• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone else feel this way?

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    I have been feeling depressed the past few weeks. I used to have a drive to do well, but now I dont even care. I have been low energy and not caring. I rarely smile it seems. People have noticed my "change" in attitude, but idk how to fix it. Im just not confident in myself. Not confident in anything i do or who I am. And I just dont care. My grades aren't what they used to be- or my work ethic. I dont even want to hang out with friends anymore. I know my "depression" isn't as bad as other people, but my parents are trying to find me a counselor. Its hard to talk about, so this is my only way of letting it out so to speak. I dont get emotional very easily, but im nearly in tears.

Has anyone else had this issue? How did you deal with it? What did you do? Is anyone feeling the same way as me?

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    Spoiler:

jfc guys

Adrasteia

[font=Comic Sans][/font]
    Years
    I have been feeling depressed the past few weeks. I used to have a drive to do well, but now I dont even care. I have been low energy and not caring. I rarely smile it seems. People have noticed my "change" in attitude, but idk how to fix it. Im just not confident in myself. Not confident in anything i do or who I am. And I just dont care. My grades aren't what they used to be- or my work ethic. I dont even want to hang out with friends anymore. I know my "depression" isn't as bad as other people, but my parents are trying to find me a counselor. Its hard to talk about, so this is my only way of letting it out so to speak. I dont get emotional very easily, but im nearly in tears.

Has anyone else had this issue? How did you deal with it? What did you do? Is anyone feeling the same way as me?

Hiya, lots of people go through a phase or phases or depression I have them quite often and talking helps me, getting another persons perspective on your issues or anxietys can help, make them seem less overbearing or all consuming.
    Though if you feel there's no reason for your depression it could be as simple as a hormonal imbalance and seeing a doctor to get medication can help a lot, it's no fun needing pills but the stigma about mental issues is lessening.
    Oh and you shouldn't compare your depression to someone else it's how you feel that matters not how it's rated compared to others.
    Ignor the stupid Broh thing -_-'>>>>>

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    ok you guys can come back to this thread now there's no more brohs

Last edited:

xVaporeonx

Catwoman
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2016
    A lot of people go through this, specially in the teen years. I know I did. I stayed longer in that rut than I should have and developed anxiety and panic attacks from it. I wish I could go back and change some things, not care as much about the dumb stuff, love myself more, ect. Trust me on this one, since I am assuming you are young, when you get into your mid to late 20's you will look back and think "Was I really that stupid?" the answer will be yes. But you will smile. I been through some bad times, I even used to cut myself as a teen (sorry if tmi) and I am not ashamed to admit it because it was who I once was and it made me who I am today.

If you want help now, I recommend avoiding caffeine, drugs, alcohol (if you use any of that stuff) and taking up a new hobby. You can give maca root a try (it is great for balancing the mood and snapped me out of some pretty scary times). Also, if you can afford it... Go to a chiropractor. A lot of times stress and depression are far worse when you have tension built up in your neck or back.

Years
    I kind of one time like loose myself to depression. I just not getting good marks , going tuition everyday , scold by teachers and parent for bad grades, I just can't take this anymore. So how I get out of it:............it's simple one word answer "Friends". What are friends really for, they are friends of us because they help us and stand alongside us.They help us to choose right and wrong .

I just go a 5 days trip with some of my friends and come back as a fully new confident Goldy.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    Oh and you shouldn't compare your depression to someone else it's how you feel that matters not how it's rated compared to others. >

I agree with Adrasteia.

Listen, I know my ideas will be descriminated and a lot won't be comfortable with that, But I am the kind who think your toughts can be changes, not really changed but ignored. Befre you throw me rocks (like in a safari zone) I do not said it is easy and that everybody will achieved it the same way as the others! E

Everybody is different, so do not compare the way you heal with others, because it is never the same.

