• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • So I still need help with regional dex issue.

Here are examples of what i've done so far-

townmap.txt said:
    [0]
    Name=Mirroh
    Filename=Map.png
    Point=1,19,"Maplebranch Town",,1,35,15,
    Point=1,17,"Honeydew Town",,25,25,24,
    Point=1,18,"Route 231",,,,,
    Point=2,17,"Route 232",,,,,
    Point=3,16,"Serenity Woods",,,,,
    Point=3,17,"Brendan's House",,33,26,19,
    That's the townmap txt for my region map so far.

pokemon.txt said:
    [1]
    Name=BULBASAUR
    InternalName=BULBASAUR
    Kind=SEED
    RegionalNumbers=0

[509]
    Name=SUCOIR
    InternalName=SUCOIR
    Kind=Fierce Ant
    RegionalNumbers=19

And those are examples from my Pokemon file.

What else do I need to do to get a regional dex working?

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
    Years
  • Hi hi.. I got a few (probably nooby :( ) questions...
    1) How would I make a Battle Factory? Would I have to make a whole entire new script section? Or maybe have the Lab Lady take away your pokes, (similar to bug catching contests) and then make it with a lot of random choices, you given 6 to choose from? x_X

2) How do I make it where during trades, the in-game trainer you're trading with's pokemon is holding an item? Like when you trade a spearow for a farfetch'd, and that farfetch'd has a stick already equipped to it? (or, getting down to the point, letting that trainer's electabuzz already be holding an electrizer so you get electivire)

3) How do I make a PokeGear calling event, or more accurately, registering Mom and Prof Elm, but in a way where they don't have random trainer messages but rather the "Omg help, a 10 year old child broke into the lab and stole a pokemon despite the fact the place was being watched over by two grown men over the age of 30. O_O"

I don't really intend to be pessimistic, but will someone please answer at least one of my questions. x_X

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Error:
    Undefined value OVERGROW in PBAbilities
    File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 1, key Abilities
    OVERGROW
    WTF!

You're asking what is wrong, right? Well to me it looks like OVERGROW is not a move in your moves.txt PBS file

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Poccil, it is possible for people playing compiled (and encrypted) releases of games using the Essentials kit to access the Pokemon Debug Menu. Here is how to do it:

1) Go to the Bill's PC in any Pokemon Center.
    2) Go to move Pokemon.
    3) Click on any Pokemon.
    4) Choose Cancel.

After you choose Cancel, the Debug Menu appears automatically. It has the following options:

Set Level
    Set Species
    Set Gender
    Set Nature
    Teach moves
    Duplicate
    Cancel

Hopefully you will provide a fix in the near future ;)

PS: I wanted to send this in a PM, but your Inbox is full.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Poccil, it is possible for people playing compiled (and encrypted) releases of games using the Essentials kit to access the Pokemon Debug Menu. Here is how to do it:

1) Go to the Bill's PC in any Pokemon Center.
    2) Go to move Pokemon.
    3) Click on any Pokemon.
    4) Choose Cancel.

After you choose Cancel, the Debug Menu appears automatically. It has the following options:

Set Level
    Set Species
    Set Gender
    Set Nature
    Teach moves
    Duplicate
    Cancel

Hopefully you will provide a fix in the near future ;)

PS: I wanted to send this in a PM, but your Inbox is full.

Haha, that's quite a bug :P

Anyway, I don't think poccil is updating the kit any more (at least not for a while); the last release was in February. I'll work on a fix instead.

EDIT: The fix is quite simple. After line 616 in PokemonStorage, which should be:
    Code:
    when 6
    add:
    Code:
    if $DEBUG
    Then, duplicate line 904, which should be:
    Code:
    end
    This should fix the bug.

Last edited:
    Years
  • So I still need help with regional dex issue.

townmap.txt said:
    [0]
    Name=Mirroh
    Filename=Map.png
    Point=1,19,"Maplebranch Town",,1,35,15,
    Point=1,17,"Honeydew Town",,25,25,24,
    Point=1,18,"Route 231",,,,,
    Point=2,17,"Route 232",,,,,
    Point=3,16,"Serenity Woods",,,,,
    Point=3,17,"Brendan's House",,33,26,19,

[B]pokemon.txt[/B] said:
    [1]
    Name=BULBASAUR
    InternalName=BULBASAUR
    Kind=SEED
    RegionalNumbers=0

[509]
    Name=SUCOIR
    InternalName=SUCOIR
    Kind=Fierce Ant
    RegionalNumbers=19

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    So I still need help with regional dex issue.

You need to set each map's map position in the metadata. It's nothing to do with townmap.txt. After that, it should work.

nmorr

Takin a brake. -_-
    Years
  • Poccil, whenever I sprite something using paint, it show the back ground image, which I don't want it to, and I put it in as a PNG file.

PLEASE! HELP!!

s0v

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2009
    OK, I may be missing something...

but when I press on the link to 'Pokemon Essentials' in your sig, Poccil, the webpage comes up. On this webpage I can only click on the links on the left hand side of the page and very few on the right. I can't click on the download link, making it impossible to download. Is there anyway I can get it?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • @nmorr: All you have to do while importing the images into RMXP is to select the transparency colour.

@s0v: The link to the download should work perfectly. Click here to download.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2010
    Hope can help me, my English is bad, but I hope my understanding is
    trouble. When I add a Partner in the battle against coaches
    works well, but in the battles against wild Pokemon, Partner
    can't send to your second pokemon, and if all my Pokemon are fainted, the
    battle is never over. He also tried to just putting only one Pokemon to
    Partner, but still lost against wild Pokemon, the
    battle never ends.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    How do you change the text shadow on the battle H.U.D.? I'm pretty useless at scripting, so I couldn't figure it out. :'(

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
    Years

Sorry for the double post...I don't understand how to make connected maps

Run the Editor.exe, and then select "Visual Editor". It's on the main folder, where the Game.exe is.
    Press F5(it tells you there) and then you'll see instructions or help, whatever you wanna call it. Once the maps are on the screen, just drag the maps in order to make the connections.

I hope you to understand, my english is poor, i can't explain myself better.

~PokeJosh~

Pimpatune
    Years
  • Ok...I have been editing the scripts for various things ever since I changed the resolution to DS size, and I have been having trouble finding where some things are located in the scripts. I haven't looked at every script, but help would be nice as I am busy editing and importing all 493 pokemon sprites and editing the PBS pokemon.txt file accordingly. I don't know where to find the script that manages the scene in the beginning where you enter in your name, and It desperately needs attention. Also, I wondered if anyone has added all the pockets in the bag from DPPt, and if so, I wondered if that person would be willing to give me the script for it, with credit of course. Thanks for helping, it would mean a lot.

And I just though of something else. Is there a way to make a new option in the visual editor that only incorporates running? Hence, running inside buildings would be possible without setting it to outdoor and making the tints change? That would be amazing if some one could help with that.

AND...sorry I just thought of something again.
    How do you change the placement of the circle of light inside any dark cave so that it is centered on the DS size screen?

-PokeJosh

PS Does anyone have a problem with the PokeDex's search engine? I have been having a few glitches.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back