• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

All Unova Starters(Snivy, tepig, oshawott) have Offically got their Hidden Abilities!

The professor offers you Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott. All with their HAs. Who would you pick?

• Snivy

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Tepig

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Oshawott

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Screw them! I'm waiting for the Johto starter's HAs

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
Years
  • As said in the title, All Unova Starters(Snivy, tepig, oshawott) have Offically got their Hidden Abilities!

Snivy line's Hidden ability:
    Contrary: Moves used on the Pokémon that raise stats lower the stats, while the moves that lower the stats raise the stat

Tepig and Pignite's Hidden Ability:
    Thick Fat: Fire and Ice-type moves deal 50% damage.

Embour's Hidden Ability:
    Reckless: The power of moves that have recoil damage is increased by 20%.

Oshawott line's Hidden Ability:
    Shell Armor: Opponent's moves cannot Critical Hit.

What do you think about this? Do you think they will help more in competitive battling? Discuss!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Contrary Serperior Leaf Storm will make an interesting set...to say the least.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Contary Serperior sounds good on paper but it can only do so much with an offensive grass attack plus Dragon Pulse. The fact that it needs Hidden Power for added variety shows its limitation.

Samurott is useless with Shell Armor.

Emboar with Reckless, now that's a monster. Too bad it'll knock out after 2 moves.

Years
  • Emboar with Reckless is one of those things that could have been usable, but it's kinda like Rampardos in the sense that it comes with strong Attack (and not quite as strong here), but it's slow and not good defensively save some high HP. It might still prove use in the lower tiers.

Nakala Pri

I use Serperior whenever I can (competitively) with Leaf Storm! Sharply raises Special Attack and it's as fast as hell so BAM! Complete sweep!

The other's abilities aren't that useful but I guess they could come in handy, in some Challenges or something.

Years
  • ^ Sadly, since they're just event Pokémon, they likely won't get much use in any fun playthroughs. But if Serperior had more special attacks to use, maybe it'd be more useful. Sadly it boils down to Leaf Storm, Energy Ball, Dragon Pulse and Hidden Power. Why do Grass-types always get the shaft?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It's great to see that they have finally gotten around to release hidden ability of these three starters.

Personally, I am very fond of Snivy's--Contrary. Contrary reverses all stat boosts and decreases, and while it might some a bit complex at start, it's actually rather helpful. Serperior line has access to Leaf Storm, if I'm not mistaken, which lowers Special Attack by two stages; with Contrary ability, however, these stat changes become positive. Instead of decreasing, they increase. Same applies for other moves like this that Serperior has access to.

As far as Emboar and Samurott go, their hidden abilites are rather useful, too, I would say! Especially former; with Emboar's Reckless, it could have some decent advantage while utilizing attacks such as Flare Blitz (this move is quite strong in itself, but becomes even more hard-hitting after gaining some push from the ability).

Years
  • Guys, apparently the Serperior event is now live internationally, and you download it with the same code that was used in Japan's event: POKEMON497

I wasn't expecting this to make it outside of Japan, but if that means getting a nice Contrary Serperior without having to rely on trading that is definitely welcome. Emboar and Samurott haven't gone international yet but they should in due time.

Reactions: Tek
    Back