• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

any metal fans?

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
  • I listen to lots of metal. I won't go in depth into what bands I like, but it's mostly prog-metal or similar. Between the Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Pain of Salvation, Opeth, Dragonland, Adagio, and Sonata Arctica are pretty much my favorites.

I also love a lot of the old school black metal. I need to pick up that 'new' Burzum album Varg put out last year.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    So, I found these guys. Their style is similar to Asking Alexandria's Stand Up and Scream album, but these guys are really good.

Also, they're Australian; and we all know that Australians make some damn good music. ;)

Zephyn

Rainmaker
    Years
  • Here it is.

In no particular order, my favorite bands are:
    - Metallica
    - Megadeth
    - Disturbed
    - Slayer
    - Anthrax
    - AC/DC
    - KoRn
    - Linkin Park

Jason_F

Green Avenger
    Years
  • I enjoy most metal with the exception of some metalcore and "extreme genres", like Black Metal and such.

My favorite bands are:
    -Black Sabbath
    -Iron Maiden
    -Metallica
    -Megadeth
    -Slayer
    -Disturbed
    -Avenged Sevenfold
    -Judas Priest
    -Pantera
    -System of a Down
    -Tool

BryGuy Shinigami

Psychic Pokemon Prophet
    Years
  • Are there any Motionless In White fans here? They are a Gothic Metalcore band. I have their "Creatures" CD. Some of the popular, good songs on the album are: "Abigail", "London In Terror", and "Cobwebs". Other gothic bands I like are Virgin Black and Necromance (Both are Christian Gothic Metal bands) here is a good song by Necromance.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Are there any Motionless In White fans here? They are a Gothic Metalcore band. I have their "Creatures" CD. Some of the popular, good songs on the album are: "Abigail", "London In Terror", and "Cobwebs". Other gothic bands I like are Virgin Black and Necromance (Both are Christian Gothic Metal bands) here is a good song by Necromance.

That's my friend's favorite band. She's in the music video for Puppets. C: She also got a rib tattoo of the quote they used at the beginning of the Creatures music video. I saw them on the Fearless Friends Tour back in December. They were really good; they wore Christmas clothes and changed the name of their songs to a Christmas-y theme. XD

Coincidentally, that show was on my birthday and was the last day for that tour. I found out I share a birthday with a member from blessthefall.

Veil of Maya's new songs got leaked! I've been listening to the song, Punisher. It's such an amazing song, and there's a little funny...quote or something around 2:02. :D

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    OOOO i love metal, especially the older bands. Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, some Metallica and also Saxon and Manowar. Motorhead are also ok in small doses lol. :)

Currently listening to this actually;

BryGuy Shinigami

Psychic Pokemon Prophet
    Years
  • That's my friend's favorite band. She's in the music video for Puppets. C: She also got a rib tattoo of the quote they used at the beginning of the Creatures music video. I saw them on the Fearless Friends Tour back in December. They were really good; they wore Christmas clothes and changed the name of their songs to a Christmas-y theme. XD

Coincidentally, that show was on my birthday and was the last day for that tour. I found out I share a birthday with a member from blessthefall.

Veil of Maya's new songs got leaked! I've been listening to the song, Punisher. It's such an amazing song, and there's a little funny...quote or something around 2:02. :D

I was real close to seeing Motionless In White on the 11th, but missed it. I like how they added Gothic music into Metalcore. Their influences include a lot of bands I like, like: Bleeding Through (saw them live once), Slayer, White Zombie, The Misfits, and Marilyn Manson.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I just started listening to Scar Symmetry, and The Illusionist is probably my favorite song right now. Can't get enough of them.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2016
    Sorry for the (slight) necro, but....

I LOVE heavy metal. Especially the classics, but not limited to. (Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Dio, Metallica, Megadeth, etc....)

BTW: I don't listen to Slayer because I believe in God, and I'm already being branded a satanist by my peers, even though I am not.

Alec Empire

Are you ready to testify?
    Years
  • I indulge in Metal sometimes.
    I usually listen to a lot of Post-Metal, Industrial Metal and Grindcore.
    For Post-Metal, it's mostly Godflesh, SALEM, and Techno Animal.
    Most of the Industrial Metal that I listen to is Atari Teenage Riot, Mad Capsule Markets, Nine Inch Nails, Skinny Puppy, and Combichrist.
    And, most of the Grindcore that I listen to is Napalm Death, The Locust, Circle Takes the Square, The Polar Bear Club, and Circle of Dead Children.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I've been listening to Dream On, Dreamer for the past...I don't even know, several hours! I love these guys so much; their Hope EP is the best. <3 I seriously suggest you give these guys a listen. I like their full-length album, too, but their EP is just beautiful.

User19sq

Some bands I'm into are Megadeth, Iced Earth, Blind Guardian, Iron Maiden, Lacuna Coil, 3 Inches of Blood, Cradle of Filth, Children of Bodom, Demons & Wizards, HammerFall, and whatever metal stuff is found in Sonic games.

I used to be into Metallica, but I sorta stopped listening to them after their GH game came out. So if I do listen to them, it'd probably be something from their older albums.

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • Ooh, over here! I rarely listen to metal nowadays but when I do its modern (Amon Amarth, Children of Bodom, etc.) Still love the old stuff, though! :D

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Metal, Hm, yes I do. Want me to name a few? Ok, here you go.
    Pantera, Lamb of God, Megadeth, Five Finger Death Punch, Black Sabbath, Poisonwood (underground), All That Remains, Testament, DevilDriver, Trivium, Iron Maiden, Slayer, The Faceless, etc.

Pantera and Lamb of God are my favorite metal bands tho.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • Metal is my favourite, for one reason, I find it the funnest genre to play on the guitar :P
    Some fantastic bands that you should check out if you haven't are:
    In Flames
    Dark Tranquility
    As I didnt see them mention that often :P

Also even though they are more just progressive rock/metal
    TOOL
    is possibly my favourite band in the world.

Back