• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

What's your rating, guys?

• ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 352 70.8%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 115 23.1%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • ✰ ✰

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters

Scion Ceph

Old Iron
Years
  • Ah, I found Chad. He swims around that island near the girl and seems to be occupying that swimmer girl's location as well as his own. The girl doesn't automatically attack either. When interacting with the girl afterward, Chad's dialogue is what pops up.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2021
    What level does Marill evolve into Azumarill? It isn't at level 18 like normal, and it isn't listed in your pokemon evolution changes section.

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
    Years
  • What level does Marill evolve into Azumarill? It isn't at level 18 like normal, and it isn't listed in your pokemon evolution changes section.

I honestly can't remember, and I have a whole lot to attend to right now, but this ain't a bug. it's just that i forgot to list it! I definitely changed it later, and it was done so marill didn't immediately vanish into a new form after catching it lv18.

Probably some time around lv25? if you think it's now too weak now let me know and I'll do some tweaks.

am drunk atm so will take a while to respond

edit: shoutout to our first 1 star review : ( what went wrong homie? I wanna fix it

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2022
    Hi! Been slowly progressing in the game, and I found a couple bugs along the way:
    - Ice is still immune to water... except when hit by your teammate (my swinub almost died to a surf from my wartortle)
    - I know a lot of moves have same/no battle sprites for now, but what's up with defog? It looks like a half glitchy cloud andhas no sfx accompanying it
    - There was an edge of water in Bulba Jungle/ Rapids where I can't surf back from land, except for one specific tile
    - Tank shell recovers twice in the rain. Probably intentional?

That's what I've come across so far. Just slowly inching my way to Winona right now, but I'll report if I find any more weird things happening!

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2022
    Hey i got a question, can Masquerain learn surf?

I just checked with mine and it can learn surf :)

Also this might be a dumb question, but I can't seem to find HM Fly anywhere. I'm currently in Mossdeep before Tate and Liza and it's somewhat a hassle having to surf back and forth to other places.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    I just checked with mine and it can learn surf :)

Also this might be a dumb question, but I can't seem to find HM Fly anywhere. I'm currently in Mossdeep before Tate and Liza and it's somewhat a hassle having to surf back and forth to other places.

Thank you! now i'll definitely add a masquerain to my team >:3

I wish i could help you with finding fly, but im not that far into the game yet u.u sorry!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    You get Fly at the same place as regular Emerald, during the rival battle before Fortree. Also can confirm Masquerain is good, Quiver Dance is lit :)

Is the ability Magic Bounce supposed to bounce back all special attacks, because that seems kind of busted lol

luuma

Years
  • Exam season just finished for me (went well!), I have a loooot planned, and I think we're gonna have something pretty awesome by the end of easter. The as yet unfulfilled promise of 8 new maps is very likely to come true :D

Is the ability Magic Bounce supposed to bounce back all special attacks, because that seems kind of busted lol

lmao I was thinking that I must have caused an unnoticed issue like this last week! it's a result of having reworked the move magic coat ages ago. will fix in about a month, because it requires me to redo the battle engine, and if I'm doing that, I'll be chucking in some new stuff rather than just fixing one thing and leaving it. For now, just enjoy having the most powerful ability this rom will ever contain lmao

For the other issues, the bug patch eta is this sunday, and i will be opening a beta test discord server for the next update. will update this post with deets once im home :)

Edit: bug patch out guys. not a major one but fixes all the stuff that wasn't related to the battle engine. have been unable to replicate swinub getting hit by surf, so I think that could just be Odor Sleuth etc.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2022
    Some bugs(?) I found: I rare candied a Gulpin from 24 to 26 but it didn't evolve, leveled it up normally to 27 and still didn't evolve. And TM34 you get from Wattson teaches Thunder wave, even though the tm description on the bag clearly points to Shock Wave.

Nevertheless, great hack! It's been a blast nuzlocking this, will be checking regularly for updates

luuma

Years
  • Some bugs(?) I found: I rare candied a Gulpin from 24 to 26 but it didn't evolve, leveled it up normally to 27 and still didn't evolve. And TM34 you get from Wattson teaches Thunder wave, even though the tm description on the bag clearly points to Shock Wave.

Nevertheless, great hack! It's been a blast nuzlocking this, will be checking regularly for updates

I have a whole load of late evolutions that were done for balance reasons but never documented properly. Swalot evolves lv28, I just forgot it didn't evolve lv28 in the main game!

gonna put the next update's to do list in the first post now

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    Been playing this hack for a while now... few things I've noticed.
    -I rare candied my Lairon at one point and a single rare candy made it go up about 6 levels in one shot, not sure how this happened, can't replicate.

-Trying to find marine cave to catch Kyogre, however whenever I find a dive spot in the rainstorm it sends me into the Wall inside of Fray Manor. Only tested on 105 and 125

-I caught 3 of my roaming latios' so far.... and every single one had identical IV's and natures, is this an oversight or intended?

Also, not sure if this is a bug, but it's really funny.
    -Send Gardevoir out against ditto
    -Gardevoir traces Imposter, turns into ditto
    -Transform does nothing now (Obviously) But ditto still uses transform.
    -Ditto's sprite turns into Gardevoirs, but the only move it can use is transform.

luuma

Years
  • Been playing this hack for a while now... few things I've noticed.
    -I rare candied my Lairon at one point and a single rare candy made it go up about 6 levels in one shot, not sure how this happened, can't replicate.

-Trying to find marine cave to catch Kyogre, however whenever I find a dive spot in the rainstorm it sends me into the Wall inside of Fray Manor. Only tested on 105 and 125

-I caught 3 of my roaming latios' so far.... and every single one had identical IV's and natures, is this an oversight or intended?

If you return to the weather institute and chat to the guy he resets what routes and dive maps are warped to. Most of the maps should still not be fray manor, I hope??. would explain why you seem to be the first person to find this bug (heck I found kyogre just fine, and some people managed to complete the Dex on patches with fray manor in them, weird) This is waaay to big for me to leave lying around tho so I'll release yet another fix by tomorrow.

Same goes for infinite latios (I may struggle to fix this but come on infinite Latios is a cool name) and I guess the twave TM.

Since I'm doing that, I guess I might as well put out what I have so far for the battle engine. We'll call it patch 2.3. Will upd8 this post once am done, so look forward to Exeggcute with the ability Schooling, and a move that damages the foe and gives them steel type :>

luuma

Years
  • Will old saves be compatible with the new patch?

Patch 2.3, as far as I can see, is gonna be the last 100% incompatible rude nasty patch.

That's the latest patch, fresh out. I've tested it a little, but still there could be major issues.
    To transfer a save, you'll need to save the game, then save your emulator, then load the save in a new rom, then soft reset and load your ingame save file. This should avoid any funny business

good news tho: hoenn looks better than ever. I changed the palettes :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2022
    Got some serious visual glitches on a double battle, I think what triggered it was some new move animations. Didn't affect gameplay though

luuma

Years
  • Got some serious visual glitches on a double battle, I think what triggered it was some new move animations. Didn't affect gameplay though

Oh yeah i know how to fix the black sludge glitch now lemme just do that

Edit: I'm guessing it was the black sludge bug??

Edit2: seems to be fixed, new beta patch out (minor polishing)

Last edited:
    Back