• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
  • Has nobody else noticed that the animated Pokemon script breaks the summary and Pokedex screens?

The summary screen is easy to fix.

You'll want to do this step in PokemonSummary as well.

As for the Pokedex screen, I don't know how to make that work properly right off. It checks the battlers folder and not the frames, but I'd rather not have a THIRD copy of every pokemon sprite in the battlers golder, as I want to try to conserve as much space as possible.

Basically, anywhere that it shows a sprite via script, you'll have to replace all of them.

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
    Years
  • It is bizarre. Has there been any modifications to the DependentEvents script? Also, it should be possible to remove the option to make the partner leave when indoors, but it's somewhat awkward. I can somewhat fix the issue with dismissing the partner in their original map (I don't think the method I'm using is the best), so the partner does stay behind wherever you leave them, but they become passable and can't be interacted with (until you leave and return).

my dependentevents script is the same as it always has been. ugh this is insanely bizarre, especially since it's the only one of my dependent events that does it;;

--although, I just had a thought. I'm not sure the other dependent events I tested this with were also partner trainers, hmmm. okay no, just tried with a partner trainer, and it totally doesn't break that way either. I honestly have no idea, now. there is absolutely nothing different going onnn >:(

yeahh I might just give up on the dismissing partners thing if there doesn't seem to be a simple fix. it's not really that big a deal imo, and I really need to get working on the next segment of plot.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017

my dependentevents script is the same as it always has been. ugh this is insanely bizarre, especially since it's the only one of my dependent events that does it;;

--although, I just had a thought. I'm not sure the other dependent events I tested this with were also partner trainers, hmmm. okay no, just tried with a partner trainer, and it totally doesn't break that way either. I honestly have no idea, now. there is absolutely nothing different going onnn >:(

yeahh I might just give up on the dismissing partners thing if there doesn't seem to be a simple fix. it's not really that big a deal imo, and I really need to get working on the next segment of plot.
    If the others don't break, then I can only suggest remaking that dependent event real quick and seeing if that fixes it. I think we had a similar problem like this before, where a portion of code wasn't working, then you copy/pasted it and the problem was fixed. Essentials does that.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2010
    Sorry, but anyone know to fix this error, i don´t know why there, I would be grateful.

Code:
    Exception: NameError
    PBTypes:23:in `getName'
    PokeBattle_ActualScene*:336:in `refresh'
    PokeBattle_ActualScene*:240:in `battler='
    PokeBattle_ActualScene*:2003:in `pbFightMenu'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2406:in `pbCommandPhase'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2400:in `loop'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2455:in `pbCommandPhase'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2389:in `each'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2389:in `pbCommandPhase'
    PokeBattle_Battle:724:in `pbStartBattleCore'

Thanks

Jefelin

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    Can someone please help with this error?

---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: TypeError
    PokemonScreen:538:in `se_play'
    PokemonScreen:538:in `pbShowCommands'
    PokemonScreen:1284:in `pbPokemonScreen'
    PokemonScreen:1235:in `loop'
    PokemonScreen:1482:in `pbPokemonScreen'
    PokemonMenu:155:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
    PokemonMenu:154:in `pbFadeOutIn'
    PokemonMenu:154:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
    PokemonMenu:139:in `loop'
    PokemonMenu:238:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

This exception was logged in ./errorlog.txt.
    Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    @Jefelin & PokemonOI: a little more info would be helpful in solving your problems. Errors usually don't make sense outside of their proper context, so things like when the error occurs, changes that coincide with the timing of the error, etc., are needed to figure it out.

On another note, I'm looking for a way to pause and unpause the bgm (I know how easy that sounds). I know that those commands exist, however I want to use them in a new class and don't want to have to redefine them in that class (especially since some of the commands require others to function, so I can't just copy/paste 2 or 3). Does RMXP have any default commands to fade out the bgm, save the position it was playing at, and restore it later? It can be done with events, so I'm assuming something similar should be possible with a script. The main point is that I can stop and restart the bgm, but I actually want it to continue instead of restarting. What I want is in AudioUtilities and Scene_Map, but I'm trying to keep the script as a stand-alone, keeping the functions it needs within itself.

Last edited:

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
    Years
  • rewrote the event (and made it neater), the error is gone. sigh.

note to self: remember essentials is fickle like this, and if you find a bizarre error, just rewrite that bit of code/event. it will save you a headache or two!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    On another note, I'm looking for a way to pause and unpause the bgm (I know how easy that sounds). I know that those commands exist, however I want to use them in a new class and don't want to have to redefine them in that class (especially since some of the commands require others to function, so I can't just copy/paste 2 or 3). Does RMXP have any default commands to fade out the bgm, save the position it was playing at, and restore it later? It can be done with events, so I'm assuming something similar should be possible with a script. The main point is that I can stop and restart the bgm, but I actually want it to continue instead of restarting. What I want is in AudioUtilities and Scene_Map, but I'm trying to keep the script as a stand-alone, keeping the functions it needs within itself.