Maybe try to find a new hobby? Or like Desinishon said, friends an help. But choose your friends carefully :)

If after a while you tried some things and it didn't work, don't be afraid to ask for help. Never be afraid to ask for help. Maybe you have a teacher, a family member or else. There is psychologist and if you aren't comfortable with one, don't be afraid to change. Sometime you can click well with one, and not at all with another.

I saw a psychologist, two years (school years --> psychologist offer by the University). I know a lot of people who sis this too. It is more common that you think. And sometime, like my experience, you don't always exit from there with medications. Sometime, just to have someone who's neutral to talk to and let you go can help. They can give you advises for the future, etc.

I think that sometime, feelings like that can be signs of a need of change. Don't be afraid to try things :) Just be careful, okay? And remember, don't be afraid to ask for help, and don't give up. I don't say it is easy nor you'll see results quickly, but be patient. It goes better.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    You can give maca root a try (it is great for balancing the mood and snapped me out of some pretty scary times).

you're not wrong, but i should probably give a fair warning about herbs to people who read this in case anyone takes your advice.

if your depression is not chronic and/or caused by an organic imbalance of chemicals in your brain, herbs like maca root can be a good alternative to prescribed drugs. however, if your depression is chronic, you should seek out a psychiatrist for further assistance. taking herbs with chronic depression can have very bad side effects, possibly furthering your depression, causing suicidal thoughts if they aren't already present, and/or worsening them. be careful, and if in doubt, ask a medical professional.

for reference, chronic depression is defined as lasting at least two years and being present most days.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    Painting can be fun too, if you want to do abstract and let yourself go (that's just an idea, maybe it can help :P )

Painting is fun and I painted in an art class last year. My mom loves painting, so I do have a lot of paint. The only issue is finding the time. Drawing is a bit easier to do and I want to get better at it anyways.

Thank you all for the help.

xVaporeonx

Catwoman
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2016
    you're not wrong, but i should probably give a fair warning about herbs to people who read this in case anyone takes your advice.

if your depression is not chronic and/or caused by an organic imbalance of chemicals in your brain, herbs like maca root can be a good alternative to prescribed drugs. however, if your depression is chronic, you should seek out a psychiatrist for further assistance. taking herbs with chronic depression can have very bad side effects, possibly furthering your depression, causing suicidal thoughts if they aren't already present, and/or worsening them. be careful, and if in doubt, ask a medical professional.

for reference, chronic depression is defined as lasting at least two years and being present most days.

You are more likely to get suicidal thoughts from anti-depressants than food based supplements. Maca is a radish and maca root is the root in powder form. The only people to get bad effects would be someone allergic to them. I get why you gave the warning but you have t be more worried about synthetic drugs than food based supplements. A special was on TV a few years back about families who lost their loved ones to anti-depressants. It was sad.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    You are more likely to get suicidal thoughts from anti-depressants than food based supplements. Maca is a radish and maca root is the root in powder form. The only people to get bad effects would be someone allergic to them. I get why you gave the warning but you have t be more worried about synthetic drugs than food based supplements. A special was on TV a few years back about families who lost their loved ones to anti-depressants. It was sad.

anti-depressants do not typically give suicidal thoughts if prescribed correctly and if the person was diagnosed correctly. the latter is a huge one.

if you have an imbalance of chemicals in your brain, taking something to alter that whether it be natural or not, could in fact cause another imbalance.. which creates worsened suicidal thoughts. maca is an herbal treatment and should be taken with as much caution as something prescribed-- there's a reason the containers say to ask a doctor before use.

sometimes depression can be caused or perpetuated by a lack of nutrition, so yeah, if you take maca daily for at least a month you're likely to see a boost to mood and energy. but it's not a treatment that should be recommended to everyone, because depression has many intricacies and categories. you watched a TV show out of context about people who are dead and cannot speak for themselves. i'd really appreciate if you and television didn't insist that the anti-depressants are all to blame for their deaths.

Last edited:
    Back