• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ancient Relics: The Fossil Fanatics

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    Serebii.net hasn't shown the egg moves for Amaura yet, so I'm not sure what all
    Aurorus can have... Rest is the only recovery move I see, but I don't think
    that'd be reliable & Sleep Talk takes up a valuable slot...
    But I long ago thought up this move, which the majority of Rock-types & a few
    others can learn:
    Rock Diet
    Type: Rock
    Recovers the user's HP by eating rocks. (game text)
    This is just a Rock-type Recover.

& I just noticed that Aurorus can learn Frost Breath...
    that should be her's STAB of choice, because Frost Breath now has a BP
    of 60 & because it's always a critical hit, it's basically a Blizzard with 90%
    accuracy regardless of weather & ignores Sp.Def boosts.
    Calm Mind users beware!

EDITED IN:
    I also up-dated the King Crown ability:
    King Crown
    Recoil moves restores HP instead. (game text)

The change I made is that ALL recoil moves restores HP by 25% of damage done.
    This is because I remembered that not all recoil moves have a 50% backlash
    like Head Smash.

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I still think that Aurorus stands a good chance at getting moonlight from an egg move. After all, it seems to have a pretty strong dependance on the night if it evolves during the night. As well as part of the name comes from the northern lights.

Alright, I think these mega-evolutions are now balanced out.

I'm not sure about the rock diet. It would make sense, but it seems that a lot of rock types would be able to learn it. Then again, there isn't exactly a plethora of rock types in the OU tier, and way too many rock types lack a form of recovery. Alright, I like the idea. Maybe the health gain could increase to 75% in sandstorm, or would that be too much?

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Yup, most Pokemon having some relationship to night usually get Moonlight one way or another. :]

You generally don't see rock-types in OU for their slowness and huge amounts of weaknesses. I think a recovery move would definitely boost their durability. 75% is a bit much though. It'd be fine if we cut back on something such as PP but then again, rock types need every form of help they can get so I'm not sure. I'll just see what everyone else has to say. It sounds like a nice addition but sounds kind of overpowered. How much would it heal out of Sandstorm? Would it do something similar to Morning Sun? :p

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    OMG OMG GUYZ FROST BREATH 60 BP ITS ROCKING THE WORLD OMG OMG

Narnia's right about that though, we would like Mega Aurorus to be strong, but we shouldn't shut down ALL her weaknesses. Then she would become too overpowered.

I'm pretty sure she's going to get Recover, Wish or Moonlight so I wouldn't worry about that. If she doesn't, then she'll have to make do with Rest (since Rest also covers status problems, it isn't a total waste).

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    What I have in mind for Rock Diet is that it recovers 50% of total HP,
    regardless of weather.
    Like I said, it's just a Rock-type Recover.

Hopefully Aurorus will get Moonlight... If not, there's always the Wish support
    strategy.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Hmm, as we've simply wandered off into the competitive side of fossil Pokémon, let me anchor back with another question.

We all remember our fossils, but how we get them? Which generation proved a very realistic/interesting method to get them?

I feel it's the IV Gen, since digging for our fossils was really awesome and not like,"You found a fossil on the ground! How totally expected! Fossils are really easy to find."

Floette

Fairy Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    Name: Doc
    Partner: Ahhh this is hard! Omanyte c:

As for the current question, I loved Gen IV's digging for fossils so much! I have loads of the things in my Diamond game where I spent so long digging them up.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    The underground on Gen 4 is awesome, kinda wish they'd bring it back...
    But from what I understand, you can get ANY fossil by Rock Smash in the back
    of Glittering Cave on X & Y post-game, so that sounds like the most convient way
    to get fossil pokemons.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    The underground on Gen 4 is awesome, kinda wish they'd bring it back...
    But from what I understand, you can get ANY fossil by Rock Smash in the back
    of Glittering Cave on X & Y post-game, so that sounds like the most convient way
    to get fossil pokemons.

That is cool. A bit unrealistic, but hell, it's cool. Finally I know the secret to good luck and I will preserve my Rock Smash.

