• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completed Animal Crossing Fancy Dress Party!

Years
  • Animal Crossing
    Fancy Dress Party!

Hi everyone, Able Sisters here! We've had rather the surplus in Halloween goodies come in and well... it would be a waste to just send them back. So rather than prettying up our houses, slaving for hours over getting the best furniture and such, what about a fancy dress party?

The Event

In this event, participants will simply need to put together an outfit fit for a Halloween-themed fancy dress party! You can choose to create this in any Animal Crossing game you wish and I will not be using things such as rarity/value of items used as a deciding factor, so that players don't have to worry about spending loads of time or money that they may not be able to access!

Points will be as follows:

Participation: 5 Points
    3rd Place: 10 Points
    2nd Place: 25 Points
    1st Place: 50 Points

Achievements

We will have some Achievements for this event this year too! Players can also earn the following achievements (these are one-offs, once a player has earned it no one else can):

Cutest Costume - 10 Points
    Scariest Costume - 10 Points
    Most Realistic Costume - 10 Points

Message your submissions to myself either on here or on Discord (Arcaneum#0823).

Years
  • Hi all!

Just a quick one to advise the entry window is now closed! Myself and the wonderful Inky will looking over these in the next day or so and be giving out the results towards the end of the GT!

Years
  • Animal Crossing
    Fancy Dress Party - Judging!

Our Animal Crossing fancy dress party is coming to a close! Thank you to everyone for joining, I hope you enjoyed it! The entries this year have been really great! Please see below our entrants and our thoughts on them.
    1. 5qwerty

So firstly, props for making this in something that's not ACNH! We liked the Vorhees of Animal Crossing vibe you went for and I personally love the fact you've positioned yourself a bit like some creepy killer waiting to chop someone up. Great effort considering the limitations you had!

2. Dusk

This is a really good take on Guoba from Genshin Impact. Considering what you would've had to work with, this is a job well done! It's super cute and sports all the defining features of the character you were trying to cosplay.

3. Juno

Well, we wanted a costume and we wanted a Halloween vibe and this is exactly what you've given us! It's ticking all the creepy and scary boxes; we both really enjoyed this one and everything you've done with it. Great work!

4. Aquacorde

Yeeeehawwwww, this is so adorable! It really gave us the same sorta vibes you'd expect to see from a kid's cowboy costume; Juno may have got the scary part of Halloween down but we think you captured the essence of a fancy dress costume the best! That mustache in particular is hilarious and incredible.

5. Sammi

ANGY SQUID BABY. We both enjoyed your interpretation of a Salmon Run employee from Splatoon - not easy portraying a non-human character as a human and you did a great job of it, even down to using a hairstyle similar to the tentacles!

6. TwilightBlade/Lilith

Although it may not have the same element of costume/fancy dress as some other entries, overall this is a really adorable and well thought out outfit! The ensemble is perfectly put together and gives that autumnal vibe, well done!

7. Devalue

Props for picking something bold and brave Deva! We enjoyed that you went out of your way with what you had to create a Pokémon from ScarVio, sticking to a theme of the event but more importantly a different one to other participants! Had you asked me if this Pokémon would be able to be portrayed in ACNH, I would've told you no!

Now after some butting of heads and some serious pondering, we declare the three winners of this year's Animal Crossing event to be:

1. Juno
    2. Aquacorde
    3. Devalue

Congratulations to all 3 of you! In terms of Achievements, we've picked the following three:

Cutest Costume - TwilightBlade/Lilith
    Scariest Costume - Juno
    Most Realistic Costume - Dusk

Thank you again to everyone that participated; any feedback will be appreciated but otherwise - until next year villagers!

Last edited:
    Back