• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] Anything about the game you didn't like and would improve?

bez850

Professional Amateur
Years
    • Seen May 22, 2023
    Clarity. I guess it's just because of my nature, but there was no real clarity on how the player gets there, how do they get back, why does he have no memories or mention of where he's from, it was just kind of almost random to me.

With that being said, I may have missed a bunch focusing on the dex and just having fun in the game.

I assume, as with most pokemon games, there is a lot left out on purpose for the fans to interpret.

So other than that, I personally wouldn't change anything with this installment. I'm sure the next legends title will have even more instore! Hopefully!

Years
    • Seen today
    Give some more life to the wild Pokémon and interaction with the environment. They just feel like they're allways there doing nothing besides walking around or sleeping.

Abilities. I don't think outright removing them was a good idea, they should have keep them, even if only the more simple ones. Certain Pokémon with mediocre stats have really nothing to offer without their Abilities and get easily outclassed in every way.

Make items more relevant. For the most part, I had the feeling that my bag was filled with lots of different items I never actually had any need to use.

Add options for sorting "Boxed" Pokémon (Pokémon Go has this), especially for a game that encourages catching the same species multiple times.

Years
  • I'd reduce a decent chunk of the research tasks their upper limits.
    Like, you need to find way too many rare mons from shaking trees. Seeing Magikarp Splash for 100 times is also no fun, but actually not even the worst move related task =P

An in-game hint for how to do the Manaphy request. I had to look up how to do it.
    Some more variety in requests. Most of them are pretty similar in essence.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Having watched a playthrough of this game, I was not keen on the whole "forced time travel" aspect from the get-go. With the amount of plot holes that causes in the canon timeline, I think the story of this game would have been better if it had been a straightforward period piece featuring the player character being a foreigner to the region who came to work for the Galaxy Team, and maybe rooting out the corruption from within it. And I know this game was meant to be darker and edgier, but the shade that some of the characters throw at the player character for being an outsider went way over the edge sometimes - yes, including that scene near the end.

That leaves us with the question of Ingo, because it was the aforementioned "forced time travel" aspect that made me like him. Well, I'll keep him a temporal Faller but have Emmet be spirited away with him too, so that the player character has a chance to reunite the twins at some point in the post-game and not leave the game with a massive downer of an ending for them both. I would have also given Ingo a Hisuian Typhlosion; not giving him a Pokémon with the same typing as his missing ace Chandelure was a huge missed opportunity, and not giving him any Ghost-types at all considering how much it would suit his new appearance was an even bigger one.

pkmin3033

Literally everything except for the catching mechanics, honestly. PLA was a great game made extremely badly, with far too many unnecessary systems that only served to weigh down and outright hinder the enjoyment that could be gained from exploration and catching Pokemon.

To name a few things:

- Crafting was unbalanced and counter-productive for anything that wasn't a basic level Pokeball, and needed to be designed properly so that resource gathering was more efficient - I do NOT want to watch the same animation over and over, thank you - and worthwhile.
    - Fall damage just needs to be outright removed because that has no practical purpose or place in the game other than to annoy.
    - There needs to be some kind of metric put into the game so you won't be chased by a level 4 Shinx or Bidoof across half the map when you're packing a team of Pokemon in their late 80s. It's fine to start with, but progression is a thing that needs to be acknowledged.
    - Battles and levels need to be re-balanced so that they're not utterly random and unfairly stacked against the player. Sure, if you get into a battle against a horde in the wild, that's your mess to sort out, but having trainers use two Pokemon at a time and limiting you to one? That's just bad design. Levels also need to have more meaning than just the moves you can use.
    - Please, for the love of Arceus, hire people who know how to build a game properly so it doesn't run like crap and look even worse. I don't really care about visuals and framerates and all the rest but I at least want something functional.
    - Hiring someone who can write a story would be a good idea too. It also shouldn't be entirely placed in the postgame, forcing you to play through the entire game before getting any narrative context. This isn't bloody Monster Hunter.
    - Sidequest variety, for crying out loud. This is a problem with a lot of JRPGs, but at the same time, I'd call them out for having a bunch of meaningless filler crap in them too. More quests that enhance the narrative and worldbuilding - like the quests in Xenoblade, basically - would be better than just "go and find 108 spirits that we're not going to mark on the map" and "go and fetch me this Pokemon" etc. Put some thought into it.
    - More to do on the map. This could tie in with the sidequest variety, but the only difference between PLA's areas and SnS' wild area was that PLA didn't have the obnoxious glowing red pillars that signaled raid battles and had a few different modes of traversal. It was still a bunch of empty space with a few Pokemon scattered about. Travel time is not playing the game, it's a glorified walking simulator. Condense it down, or fill it out. Don't just make space and leave it at that, we moved past (or should have most past) the empty open world design with Shadow of the Colossus.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Would like it if they didn't list each color version of a piece of clothing as a separate entry in the clothing store list. It's been 9 years since XY and we're still using the exact same display system. Could also use for the boss battles to be done better. The first 2 are a little braindead and then the 4th or so and beyond are like "yeah they didn't playtest this worth a shit lol". Then there's the Pokemon that basically only appear via shaking trees, and fuck that. Took me forever to get the last Combee in that honey quest, took ages to get a single Cherrim, and I was so fed up with trying to get a Cherubi that I imported one from SwSh, and this is a game where capturing Pokemon and completing the Dex is the core thing.

That and I'd have liked an answer to why Arceus brought us to Hisui. idk if maybe it's just me and I missed something or didn't get it, but I was a little disappointed after beating goat lord and it not explaining why it yanked someone one or two centuries into the past.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • The move tutor randomly disappears after you get expelled from the village then return after doing the required tasks.

First playthrough, I already did almost every change I needed to my team's movesets so it wasn't a big deal, but this time, I completely forgot about it, and I wanted to give a replacement I planned coverage, which I could have done before the event I got kicked out but for some reason fucking did not the first time. I don't know what I was thinking, and now the team has less coverage.

Back