• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Almost no events this gen, One serial code and a Torchic and nothing else is sad

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    This is really getting stupid There was the speed boost torchic and then a Magmar/Electabuzz Serial code from EB games and now we get Ruby and Sapphire announced :S worst gen for the number of events us aussies get in a long while.

Seems like such a waste of time developing a feature like the serial code events thing to not use it when they could of just done it all via the wifi wonder cards. As it is they may as well of just gotten rid the wifi torchic and had a serial code in any copy bought in 3 months of launch since the wifi wondercard was only used for torchic anyway so only 1 of the 2 features would be needed and then only for 2 events in total.

What you guys think? Seems they are rushing games too fast and noone has time to keep up even nintendo with events, smogon hasn't even managed to get thier strategy pokedex sorted for X and Y yet and by the time they do the games will be old news and everyone will be on Ruby and Sapphire and they have to start over again.

Years
  • Yeap, I agree with you. We never get events. The only Wi-Fi event we got, was the Torchic one (and the Celebi from the Pokemon Bank) and some countries won't even get the Magmar/Electabuzz. And Japan already got so many events.

I think one Wi-Fi event that's coming is the Diancie event. Although, I'm not sure if it's a Wi-fi one. I hope it is.

PS. There wasn't a Meloetta Wi-Fi event in BW/B2W2. I hope they don't do the same mistakes again.

LiquidForce

The Upper Downer
    Years
  • I think at the time ORAS comes out there will be more events, also for XY.
    They're remakes, they'll be compatible with XY, won't they?

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Yeap, I agree with you. We never get events. The only Wi-Fi event we got, was the Torchic one (and the Celebi from the Pokemon Bank) and some countries won't even get the Magmar/Electabuzz. And Japan already got so many events.

I think one Wi-Fi event that's coming is the Diancie event. Although, I'm not sure if it's a Wi-fi one. I hope it is.

PS. There wasn't a Meloetta Wi-Fi event in BW/B2W2. I hope they don't do the same mistakes again.

Yeah they gave Meloetta away on site at the movie theatres when the Meloetta pokemon movie was on in Australia at least but no wifi one.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    The Magmar/Electabuzz one wasn't even special at all. No perfect IVs, no special moves, no shiny, just a regular one in a Cherish Ball. Like that's worth much!

At least we have the Diance event being announced soon for XY, according to the latest OR/AS trailer.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Ya gotta remember that X/Y isn't even a year old yet. It just hasn't been around long enough for there to be a lot of events. Though I will admit that we haven't had a lot of good ones so far, partly because they've been restricted to certain locations (PokeBall Vivillon being only distributed in Paris? Seriously?), are not Wifi events, or just plain aren't good. The ones for the Pokemon with Mega stones isn't terribly enticing either since breeding's easier in X/Y and you can get almost all of the mega stones in your game anyway.

I'm hoping that perhaps we'll get a bunch of good events in the months leading up to the release of ORAS or when the hype dies down after ORAS's release......

Years
  • Ya gotta remember that X/Y isn't even a year old yet. It just hasn't been around long enough for there to be a lot of events. Though I will admit that we haven't had a lot of good ones so far, partly because they've been restricted to certain locations (PokeBall Vivillon being only distributed in Paris? Seriously?), are not Wifi events, or just plain aren't good. The ones for the Pokemon with Mega stones isn't terribly enticing either since breeding's easier in X/Y and you can get almost all of the mega stones in your game anyway.

I'm hoping that perhaps we'll get a bunch of good events in the months leading up to the release of ORAS or when the hype dies down after ORAS's release......

