• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Any other adult players on here?

Years
    Are there any other adults playing Pokemon Diamond etc-not that I mind what age people are, just curious. My adult friend is bringing me a poxedex prima guide when she comes out here for her hols on the 2nd April, and I am tempted to tell her it is for hubbie's cousin!

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    It's not like you have to say it's for you, if you don't wanna tell her who it's for. Just thank her, and change the subject? xD Either way, I'm going to be 23 this year, currently replaying Platinum, and I'm still as big of a fan as ever. Our oldest member here is in her 70's, actually, and she's pretty hardcore into Pokemon.

The game is made for entertainment purposes, and entertainment has no age limit. Just because someone is older than 15, it doesn't mean they can't still enjoy Pokemon. :3

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2012
    I'm 19 and still play, if that counts as an adult. I actually walk around with my pokewalker on on campus and I got my 21 year old girlfriend hooked. =) I don't see my pokemon obsession leaving too soon

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
    I'm 25 and I love the Pokemon games. My girlfriend is fond of Pokemon as well. Also, both my semi-ex-roommates play Pokemon, and I got them into both Pokemon Diamond and Pearl.

SkySage2k9

Skymin Sage / Greeter
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2012
    *is 22 and has played since Blue X3* <begin rant>*is also upset, because he missed the recent plat events... pads off wondering if he could do a "With Friends" Wonder card exchange... Otherwise, I dunno why that option would be available for Mystery Gift </rant>* Me either... As long as they keep making awesome games, I'll keep playing, even in my 60s and 70s X3

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
    Years
    I'm 20 and have been playing the games since they first came out in the 90's, and they're still my favorite video games.

Years
    Turned 19 late last year, so I guess by title I am an adult. I've enjoyed playing the game since Blue. Stopped watching the show when they introduced May and Max, but I've never gotten away from the hand-held games of Pokemon.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i just turned 19 on the 7th. i have played the games since the very beginning, r/b/y, and i own most of the games and have never stopped liking pokemon.

Madam Cheezy

Imakuni Trainee
    Years
    Squee~!

And here I was, thinking I was this semi-pedophile at almost 27, ranting on about how cool certain pokemon were, and never missing a night of playing. *sniff*

It kind of sucks, though. Anyone I know could care less about pokemon, and when I tell them that I've been playing since I was 16, and I even went to the movies when they were in theaters and everything, they kind of treat it (and me) like an illness, sorta.

I need 'help'....lol....

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    Im 19 (if it counts as an adult) and i play mah pokiemanz. Im pretty open about it but i dont like make it a big deal in real life, i mean literally i had an ex gf of two years even play pokemon battle revolution random wifi matches with me, i told her what move to pick while she held the wii mote lol.

I never really understood why some people got embarassed telling others they play/love pokemon because hell if someone asks me you'd be surprised as i said "of course i do, you know who swampert is? Well he's like my fav. pokemon out there, here ill show you what he looks like he's a straight up BEAST" lol im also the kind of person who doesn't even look like they would be into pokemon...I mean heck, im being trained to become an amateur MMA(mixed martial arts) fighter, and i play and love pokemon. Who would have thought?? lol

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Our oldest member here is in her 70's, actually, and she's pretty hardcore into Pokemon.

Dang! I know some pretty old people play pokemon, but once again: Dang! I wonder if I will be that old and still play pokemon..... by then they will probably have over 10,000!

But as this guy said, you shouldn't be embarrassed to let people know you play pokemon. Do you really think everyone you know would judge you that harshly just for liking a game?

Years
    I don't know anyone who would judge me harshly, but I know several who would laugh at me! Thankfully, one of those people is not my hubbie-he's just happy if I'm happy, and doesnt mind all the different things I do, thankgoodness-phew! other wise I would have to sit in the cupboard, with the baby com and play pokemon!

Back