RMXP doesn't have this feature as far as I know. Poccil's custom Audio.dll file can do it, but might be a bit buggy.

EDIT: The event editor's 'Resume BGM' command starts the memorised BGM from the beginning, not the point where it stopped.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2010
    Okay, so you will see this error when I select the command to attack in combat, and despite leaving the game does not close. Box appears to affect the types and quantities of attack (the small, right) and also seems to be that involved the constants file (in data folder) and the editor.
    What is the role of the constants file and why it only affects?

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Whoa I think it should be good, I just first time using RPG Maker XP....

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    RMXP doesn't have this feature as far as I know. Poccil's custom Audio.dll file can do it, but might be a bit buggy.

EDIT: The event editor's 'Resume BGM' command starts the memorised BGM from the beginning, not the point where it stopped.
    That event command is surprisingly less useful than I though. I'll just see about using the ones added into essentials then. Thanks.

@Vociferocity: Glad it worked. Of course, no matter how much you try to look out for it in the future, it is likely to happen again... It's worse when it makes you think it was something you did when it was just essentials throwing a wrench at it, and then you start re-doing stuff and it gets messier.

@Jefelin: Were you customizing the battle scripts? Something (probably small) may have got lost in editing, or a variable or method is being used/changed somewhere that it is not defined or passed to. Do you mark changes you make? Your best bet may be to get an unedited version of that script and put in your edits one at a time (or as many as are required to function properly) until you either finish and it works, or you find which one caused the error. If you haven't made any changes, then just put in the unedited script and ignore editing.

@Lims: It is good. You just need a lot of patience.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2010
    The problem is that this only happens if I open the Editor, but no, but once you get this error then leaves forever.
    I think the problem comes because once experimented with the Editor, I tried to put a new Editor (with all its files) to a previous version, namely 2008, and since then if I open the editor after I get this error, a solution I've found is to replace the Constants file I had before this and resolved, but when I open the editor the problem goes away again, god I'm lost.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    The problem is that this only happens if I open the Editor, but no, but once you get this error then leaves forever.
    I think the problem comes because once experimented with the Editor, I tried to put a new Editor (with all its files) to a previous version, namely 2008, and since then if I open the editor after I get this error, a solution I've found is to replace the Constants file I had before this and resolved, but when I open the editor the problem goes away again, god I'm lost.
    That would explain it. What did you need the 08 editor for exactly? You may have been better off just using that whole kit, especially if Poccil updated the editor scripts in the newer kits (which I'm sure he did). So the problem is that you probably have an editor that was designed to work with an older script, and things got moved around/redefined/removed so the one you have now can't function since it's incompatible. You might be better off upgrading to a new kit and moving your stuff over, unless you know which version you have and can find someone who will give you their editor + related files.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2010
    Please can someone help me? every time i try adding an item even with the debug menu i get this error:
    Exception: RuntimeError
    Message: Script error within event 2, map 47 (Coulfer Town):
    Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: Section089:761:in `pbStoreItem'undefined method `<' for nil:NilClass
    ***Full script:
    Kernel.pbItemBall(::PBItems::TOWNMAP)
    Interpreter:239:in `pbExecuteScript'
    PokemonField:1655:in `pbItemBall'
    (eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:785:in `eval'
    Interpreter:239:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:785:in `command_111'
    Interpreter:318:in `execute_command'
    Interpreter:191:in `update'
    Interpreter:104:in `loop'
    Interpreter:196:in `update'
    Interpreter:274:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:785:in `command_111'
    Interpreter:318:in `execute_command'
    Interpreter:191:in `update'
    Interpreter:104:in `loop'
    Interpreter:196:in `update'
    Scene_Map:96:in `update'
    Scene_Map:94:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:107:in `update'
    Scene_Map:63:in `main'

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I need help with this problem:
    What's up?
    Hey, did anybody figure out how to make the May 7th release less laggy? There're scripts I need but I can't use them on my game because there's more than copy and pasting on that.
    I tried to move my project to May 7th but... it's too laggy.
    If I use the EditorScripts from May 7th, a lot of trouble happens: the types match-ups mess... Petal Dance is super effective against Charizard(even though being Fire/Flying) and BubbleBeam is TOTALLY ignored(neither uneffective nor normally effective nor super effective... just ignored).
    I think it's because the May 7th's compiler, since is different from the Nov I-don't-know-what-day release.

Any news on XP time String error?

Maruno says that aren't better Pokémon Essentials version, but more stable. What is the more stable?

How I know the last update of Essetials if Poccil doens't update the String "May 7" any more without download it every day?

Waiting a pbs Pokédex with new pokés.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back