In Gen IV the digging spot was awesome too, I mean we could get all fossils (except for Skull/Armour depending on your last two digits of your Trainer ID... or something?) and in the original DP games we could get Skull Fossil for Diamond and Armour Fossil for Pearl. I had nice times digging around (except for 17 Armour Fossils I dug up into my bag... lol) and that really made it a fossil hunt. I think I've gotten every fossil by now, so I'm pretty happy with my progress.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    Here's a question for you guys:

What if in future Pokemon games, what if we could mine stuff from the caves & not
    being limited to exploring them?

I could see the Water/Rock fossils being mined from caves with lots of water &
    finding a Sail Fossil in a icy cave... & we could also find evolution stones, Hard Stones,
    Everstones, Nuggets (big & small), Etc., depending on the cave.

Also, I recently found out that Pokemon gets 100 more base stats points by
    Mega Evoultion... should I adjust the stats of Mega Tyrantrum/Aurorus to meet this
    rule, or should I wait awhile?
    (We did just get off the topic of Fossils in competitive battles...)

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I think we moved past the competitive fossil scene, for now at least. ;)

I think mining in the caves could be really cool. It would be great for adding new adventure. Plus, you get the feeling of actually discovering your new partner, instead of just taking it from someone else.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Oh yeah, that's true. What I really want to see is more interaction with the said miner and the Pokémon in hand, perhaps them working together to dig up the loot? And I would also want to see more difficulty in reviving the fossils. Right now it's like stuff the fossil into a scientist's face and get it back polished for free. Again, perhaps a more interesting/costly method would suffice? It's not right now anything like that, so yeah.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    Oh yeah, that's true. What I really want to see is more interaction with the said miner and the Pokémon in hand, perhaps them working together to dig up the loot? And I would also want to see more difficulty in reviving the fossils. Right now it's like stuff the fossil into a scientist's face and get it back polished for free. Again, perhaps a more interesting/costly method would suffice? It's not right now anything like that, so yeah.

Maybe like a mini-game where you use a machine to revive the fossils?

Not sure how it'd play like, but it's sure to be interesting.

WhtKnt

Budding Breeder & Trainer
    Years
    Oh, nice. I'd love to be a part of this Club.

Name: WhtKnt
    Partner: Amaura, Tyrunt. (I love 'em both!)

Favorite Fossil:
    Honestly, I like all of them.. but, if I absolutely had to pick.. it'd be a three-way tie between Amaura, Tyrunt, and Aerodactyl. They're all just excellent Pokemon, and depending on how they're trained, can be extremely nasty. :D

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    Oh, nice. I'd love to be a part of this Club.

Name: WhtKnt
    Partner: Amaura, Tyrunt. (I love 'em both!)

Favorite Fossil:
    Honestly, I like all of them.. but, if I absolutely had to pick.. it'd be a three-way tie between Amaura, Tyrunt, and Aerodactyl. They're all just excellent Pokemon, and depending on how they're trained, can be extremely nasty. :D
    Same partner choices as me!
    I think we'll get along quite well!

You have to wait for AlexOzzyCake to put your name on the list, but I
    don't see why he wouldn't... so welcome to the club!

To make this post Fossil pokemon related:
    What kind of creature, plant, etc., would you guys like to see future fossil Pokemon
    based off of?
    (sorry if someone already asked this...)

P.S.
    I came up with new base stats for Mega Tyrantrum & Aurorus if anyone's interested...

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    To make this post Fossil pokemon related:
    What kind of creature, plant, etc., would you guys like to see future fossil Pokemon
    based off of?
    (sorry if someone already asked this...)

P.S.
    I came up with new base stats for Mega Tyrantrum & Aurorus if anyone's interested...
    Hmm... What new pokemon. You know, they've already based pokemon off of so much, I'm just not sure.

Oh, I know! How about a Millipede? Prehistoric Millipedes grew to be really long (I'm going to take a guess at 5 feet), so it could work. As far as plants go, maybe a pokemon based off of Drosera rotundifolia would work? It's a carnivorous plant, here's a picture:
    Spoiler:

It just seems like they have a plant pokemon for everything else.

I'm interested in Mega Tyrantrum & Aurorus' new base stats.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back