• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Am i the only Pokemon and Dragon Ball fan here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
  • Topic

People who are DB fans are bashing pokemon becuase it's too childish. I knew DB and Pokemon at the same time from RTL2 (and even have some episodes on DVD from both series)

So i'm wondering, is there any DB AND Pokemon fan besides me?

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Uh... no.

I'm a fan of both as well.

Looking forward to Dragon Ball Super english dub. I could care less about the negative reviews. I never listen to 'reviews' anyways.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • There's a mathematical theorem about this. For every pair of anime franchises x and y there is at least one person for each of these categories: loves x and hates y, hates x and loves y, loves both, and hates both.

The point being, there are a ton of varieties of opinions on anime, so you shouldn't take some bashing on the web to necessarily mean a ubiquitous or even representative opinion. I found the internet much easier to deal with when I started taking it less personally when people bash stuff I like. Perspective's important, and there's always plenty of people who think the opposite of a given opinion, especially for matters of taste.

And yes, I like Dragon Ball too. :)

Years
  • Probably not. Seeing as how Dragon Ball and Pokémon are both widely known, I think there's a high probability for several fans from each base take part in the other respectfully.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • i grew up on both so :> i don't keep up with DB and have never really watched the anime vers, but I still remember it fondly!

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I did enjoy DB when it used to come on TV every afternoon, but I wasn't too heavily invested in it. Though I definitely know a lot of people who loved both. Not to mention a few people in this section discuss DB here from time to time... and it is a Pokemon forums so...

sykotiksonik

Amateur YouTuber/Pokémon Master
    Years
  • Absolutely not! Dragon Ball is one of my favorite series of all time (purely from nostalgia I admit), and I still love the first 8 seasons of Pokémon, indifferent at best towards the rest of the seasons.

Life

[FONT="Poiret One"][color=#aaaaaa]Perception of Re
    Years
  • I remember every morning Dragonball used to air right after Pokemon, so I'm sure there's loads of people that are probably a fan of both - I know I am. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    Dragon Ball for life. It's just a part of me at this point.
    Always have love for pokemon too

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Online now
    Dragon Ball and to a lesser extent, Dragonball Z were such massive parts of my childhood.

MadHatter62

The Master of Sticks
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    I was a fan of DBZ before I discovered Pokemon. The fact that my avatar is a picture of Mr. Popo's eyes and that I'm active on this site alone proves I'm I big fan of Pokemon and DBZ.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back