said other is tall.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Not enough O's for Grookey. Not a Regi. Who has an X in their name? Not Excadrill. Not Axew's line. No S for Snorlax and no H for Munchlax. No C for Calyrex. Not enough X's for Toxapex. Not Toxel's line.

Just noticed a second Y in there. Not Yveltal, Yamper, Yungoos, or Yanma line.

Back to X. Not Shinx's line. Not Vulpix. Not Dartrix. No 'i' for Xurkitree. Not Exeggcute, but maybe Exeggutor?

Leaves "MyKyan". Has to be it, right? Recognizes nothing from that. Looks close to Mankey. Hold on...no.

What are the hints again? Very tall. Describes Alolan Exeggutor very well. Does not know the weakness direction, however. Could be Bug, Ice, Water, Ground, Dragon, Poison, Fighting, Dark, Fire, Flying, Ghost, Fairy, or Rock.

Yeah. Drops this line. Back to X. No 'B' for Bruxish. Not the Onix line. Not Dustox. (Now going down a list of images, but trying not to look at names.) Not Exploud. Not Toxicroak. Not Uxie. Definite not Vanilluxe. Not Delphox. Not Swirlix. Somehow forgot about Xerneas (but not it).

Probably missed some. Would like some confirmation first, though. Wonders about a typo. Seems odd for something to fit so well.

Is Exeggutor one of the Pokemon?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    New pair: houndoogdeed

Hint 1: Names of different length
    Hint 2: Debuted in different generations (and neither in Generation 2).
    Hint 3: Two types for both Pokemon with no types in common. Shares no types with Houndour/Houndoom.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Doduo + Honedge!

As always, checked a full list of Pokémon names to see if any matched the letters here. The abundance of Ds made me head for Pokémon names starting with that letter, and figuring out the other name was relatively easy once I had the remaining letters.

New puzzle: GrimmSeussAliensA

Hint 1: Both Pokémon evolve from Generation II Pokémon, but neither were introduced in that Generation.
    Hint 2: If you think about it, they were made available in the same region.
    Hint 3: One single-typed, the other dual-typed.

Back