• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Approved: Anime Snapshot Contest -- Planning

Years
    I hope it's alright for me to decide upon this.. but I was thinking of some things, although some things can be subject to change if Lapras* has any ideas.

So, here's some things of consideration that I can come up with:

• Emblems
    • Themes
    • Inaugural post design (CSS)

Another thing to ponder is if to change the theme only every other day or daily while PCX is going on and to set limits on what can and cannot be posted.. This thread is really just a scratchpad to begin planning, so some things will be adjusted along the way.

As for scenes posted from banned episodes, I don't think those should be permitted, thus automatic disqualification (if me and Lapras* have that say).

Submission format should probably be like this:
    Spoiler:

Because of the banned episode thingamajig, that's why I have the "episode name".. however all of this is just thoughts for pondering.

I'll go ahead and design emblems a bit later or if Lapras* has some designs, then they can get posted.

Oh, one more thing.. we will need some judges. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I had a couple ideas of themes! I was thinking since it's 10 years of PC, and that there are other events like PC highs, we could have two categories like... Past & Present? Like moment with most personal nostalgia or one you remember the most for past, and then maybe a recent moment that makes you want to keep watching Pokemon? idk just thoughts.

I think that maybe if we set a new theme each day it wouldn't really give people time, especially if they had to find the right episode or something that matches the theme etc.

I could try making the emblems, I have lots of Pokemon screenies, haha. Though I think it would be cool if we had a theme first, then maybe they could match ^^

I think the submission's good! And uh, if we're going to include CSS maybe that should be you doing it... I can't really ;c

Years
    I may actually scrap CSS from the inaugural post because I did notice that some past event threads didn't have CSS formatting, but I thought it would make the thread look prettier.

Later today when I get home from school, I am going to probably type up the initial final format of the opening post.

As for emblems, I think it'd be appropriate to do distribute by themes to the winners and then all others get one for participation.

Finally, I think we can do themes that last for two days and then use the last day of PCX to judge. Also, do you have any judges in mind? Or do you want it to be you and I who judge the entries?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    (responded to PM with other answers)

Hey Zach maybe it would be easier if we met on the chat to figure everything out? I see you're on now but sleeping, haha. If you see me on there PM me! What time would be best for you?

Years
    Anytime after 8 PM this evening really (eastern time, GMT-4)... just ping me and we can chat there ;)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Yup!

Yeah I got Megan (meganium90/leaf storm) to be a judge! Now we have 3. I think that might be fine, but unless you think we should get more/or we have more participants we can get another 1 or 2.

Also I think maybe we could do a Past/Present thing like I said before, like
    Past: Most Nostalgic Moment from earlier seasons, scene you remember the most, that one episode you would watch over and over, a moment that shows why you liked the show as a kid, favorite battle/contest etc
    Present: A moment from newer seasons that makes you keep watching, A moment that shows how much the show has evolved, favorite battle/contest etc

Thank goodness there are Pokemon photographers xD
    Anime Snapshot Contest -- Planning
    Past?
    Present?
    Participant

I think it might tie into the other events like PC Highs, favorite moment from PC, etc that other events are doing.

(of course any of this can be edited)

Years
    I really like that idea of past and present! :O Are those the only themes that are gonna get focused on?

And thanks for the emblem designs! Though do you have 100x100 copies of them as well? :P

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    We could have like, an Overall category like
    -Favorite Battle/Contest Appeal
    -Funniest Moment
    -Best shot of your favorite character
    I can make an emblem really quick for overall ^^ Also I wasn't sure what size they should be so thats why they're 80x80, it'll be really easy to change them to 100x100 so I'll upload it in a minute~

Hmm... does
    Past: Moment from an episode you could watch over and over, most nostalgic moment, a moment that shows why you kept watching (or didn't) the show as a kid
    Present: A moment that shows how much the show has evolved since it began, A moment that shows why you continue to watch the show (or don't), and maybe a third one for each category?

Also QUESTIONS!
    - People have to take their own screencaps, or find them?
    - Can screencaps be edited? I think just to be simple, they should just be non-edited
    - Do you think you could write up the first post with some CSS? (if you're feeling better ofc) I'm not really that great at it, it's too frustrating lol

Last edited:
    Years
    Answers.
    - I think we can allow them to use outside sources, however hotlinking would be prohibited.
    - Edited? Maybe not extra effects added, but certainly they should be allowed to resize/crop as long as they adhere to the rules.
    - Unfortunately, I'm not good with CSS either, but I am still thinking of some rules. The inaugural post doesn't have to have CSS either, if you look at other event threads from the past. :)

Now, questions for you :P
    - What do you think the max width (in pixels) should be? Max height?
    - Any particular order of the themes over which dates you would like to have?

Also, per the Setup thread by Hiroshi Sotomura, do you have the final list of judges and how we're going to judge? I want to get the list sent off to him soon so that they can be set up.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Max image: 500x500? It seems reasonable, and it's not that hard to resize images.

