• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Anime You're Currently Watching?

pkmin3033

I doubt it'll surprise anyone to learn that I'm rewatching Revolutionary Girl Utena right now, after about...eight years, maybe? It's been such a long time! I think the movie is much, much better, but I do like the series, and I've had such awful luck with picking new anime recently that rewatching something will do me good.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Completed:
    BUNGOU STRAY DOGS
    Kiznaiver
    Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?
    Assassination Classroom 2
    tanaka-kun wa itsumo kedaruge
    Boku no Hero Academia
    SUPER LOVERS
    Musaigen no Phantom World

Caught-up to:
    12-sai.: Chiccha na Mune no Tokimeki - Episode 10
    Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Episode 13
    Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou - Episode 12
    Koutetsujou no Kabaneri - Episode 11

This week I'll start catching up to /or completing:
    Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo R 2
    Sakamoto desu ga?
    Divine Gate
    Durarara!!x2 Ketsu
    GATE: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2
    Hai to Gensou no Grimgar

Was worried I wouldn't get things done by the time summer season start but i think i'll be fine xD

pkmin3033

My choices for this week are Kabaneri and Space Patrol Luluco...I just picked two out at random from my folders that I've been keeping up with this season. I'm enjoying the latter more than the former...I think I've had my fill of zombies for a while.

Also been rewatching Code Geass R2, which I've practically marathoned out of sheer boredom the last couple of days. When you're watching eight episodes in a single sitting of something you dislike, you know you've hit rock bottom. I don't get how I can simultaneously hate this show down to the core of my being yet be utterly entranced watching it. It makes no sense. Bloody Sunrise...it doesn't help that Crispin Freeman is at his absolute hammiest in this show.

All the stuff I want to watch - Gundam Build Fighters, Cross Ange, etc - is only half-done in dub, so I need to wait...it's bothersome.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    I'm stock watching Upotte! because its something that I should have seen years ago, and watching this is making me feel happy that things like this exist. The gun puns are too dang high!

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I'm about to start SKET Dance and catch up with Gintama! SKET Dance seems pretty cool so I'm excited to start watching it. I've also picked up Hyouka which seems okay so far, don't really know how I feel about it!

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
    Also been rewatching Code Geass R2, which I've practically marathoned out of sheer boredom the last couple of days. When you're watching eight episodes in a single sitting of something you dislike, you know you've hit rock bottom. I don't get how I can simultaneously hate this show down to the core of my being yet be utterly entranced watching it. It makes no sense. Bloody Sunrise...it doesn't help that Crispin Freeman is at his absolute hammiest in this show.

You...don't like Code Geass? How is that even possible?

pkmin3033

You...don't like Code Geass? How is that even possible?
    Lelouch and Suzaku. The latter especially, because he's a colossal hypocrite cast in a very morally white light and he's voiced by Yuri Lowenthal, who is the bane of my existence. Also, lots of nonsensical chess analogies...and the fantastic racism. Can't forget that.

...but Jeremiah Gottwald. When it comes to Crispin Freeman, loyalty trumps all.

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
    Suzaku's hypocrisy is a natural consequence of his stubbornness. And he has a past full of burdens, so his stubbornness is justified. He is also using it as a shield to be able to keep going and achieve his goal. It's just that his methods are disliked by the majority of viewers, and that's why most hate him. But the fact that he causes the viewers to feel such a passionate emotion as hate means that the character is doing his job perfectly as the antagonist.
    And I'm not really sure why you don't like Lelouch. My guess would be that you absolutely hate the anti hero protagonist, but that would hint your ideal protagonist would be your typical shōnen protagonist, the friendship trumps over all attitude.

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    Currently watching Sakamoto desu ga? and loving it. They nailed the effects and god everything in this show is perfect lmao. Lost my sides at the last episode (5), especially where he does that faceplant in to DIY clay.

Also kind of getting back in to anime now; having Re:Zero on the side (need to catch up again), and building a backlog again currently consisting of Food Wars and the anime Taboo Tattoo that started today. Since it looks pretty interesting.

Years
    I've watched the following since my last post here:

Shippuden 114 and 115
    Samurai Champloo 22 and 23
    Pokemon XY&Z 14 and 15
    DBZ Kai 74 and 75
    Gundam: IBO 2
    Naruto 213

And I'm not really sure why you don't like Lelouch. My guess would be that you absolutely hate the anti hero protagonist, but that would hint your ideal protagonist would be your typical shōnen protagonist, the friendship trumps over all attitude.

Let's not jump to conclusions on what people's favorite protagonist type is just because they don't like what I presume from context your personal favorite protagonist type, the anti-hero. I'm typically not fond of the anti-hero, myself (because it's frequently overdone too hard to the point of being an "Edgelord"), but that doesn't mean my preferred protagonist is the prototypical shonen protagonist. My favorite show type is shows in the vein of Non Non Biyori, meaning lighthearted stories about daily life, where the protagonists are just everyday people.

There's also nothing wrong with liking a prototypical shonen protagonist. They can be quite fun if one wants to sit back and not think about things.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Started a few new season ones, but haven't had a chance to watch a couple of the other ones I was planning:

Cheer Danshi!!
    DAYS
    orange
    SERVAMP
    SHOKUGEKI NO SOUMA: Ni no Sara
    HATSUKOI MONSTER

and finished ReLIFE.

Years
    I might get some flack for this since lots of people hate Sword Art, but I just started watching Sword Art Online 2 and I'm so hooked and loving it way more than the first one. That Deathgun is soooo cool to me. He literally got me addicted to this season. And those cliffhangers are the best I've seen so far in the series. I'm up to episode 11 so far, probably finish it tomorrow.

Years
    I picked up the Bananya short last night, after plowing through another round of episodes in my backlog the past two nights:

Gundam: IBO 3
    Hunter x Hunter 8 & 9
    Samurai Champloo 24
    Shippuden 116
    Pokemon XY&Z 16

Bananya promises to potentially be adorable, possibly a bit weird. It's only a 3 minute commitment per episode, so it's not a huge time sink and I'll probably stick with it until it ends.

Been watching Ouran Host Club -- not serious at all and fun ?

A pretty well-liked series all-around by most people I know who've seen it. The handful I know that don't like it, well... they're the type of people who need to have constant action and violence in a show and get bored if neither of those are there.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
    Since I just finished the heart breaking Toradora!
    I'm watching Clannad. I've heard a lot of good things about it so hopefully I'll enjoy it.

pkmin3033

Watching Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 again whenever I get a moment out of sheer boredom. I mean, it's a good show, and it's been at least five years since I last saw it, which is why I'm rewatching it, but eh.

Kabaneri is rather disappointing. Zombies and Japanese people on trains. Pretty sure I've seen this movie before.

Back