• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Are You a Boy or a Girl?

Years
    Are You a Boy or a Girl?
    Are You a Boy or a Girl?

As it has been since Crystal, Pokemon games allow you to choose your character's gender, and it's no different in ORAS. My question to you is, who will you play as? Brendan, or May? Do you usually play as that gender, or are you making an exception, and if so, why? Which gender did you play as in the original RSE games?

lilartistgrrl

Pokemon Lover
    Years
    • US
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I'll play as May, that's who I picked the first time around, but I also must mention that Brendan has a stupid-looking hat. Not trying to be mean, I hope that doesn't get me kicked off the forums.

Years
    Since I always end up getting both games where the option to choose your gender is present, I'll end up going with both. I typically choose based on which design appeals to me more first (if both appeal to me, then I'll go with the gender I am), then go with the other. In this case, I'm going with the female protag. in OR (which I plan to get first) because I love her design a lot and prefer it to the male's, and will go with the him in AS. Similarly, I went with May in Ruby (my first) and Brendan in Sapphire. In Emerald, iirc I initially played as Brendan; I ended up resetting later and chose May.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    Moooost likely, both. When I finish the game the first time around I'll use May's, and once I'm done beating it, I'll restart and go back as Brendan, since most likely, we will have online play, and I prefer using myself(if you can say that) for post-game activity.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    I'll play as May, that's who I picked the first time around, but I also must mention that Brendan has a stupid-looking hat. Not trying to be mean, I hope that doesn't get me kicked off the forums.

It's called an opinion, why would you get kicked off? :o

I'm going to go with Brendan in OmegaRuby and May in AlphaSapphire. if customization does return I hope the males don't get shafted this time

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    Oh my, they both look so great...I'll probably end up playing as both as I'm the type who resets their save files frequently, but I'll probably play as May first. I played as both in the original games, because yet again, I reset saves frequently. But yet again, mostly May. XD she's just adorable to me.

Years
    I always play as the female characters, so yeah definitely going to be May. Also, her new design really appeals to me because I'm the type who loves cute-looking characters and the redesign definitely made her adorable.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I don't get why people play as the opposite gender, it's kinda creepy IMO

Lmao what? How is it creepy that people choose to play as their opposite gender?

-----

As for me I'll be playing as May, I always choose the girl on my main game. :P And then the boy on my side game.

TurboHammer

Turbo
    Years
    I'm defiantly playing as Brendan! Mostly all because of nostalgia. But, a little sad when I found out his hat wasn't white hair a few years ago haha. Really wished it was hair, but now I want to buy a Brendan hat so..

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I don't get why people play as the opposite gender, it's kinda creepy IMO

I'm male and a huge fan of the Metroid series, so playing as a female character is no big deal to me. XD

I'm still undecided, personally. Brendan's redesign looks kinda derpish, but that can be mitigated if trainer customization makes a return. :P

Years
    Their designs do look rather silly compared to the originals, but in whichever one ends up being my permanent game i'll probably choose the guy and name him after my real name, but i'll most likely play as the girl in fun playthroughs that I do (such as challenges).

atomtanned

Delinquent
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    My main playthroughs since Crystal have always been as the female character. Usually my main playthrough I name her the actual character name, and then for any challenges I use my own name. I do pick the male character occasionally for additional playthroughs, but I love being able to play as the girl character because I get a bit more immersed in the experience that way, I find.

Years
    Lmao what? How is it creepy that people choose to play as their opposite gender?

-----

As for me I'll be playing as May, I always choose the girl on my main game. :P And then the boy on my side game.
    Just my opinion, I know there's nothing wrong with it :p

I'm male and a huge fan of the Metroid series, so playing as a female character is no big deal to me. XD

I'm still undecided, personally. Brendan's redesign looks kinda derpish, but that can be mitigated if trainer customization makes a return. :P
    I just mean when you get a choice I don't get why people would choose the other gender, as I said it's only my opinion anyway, each to their own :)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back