• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Allergies...

Years
  • Can't say I'm really allergic to anything, aside from dust. >< Dust will definitely set me off sneezing and coughing.

Although I think I am a bit sensitive to cat fur as well - which meant going home to my parents' house (with their four cats at the time) made for some nice times. However, I haven't really been bothered by cats lately, so I'm not sure what was going on there.

Years
  • I have seasonal allergies (mainly oak pollen and ragweed), but I don't think I'm allergic to any foods or drinks. I also think I have an allergy to wasp stings because one time I was playing around a paper wasp nest outside and didn't know what it was at the time (I was 4 years old) and I got stung by one. After I was stung, my skin severely reddened and stayed that way for a while.

Saki

The Fire Fox
    Years
  • When I was younger I had an allergy to strawberries but I completely out grew it (thankfully)!
    I am not currently allergic to anything but I am extremely sensitive to caffeine, and fairly sensitive to some seafoods.

Sirfetch’d

I'm allergic to certain types of grass which can make for a high annoyance when being outside but other than that, not many other allergies I can think of! I got pretty lucky I guess haha.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Went to an allergist recently, got 12 allergy test shots. Was allergic to all 12 :( This includes ridiculous stuff like grass (wth) and trees.

The allergist said, "haha you should live in a bubble". Screw you, man >:(

\/

Grey Cat
    Years
  • I found out I was allergic to a certain type of pollen after suffering through several days of extremely difficult breathing (the only symptom). Luckily I randomly decided to snack on a slice of ginger, which is a strong anti-histamine, and started taking anti-histamine medicine after figuring that I was having a histamine reaction.

My sister is actually allergic to the sun as we found out this summer in Turkey.

I knew someone who was allergic to the sun while taking a certain medication. He would actually vomit if in the sun too long.

Saki

The Fire Fox
    Years
  • I actually forgot that I am allergic to Echinacea! And it's not that uncommon of an allergy. I found out after I had a cough/flu for close to six months as a result of the echinacea tea I was drinking in an attempt to relieve symptoms. I generally have colds for much longer than the average person and cannot take any cold/flu medication so yeah. I just drink a ton of water and non echinacea teas now in hopes I will recover. I also try and be a bit more preventative but that's difficult beyond eating healthy and being clean!

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I have quite a few...
    Crustaceans, dogs, cats, cockroaches, peanuts, a few types of plants and a few more things I can't remember at the moment.
    I'm actually taking an allergy treatment that I have to get 3 shots a week (becomes 3 every 2 weeks later) that will treat my allergies (not the food ones).

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Oddly enough, I have no allergies. I have the common seasonal allergies but that's it.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I was allergic to tomatoes when I was younger, and I'm allergic to codeine now, but that's about it. I think I lucked out really. If I were one of those kids that were allergic to peanuts I think I might have died by choice rather than from anaphelactic shock. Peanuts are amazing.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I'm not allergic to anything that I know of. I get sinus infections sometimes in the fall and spring though and it sucks!!

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I have seasonal allergies. Mine bother me mostly when the seasons change or between cold and hot. I guess because it takes my body longer to adjust between hot weather and cold weather. I'm also sort of allergic to stress. Not like, severely but... I break out in hives due to stress and anxiety. It's like having the chicken pox. x_x

However, the worst my allergies get is a bad cough and a stuffed up runny nose. They have been worse though, not where I'd feel sick. It's more to the point where I do feel kind of blah. Oh, and I'm allergic to Motrin. Well, I tell hospitals and doctors I am though. It keeps them from prescribing something that makes me extremely sick. XD

Years
  • I don't have any food allergies otherwise that I would be skin and bones. My diet is already limited enough as I only eat vegetables and seafood, but no red meat. Although having seasonal allergies isn't that great either \: Our whole family has an aversion to pollen when springtime comes around; we're all sneezing at the same time and it's crazy.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • I have an allergie. Whenever, i get the smell of paint, i feel sick.

Years
  • I'm not really allergic to anything, but I'm still intolerant to the smell of certain stuff like nuts and even Vegemite. Yeah it's weird that I'm an Aussie who can't stand the smell of something Aussies usually love.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • I'm not really allergic to anything, but I'm still intolerant to the smell of certain stuff like nuts and even Vegemite. Yeah it's weird that I'm an Aussie who can't stand the smell of something Aussies usually love.

But I have Heard that Aussies are only in love and proud of mainly these three things:-

1)
    Allergies...

2)
    Allergies...

3)
    Allergies...

Back