• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
    I've been a fan of the series since I was introduced to the GameCube title waaaaay after it was out. I got my wii as a gift from my grandparents, and they gave us a ton of wii and GameCube games, this being one. My sister and I would play it all the time, but it was a few months before we actually got a GameCube memory card, so we played by just starting a new game and seeing what we could do in the hour or so of gaming time we were limited to back them. X) when we did get a memory card, we played the sh*t out if it, until one day someone (totally not me) dropped the disk on the concrete floor (why is everyone looking at me). We had the Wild World for a time as well, but we didn't like that one as much compared to the original. My parents bought is City Folk when we were teenagers, and we played that one for a long time as well, although we always said it was never quite as good as the original. I bought New Leaf the day it came out. We had been super hyped about it, and neither of us could wait to play. My sister plays it more than I do nowadays, but I loved that game to death during the first few months. Then I started playing other games, mainly Fire Emblem for the billionth time and Pokemon X, and didn't touch Nee Leaf for like six months. I rarely check on it nowadays; like I said, my sister plays more than me, and even she only plays like twice a month. But I still have a soft spot for the series, and I always keep my eye out for the original GameCube version every time I go shopping for games. We still have that old save file on our only (now full) GameCube memory card. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    For what it's worth, the original Animal Crossing isn't that expensive. I bought mine for $13 and you can typically find it online for about that same price, give or take. Mine is yellow label though, so I imagine black is more expensive, but I doubt it's anywhere near the likes of, say, Luigi's Mansion.

Auraluxe

↞The Swashbucklin' Fool↠
    Years
    There were a lot of little changes, the main one being that the plot is different. For one thing, you enter the town and upon arrival there's some mistake that causes everyone to think you're the new Mayor. Tortimer, the mayor in the previous games, has retired. You have a few different dialogue options, but no matter which you choose they basically reply with something along the lines of "Don't be silly, we know you're the mayor!"
    So the whole game basically revolves around you doing the same things you could do in previous games (collecting furniture, paying off your home, decorating the town with paths and plants and trees, etc) but with some major revamps seeing as, well, you're now the mayor. There's a new feature called Public Works Projects where you can set up little projects around the town; Things like benches, trellises, a campsite, etc. You can also enact ordinances, the villagers look up to you and come to you for more than they used to, etc.

So yeah, there are some little things as well as some rather big changes. It does, of course, have aspects from the previous games, but all the changes are definitely worth the buy! Especially the graphics!

Also you can now swim in the ocean. Yay! x3

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    I managed to save Charlise, who tried to move away in the 2 months I ignored my town, lol! I used a new character to do scouting.

Years
    Not that I like weeds... but when I New Leaf I tend to go weeks between getting back to town. Bed head is amazing.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I have beauty ordinance, so I never have to worry about weeds, roaches, or bed head. n___n It's essentially the best ordinance if you live a busy and/or unpredictable life and don't want you're town getting completely screwed when you can't play for a while.

Speaking of beauty, would anyone like some free flowers some time? I was trying to breed hybrids and got stuck with a lot of normal flowers that are just...in the way and I can't think of a creative way to use them and I need room to make more hybrid patches. So if anyone has a barren town or wants some of the normal flowers to start hybrid breeding their own stuff, let me know and you can come take some flowers. There will be rules to what's available and not, but still, free flowers!

Rellek

Believe
    Years
    Haha, I don't think I'd have anywhere to put those flowers in my town! Mine's COVERED in blue/purple/pink/Orange roses (love roses) so I don't have any space. Which reminds me, if there's anyone who wants blue roses (because I know they're RETARDEDLY difficult to breed without a pair of blues) just let me know. I have more than I'll ever need. Once you have 2 blue roses, they start breeding like poppies it's insane.

Also, I'm looking to get rid of a couple of villagers in hopes of replacing them with kool kats. Trying to get a town full of cats and eagles and my beloved Skye (My dream villager, I love her so much!) So if anyone wants any of these, lemme know so that when they decide to move, I don't just skip over them.

Looking to be rid of:
    Paula: Uchi Bear
    Kody: Jock Bear Cub
    Drago: Lazy Dragon

blue

gucci
    Years
    Love ACNL. Right up until the release of Pokemon X & Y, this was by far my most played game on the 3DS. I actually checked and updated my Town on a daily basis for a good few weeks before reducing my gameplay hours after starting work and what not. I still like to go back and visit my town and villagers every now and then. n_n

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    i love ACNL too! i actually restarted my town after i was finished with XY, as i didn't like the river pattern i had anymore mostly. Now i'm in the process of modeling my current town after Mossdeep City from ORAS, as far as that's possible with the screenshots available.

my mayor is Steven Stone as i don't think i'll ever need to move his house again, and my main character will be the games' (female) protagonist. she lives in the Space Center - although it doesn't look anything like a Space Center yet.

