• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

All sweeper team

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2006
    Hey I just joined i read alot of these threads and i think you guys can help me out.

long story short, me and my cousin like competing (i dont think i spelled that right ><), but the thing is i have fire red he has ruby. we already fought once, and i swept his whole team with my mewtwo (felt great) i wanted to ask, just in case he ever does get smart and looks on the net for good teams (He was using like lv100 latios groundons erm pelipers and what not), what pokemon are really commonly used in ruby games and what are the best sweepers to kill them? i was wondering if it is possible for some ultra sweepers to be able to take out tanks or healers (like ummm blisseys or snorlaxes) in one hit,.

So could anyone recomend a really strong team of varied sweepers?

thanks

oh and i havent seen a mewtwo in these teams (ive seen a few teams) the mewtwo i eved trained on fire red has

att 206
    def 210
    sat 433
    sde 197
    spe 330

Flamethrower
    Phsycic
    Thunderbolt
    Recover

are these stats low compared to the ones of the more common sweepers? or is mewtwo just not liked for his terrible defenses? cuz id really like to keep my mewtwo

erm thanks alot for ut time, i type alot =\

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2006
    That's my problem i don't know what a breloom is, ummm do you know of any good sweeper pokemon numbers 1-150?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

It looks like you have a lot to learn about the new Pokemon then. Go to any Pokedex on the internet and look them up. The newer Pokemon in the advanced generation that you really have to watch out for are:

Ubers (Super-legendaries): Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Lugia, Ho-oh, Latios, Latias, Deoxys

Legendaries: Jirachi, Celebi, Suicune, Raikou

Standards: Metagross, Breloom, Medicham, Blaziken, Sceptile, Swampert, Milotic, Ninjask, Regice, Salamence, Ludicolo, Blissey, Skarmory, Slaking, Heracross, Forretress, Flygon, Dusclops, Claydol, Umbreon, Steelix

As for sweepers from the RBY generation there are quite a few:

For physical sweepers, you have Tauros, Snorlax, Machamp, Gyarados, Dugtrio, Marowak, and Aerodactyl.

For special sweepers, Alakazam, Zapdos, Gengar, Jolteon, Slowbro, Starmie, Jynx and Exeggutor.

And for Pokemon that are good at using both special and physical attacks, you have Charizard and Dragonite as standouts.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Exactly. Hopefully your cousin doesn't read this and raise up a Tyranitar because a properly trained Tar can eat up your "all powerful" Mewtwo as a light snack.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Oh snap, how could I forget Tyranitar? O_o
    It's another Pokemon in the standards category.

Kataphraktoi

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    Phsyical mewtwo pwns tyranitar(and dont say they dont exist, i saw one yesterday)

Its not all-powerfull though by any means.

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    shanecdavis said:
    Exactly. Hopefully your cousin doesn't read this and raise up a Tyranitar because a properly trained Tar can eat up your "all powerful" Mewtwo as a light snack.

Boah (the only Ttar that uses Crunch) can't do much to a Mewtwo with a CM or two under it's belt. Plus Mewtwo can OHKO Tar with enough CMs and without CMs it can 2HKO on the switch so meh.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Mullet said:
    Boah (the only Ttar that uses Crunch) can't do much to a Mewtwo with a CM or two under it's belt. Plus Mewtwo can OHKO Tar with enough CMs and without CMs it can 2HKO on the switch so meh.
    Ummmm, I wasn't saying Mewtwo couldn't beat Tar (including Boah). I was referring to his Mewtwo specifically. With his Mewtwo moveset (no CM to speak of), a properly trained Boah would have little trouble killing it.

Back