• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are there any games you're really bad at?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen today
    Yes, I can't stand anything that's a First Person Shooter because I can't see what's around me when playing and it makes me nervous. I HATE not being able to see. Portal 1 and 2 are the only FPS games I am good at.

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
    Years
  • Any console-only FPS or TPS. I cannot aim with a controller to save my life.

(This doesn't apply to PC shooters where I can aim with the mouse; I'm quite good at that, though I'm still somewhat new to the genre.)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Platformers... there are some I am maaaybe mediocre at and that's literally the best I ever get. @_@ I get super frustrated easily with them, too, so it's hard to improve and I don't even want to. I just don't even buy them anymore and I'm much happier than when I tried to force myself to be good at them.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Puzzle games, perhaps? Fluctuates between "effortless" and "brute-forcing everything for fifteen minutes". Reflects disinterest sometimes too.

Could probably cite shooters. Tends not to play them. Says the same for battle royale games or MOBAs. Probably played Pac Man longer than those latter two genres put together. (Has not played much Pac Man.)

For a specific game, maybe Kid Icarus: Uprising? Struggled with the camera in any land section. Remapped buttons with limited success. Hurt to play within fifteen minutes too. Never made sense to improve (or finish).

Last edited:
    Days
  • i stink at Half Life. i always manage to run out of ammo at the worst possible time

But i don't like most shooters anyway so i don't mind being bad at the game.

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • Racing and RTS (Real Time Strategies) seem to be my weaknesses, but those kinds of games pale in comparison to Alien Hominid which I tried years ago. Maybe the original Flash copy with the keyboard and not the later PS2 port and I sucked badly at it for 10 minutes due to the controls or Contra-like gameplay. So badly, I couldn't speak of it.

Last edited:

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • FPS games, I have bad aim and get nervous, which leads to feeling insecure very quickly.
    Any kind of MOBA, I'm very inexperienced and fold very easily to the idea someone could call out my lack of skill with toxic behaviour.
    Fighting games, getting locked in a combo is incredibly discouraging and I'm not willing to put in the time to learn combos or moves myself with how precise everything is. If I feel like a game requires me to know the frame data of every attack I use/get hit by it doesn't matter how many cute girls are in it, I can't play it.
    And tactical/strategy RPGs, I'm not great at planning any kind of move ahead of time, tend to just do everything on reflex, and all of the different things I feel I have to memorize can feel daunting if I'm not already a veteran of those kinds of games.

BWZ

Days
    • Seen today
    Mostly FPS games. I can't properly aim to save my life. That's why the only fps games I play are fast FPS like Doom

I also suck at RTS, despite growing up with a lot of those when I was little. I want to be better at those though, I like the genre, unlike FPS games

Descendng

actual real Sableye. trust me.
    Years
  • I am TERRIBLE at fighting games. sometimes I enjoy playing stuff like Tekken or Mortal Kombat if I'm over at a friend's place or something, but I rarely win, if ever. cannot remember combos or anything of the sort for some reason, it's honestly kinda funny.

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • I just remembered something I tried in 2020 (haha, funny year): Hearthstone, which is now in its 10th anniversary. I was shit at Hearthstone, and having played hundreds of varied genre games, that's saying something. My reason is that I could not even get past the tutorial stage and assumed I would grasp the fundamentals to turn things around in my favour. But nope - the CPU seemed rigged to cheat at every turn and chances of winning depended more on luck than skill. In a word, it was unfair to come short 80% of the time in a stinking tutorial. I'd be genuinely interested if this wasn't just me, and what those crazy defenders have to say about the merits of getting good on Hearthstone.
    On the other hand, I tried out Hades after an hour of this travesty.

Days
  • Shooting games, games like Pokemon Unite, open-world games, etc. are the games where I am bad.

but if someone will look into my gaming achievements in any game, then one will find that I am pretty much worse everywhere !! I don't put that much effort into playing a game, and just play them for getting moments of fun, rather than with finishing the homework.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    FPS games and fighting games, but I actually enjoy the latter at times despite the fact I know I'll most likely never be good at them.

Years
  • Roguelite/roguelike games for sure. I am bad at puzzle games too. I just never could do any good at these game genres. :(

Back