Last edited:
    My boyfriend wants to restart his town.. for the third time. @_@; I'm still on my very first town that I made several days after the game's release. A tad bit put off from playing due to all the punishments you get from not checking in often enough but I'm thinking of going back to it again, too. Then I can finally get those last few dream villagers! :D

Years
    I actually had my save file corrupt only a few months after getting the game, so unfortunately I haven't had the same town since the beginning. I restarted last August though, and have stuck with the same town ever since.

To be honest, other than the few days after my file corrupted, I've played the game almost every day since the launch. Granted, it might only be for 10 minutes before I go to bed to check up on my town/villagers, but that's more so because I'm worried at what might happen to my town if I left it for a long time without checking, haha.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I just restarted my town last night so I'm on my second restart, lol oops.

I'm so happy with this town though! Well, I'm not happy with the area around the station, which is an important part for me. It's kinda crowded with a boulder and two ponds, but when I tested out this map and saw that Merengue was a villager... it was instantly decided, lol. Curt is also a villager, and he's not popular but he's a personal favorite because he was a big part of my previous village. I played a bit today and found out that Tammy is moving in, and she was my favorite villager from my original town, so I feel like this is fate telling me to stick with this town haha :b

I forgot how much of a pain it is to get the 100% mayor approval rating to begin PWPs, ugh Q_Q my days are off a little because I restarted my town at like 5 AM and the town refreshes at 6 AM, so even though it's one day to me it's technically the second day in game, so I'm still in a tent... but that'll change tomorrow morning!

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I love New Leaf, but I'm sad because Ankha left me. :( I still have Marshal though. ...I'm gonna check right now and see if Rocket left. She moved in right in front of my cafe. >>

Edit: THANK GOD SHE IS FINALLY GONE AND I CAN GET SOME SANITY BACK AND MAYBE A VILLAGER I ACTUALLY LIKE

...I never should have laughed at you, and I am so sorry.

Spoiler:

Dustmop

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    But I don't want her to move out! Haha.

I don't want to wait, what is it, 10 or 15 villager cycles before an old villager can move back?

On the other hand.. she's worth a pretty penny and I already have 3 other adorable Snoots...

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    Ohhhh I didn't played for a while!! :( I will probably have to restard it... Almost a complete year... This is sad... But I cannot play that often right now... That's what I don't like about this game :/ (the only thing tho)

Years
    *sigh* I haven't played in quite a while... 120-some days... I did the Villager thing to stop them from moving, but does it actually work...?

I stopped playing for Tomodachi Life, but now I'm kinda bored of that, too. I might get back into it if I none of my Villagers moved, EXCEPT AVA I HATE HER SHE NEEDS TO LEAVE.

Dustmop

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    *sigh* I haven't played in quite a while... 120-some days... I did the Villager thing to stop them from moving, but does it actually work...?

What is this fancy trick everyone keeps talking about? D:

Is it just as simple as only having 1-8 villagers? Being in the 'entering period' where they'll only move in, not out?

Years
    What is this fancy trick everyone keeps talking about? D:

Is it just as simple as only having 1-8 villagers? Being in the 'entering period' where they'll only move in, not out?

Nope, it's where you get a Villager to Ping you about moving, you tell them NO and save and quit. Supposedly, until you load the game again, none of the Villagers can move out. So it doesn't work if you're playing every day like I used to. :(
    I'm not sure if it's a glitch, an oversight, or if it's on purpose, but I think it needs to stick around for the rest of the series.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I actually have over a million Bells thanks to the Stalk Market. I spent almost 300,000 Bells on Turnips priced at 102 Bells each, and sold each one for 560 Bells. This is the best!

Also, I hate Winnie. She won't move out, and her house is right next to Re-Tail. It makes travelling near it inconvenient. Me and my sibling who runs this town always scream at her on the Megaphone, plant Pitfalls outside her house and annoy her as much as possible but SHE WON'T LEAVE. It's like despite being harrassed and treated horribly by not just a local resident but also the mayor of the town, she chooses to stay put and pretend she isn't miserable living in a town where even the mayor hates her.

Back