• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you able to name every Pokémon?

Years
  • If you were to take a Pokémon naming quiz right this moment, do you think you could name each Pokémon? Do you think you remember names of Pokémon from certain gens more than others?

Years
  • If I was to see them? Absolutely.

If you asked me to list 1000+ Pokemon blind, hell no. Even a standard "name every Pokemon from this region" quiz catches me now and again.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Most, but likely not all. Probably blanks on some middle evolutions. Depends on the format too. Fares worse with a time limit with a blank list.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • There are still some Gen. 9 names that haven't sunk in yet. Just pulled up a list and honestly didn't recall "Crocalor" at all. Wants to think there's a member of the Varoom line named "Vivaroom." Chien-Pao is the only Treasure of Ruin whose name I can recall. Would probably struggle with most of the future Paradoxes had I not just looked at them.

Prior to Gen. 9, I still get hung up on Hattrem occasionally. Pretty much gave up on trying to remember Jangmo-o and family. Would probably call Pyukumuku "Pyukimu" or something along those lines. Pretty good on everything else I think, though I may have to check spelling on a few.

Last edited:

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • I assumed I'd be able to guess at least most of them, so I decided to try a couple sporcle quizzes for it. I was missing somewhere around 15 Gen I Pokemon and 19 Gen II mons? Around 80-90% is pretty good but it's surprising how much I forget when I have to focus on trying to remember it all, if that makes sense? It's totally possible I'd be able to remember them all but if you made me sit down and write a test for it I'd likely just be unable to focus my brain on all of it and forget some pretty obvious ones.
    Like Zubat. I forgot Zubat. How do you forget Zubat?!

Years
    • Seen today
    All of them. I might need a couple of seconds to remember some of the Paradoxes names though.

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    I think i would lose in the first pokemon i need to name because im not good remembering names, mostly the new ones :"D

Back