This I agree with, it hasn't been a whole year since the release of X/Y yet, but I do admit the games have had a shortage of events compared to the 4th and 5th Gen games at the moment. This can be usually blamed on what was mentioned above, such as not as many wi-fi based events or some only restricted to certain areas, such as the Poke Ball Vivillon only being available in France. Some have also been disappointing, but I'm sure there will be some better events to come soon even if OR/AS may be released by then.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • The only event exclusive to America were the Walmart Garchomp/Scizor that you had to pay $40 for, and I don't think that's a coincidence. Kinda sad, you'd think there would be a ton of events considering how easy it is to distribute Pokémon over WiFi yet for some reason they're sticking with inefficient real-life events. Not sure why they would make features and not use them. :/

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    The Magmar/Electabuzz one wasn't even special at all. No perfect IVs, no special moves, no shiny, just a regular one in a Cherish Ball. Like that's worth much!

At least we have the Diance event being announced soon for XY, according to the latest OR/AS trailer.

I dunno, getting a Magmar/Electabuzz with it's held evolution item is incredibly handy compared to having to Battle Maison them. I did both because it was free and I was within walking distance of Game in the UK.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I will note I keep worrying that I might have missed something. It makes me wish there were more events. But at the same time, I tend to keep them untouched, so I would just store them anyway. It's like a rare coin.

Years
  • Yeah,the WiFi events weren't so great.Mega Blaziken event was a cool hint to the ruby and sapphire remakes,but with all them hidden legendary's in the game,hackers found,they could of done alot more.But hey,we are getting Diancie later this year so guess that's good.

Years
  • Honestly at this point I'm just kind of frustrated with the lack of events. The only thing giving me hope is that we will get more events like Diancie, Hoopa and possibly Deoxys or Jirachi. As for now at least give us some megastones or Victini again.

Jakeremix

Poképro~
    Years
  • I remember how many distributions we got during gen 4, and I went to almost all of them... Regigigas, Mew, Jirachi, Dragonite, Arceus, the shiny beasts. The only difference with those was that I actually had to go to Toys R Us or GameStop to get them. Beginning with Black and White, however, I don't recall any notable distributions like those apart from wifi ones such as the one for the Liberty Ticket.

So yeah, I miss those events... I hope we get a few more this generation at least. Although going to a certain store to receive the pokemon isn't what I liked about them, so it'd be fantastic if we can receive them via wifi again (like we did with Torchic).

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    X and Y are still relatively new, as they've been released only just six months ago, give or take. They did have a couple of distributions, though, such as the ones mentioned above, and I'm sure more will be on our way after ORAS is released. I feel that their focus were shifted on latter for the past few months, which caused them to not be able to concentrate on giveaways and whatnot. Plus, if they do this after release of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, they'd be able to bring people back into playing X and Y, and keep popularity of all four of these games at a balanced level.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • Its getting a bit rediculous, its been almost a year and barely any events. They could do what i like to call "fillers" here like the vivillon, or how they did the spiked ear pichu in SS just to build up to the big ones. Something to keep my attention while the legendaries and key events are released. Im dissapointed in this gen event wise...

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • The only events I've gotten this generation is Torchic / Celebi. Canada didn't get the Garchomp event either, I don't think, but even then I had already purchased the game so I couldn't get it anyway :|

There's the GTS Vivillon I'm waiting for atm :) and then there's also this:

https://www.serebii.net/events/2014.shtml

That Mamoswine. Nothing too special, but it is shiny and available for only one or two days in July. I think you have to go to the actual VGCs to get it, though, which means none for me :(

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I think they were saving some for when ORAS came out, in order to tie the two games together. For example, we get Diancie's Mega Stone in ORAS (revealed in the E3 trailer) but no mention of Diancie, meaning that we will presumably receive the legendary in XY and its Mega Stone in ORAS. I think they'll want to do more of that in the future.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I think they were saving some for when ORAS came out, in order to tie the two games together. For example, we get Diancie's Mega Stone in ORAS (revealed in the E3 trailer) but no mention of Diancie, meaning that we will presumably receive the legendary in XY and its Mega Stone in ORAS. I think they'll want to do more of that in the future.
    That certainly ensures you will either:

a) pay for games in each series, or
    b) trade with other people to get what you need

Back