Also for themes, since we have 6 days and it's day to day, we could do
    Day 1: Past: Moment that has the most personal nostalgia for you (that makes sense right?)
    Day 2: Past: Moment from an episode you could watch over and over (too similar?)
    Day 3: General Anime: Moment from your favorite battle/contest appeal/contest battle
    Day 4: General Anime: Moment that made you laugh
    Day 5: Present: A moment that shows how much the show has "evolved" from the beginning seasons
    Day 6: Present: A moment that shows why you keep watching the show (or don't) now

Does that sound good? Also, for rules possibly:
    1. No hotlinking, upload your images using Photobucket, Imgur, Imageshack (Tinypic seems to die sometimes imo)
    2. Max image limit: 500x500
    3. Credit the source of your image
    4. No banned episodes
    5. No repeated snaps

yay/nay?

Top Notch Snapper
    Congrats! You won first place in one of the Present themes for the 2012 Anime Snapshot Contest!

Old School Snapper
    Nice one! You won first place in one of the Past themes for the 2012 Anime Snapshot Contest!

or
    ?
    Stylish Snapper
    Good job! You won first place in one of the General Anime themes for the 2012 Anime Snapshot Contest!

Looks like this one didn't come out right...
    Thanks for participating in the 2012 Anime Snapshot Contest!

Also on a side note are the images too bright? I noticed recently my monitor displays images a bit darker than other computers view them.

Judges:
    Lapras*
    ZachLMedia
    Leaf Storm

Umm for the previous snap threads I think they would post the themes in the mornings, then close to the end of the day they would tell people to stop posting and then go see which snapshot matched the theme the best. Then in the morning they would post winner/new theme? Thats sounds about right?

Years
    I am usually up at 5 AM ET, but if you are up earlier than that and on PC, I really suggest you create the opening topic so that the daily themes can be changed faster. :P If not, then I can take care of them

As for the rules, they all look good, however.. maybe the one with citation of source should be removed because some scenes might be different sources, but are of the same thing.

As for the winner, I think we should decide those at the end (or maybe mid-way), but please do post whenever the theme has changed.

And the 500x500 resolution seems reasonable to me.. I was gonna think maybe 480x360 to fit 4:3 resolution, so is that alright with you?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years

Anime Snapshot Contest!
    Hi! Are you a Pokemon anime fan, or just an all around Pokemon fan in general? In this contest you'll try and find the best anime photo that best fits the daily theme!

We're going to be using themes related to the overall categories of General Anime, Past, and Present!

So.. how does this work?
    In the morning one of the two hosts (ZachLMedia or Lapras*) will post a theme and all of you need to find a picture from the Pokemon Anime that best matches our theme! (you don't have to take the picture yourself, but you can if you want!) All of the entires for the theme will be judged by the judges and then announced later!

Any rules?
    Why yes!
    * Don't post images larger than 500x500! *
    * Please no repeated pictures, sorry! *
    * No snaps from the banned episodes, please! *
    * Credit the source of your image, such as "Image from Serebii" *
    * Most importantly: no hotlinking! That means you can't just find the picture and use that link. You have to save the image to your computer and then either use an upload site and post the image here! *

Can I get a prize?
    Yes actually! Everyone gets an emblem for participating, and you'll get an emblem if you win, too!
    Participation:

Winning - Past, Present, General Anime:

Past themes/winners:
    NONE YET :)

Anime Snapshot Contest!
    Hi! Are you a Pokemon anime fan, or just an all around Pokemon fan in general? In this contest you'll try and find the best anime photo that best fits the daily theme!

We're going to be using themes related to the overall categories of General Anime, Past, and Present!

So.. how does this work?
    In the morning one of the two hosts (ZachLMedia or Lapras*) will post a theme and all of you need to find a picture from the Pokemon Anime that best matches our theme! (you don't have to take the picture yourself, but you can if you want!) All of the entires for the theme will be judged by the judges and then announced later!

Any rules?
    Why yes!
    * Most importantly: no hotlinking! That means you can't just find the picture and use that link. You have to save the image to your computer and then either use an upload site and post the image here! *

Can I get a prize?
    Yes actually! Everyone gets an emblem for participating, and you'll get an emblem if you win, too!
    Participation:

Past themes/winners:

Anime Snapshot Contest!

So.. how does this work?

Any rules?
    Why yes!

Can I get a prize?
    Participation:

Past themes/winners:

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Hi! :) I asked some other people what they thought and 3/4 (including you) total were in favor of #3, so is it alright if we go with that one? I'm not sure blue/blue works.

Years
    They were all too good, so whatever you think is good is all fine. :)

Anyways, one of the final decisions to ponder: who posts the topic? Should I do it or you?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Just adding in that after you've decided who's posting, feel free to post it in the main event forum. n_n

Years
    Just an fyi, but the following submissions do not follow the rules:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7350654&postcount=2
    Hotlinked URL; source not stated

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7350671&postcount=3
    Hotlinked URL; source not stated

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7351072&postcount=6
    Hotlinked URL (in fact, the image is not present in the post!)

I hope it's alright to log these here.. :\ I will update to day #2's theme tomorrow morning ;) I may also have to reiterate some of the rules

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Just posting to say that I am ready for judging! I've been following throughout the event and a lot of the entries are so amazing!

Back