• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Approved] Among Us event planning thingy (kinda sus)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • Placeholder for my awesome planning for super awesome Among Us event (exciting!).

Stuff to do:
    -- Initial planning
    -- CSS for thread (in progress, will resume 6/21)
    -- Thread draft (in progress, will resume (6/21)
    -- Rules (they'll be straightforward, just integrated with PC rules)
    -- Schedule
    The following schedule will be utilized (All times U.S. Eastern and subject to change)
    ---Monday: 2 p.m - 5 p.m. (1-4 p.m. for me)
    ---Tuesday OFF
    ---Wednesday 2 p.m. - 5 p.m. (1-4 p.m. for me)
    ---Thursday OFF
    ---Friday 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.; 8 p.m. - Midnight (or even later)
    ---Saturday 8 p.m. - Midnight (or even later)
    ---Sunday OFF

Considering:
    --Request Among Us room on PC Discord? Who should we ask? I will require voice! done, staff will do that for me
    --Stream on Twitch? Is it possible? nah
    --May require about 2 cohosts to help out because timezones/work schedule!

Deadline is July 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • The #among-us channel is still around, just archived - we'd be more than happy to bring it back for this. I know there are a lot of people on the PC Discord Server who will be super hyped to see it back, even if temporarily.
    I think we'll also have a GT voice-chat (but can add one for among us if need be)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Amazing, appreciate the discord room! And yes, I'd very much prefer voice chat for this, too (it's so much fun with voice).

Currently, CSS for the thread is being worked on, I should have somewhat of a preview this weekend. I will be on vacation next week so a draft will be done beforehand.

I will also figure out a schedule this weekend, as well. More likely I'll do a Monday/Wednesday/Friday/Saturday type of schedule

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Before I go ahead and submit my thread for approval, I need some clarification regarding points.

From thread:
    Daily Games/Short Events:
    Third/Participation (depending): 5pt
    Second: 10pt
    First: 15pt

I was thinking of awarding points based on who wins the round. Like for example, if you win as a Crewmate, you're awarded 5 points. If you're impostor, you win 5 points. Would I also have to award points for those who participated?

Years
  • Before I go ahead and submit my thread for approval, I need some clarification regarding points.

From thread:

I was thinking of awarding points based on who wins the round. Like for example, if you win as a Crewmate, you're awarded 5 points. If you're impostor, you win 5 points. Would I also have to award points for those who participated?

Depending on how often games are and how many you run in a session you might want to up to ten, but it's fine to run it your way since the standard guideline doesn't make much sense for the event.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • THIS IS NOT THE FINAL THREAD.

I am finalizing the CSS for it. The next post will have the FINAL FINAL thread. Feedback is welcome before I release the final product.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • THIS IS THE FINAL FINAL THREAD.

Thread is ready. Can't wait!

1f9249103f371671071532e02e3ab39d2da49cbe.png

Hosted by: Axeliira

Introduction

"Sounds pretty 'sus over here..."

Welcome to PokeCommunity's "Among Us" Event where the main goal of the game is to not be "sus"! Okay, not just that. Join the game and have a grand ol' time accusing others of murdering your teammates (or murder them as the impostor) while completing tasks to win! Make friends, or even an enemy or two in this popular murder-mystery game that captivated us during lockdown!

This event WILL take place on PokeCommunity's Discord and will require voice! The game cannot be played with text.

How to Participate

Download Among Us
    Don't have the game? "Among Us" is available on almost every platform, including mobile devices! Download the game here.

Never played "Among Us" before? Watch this video first:

NOTE: Costumes/pets/hats are extra and must be purchased separately if you plan to use them.​
    Download Discord
    Haven't joined the PokeCommunity Discord? JOIN HERE
    Find the #Among-Us channel on the sidebar.
    ALSO! Ask a PC Moderoid to be added to the @Among-Us role to be alerted when a game comes on!​

Rules.

Before the fun starts, there are some rules to abide to before jumping ship.

★ ~ All PokeCommunity rules apply.
    All rules from this page apply. So be sure to be familiarized!

★ ~ When using voice, keep profanity and to a minimum
    The occasional Fudge or Sugar Honey Iced Tea is fine, but please don't use it excessively.

★ ~ Costumes/Hats/Pets are allowed, mods are not!
    Mods (not PC moderators, lol) can sometimes break the game, so please do not use them for this event.

★ ~ Other In-Game rules:
    You do not need to use your PC name in-game as long as you identify yourself on Discord (I will be using Meggy in-game). The room will have a limit of 15 people per game, including three impostors. Players MUST BE MUTED during the tasking process.​

Schedule

NOTE: Schedule is subject to change! Any changes will be notified via Discord and this thread.

Times listed are U.S. Eastern Daylight Time. To convert to your specific timezone, please visit TimeAndDate's Time Zone Converter.
    Monday:
    2 p.m - 5 p.m.;
    10 p.m – 1 a.m.
    Tuesday:
    10 p.m – 1 a.m.
    Wednesday:
    2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
    10 p.m – 1 a.m.
    Thursday:
    2 p.m. - 5 p.m.;
    10 a.m. - 1 a.m.
    Friday:
    OFF
    Saturday:
    OFF
    Sunday:
    9:30 p.m. - midnight​

How are points awarded during GT?
    Points will be easy to earn. A total of five (5) points will be earned:

★ ~If you (individually) participate (and win) as a Crewmate (this includes completing ALL tasks on hand OR eliminating ALL impostors), 5 points will be earned towards their PC team.
    ★ ~If you (individually) participate (and win) as an Impostor (this means successfully killing ALL Crewmates) 5 points will be earned towards their PC team.
    ★ ~ Points will not be awarded if you are voted out/killed off (whether as Impostor or Crewmate).
    ★ ~ Points will only be awarded during scheduled games. (unless otherwise noted in advance)

Last edited:
    Back