• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you currently playing any of the older titles?

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
I still go back to old games regularly. Right now I'm playing Explorers of Sky and Emerald, doing post-game activities in both.

Days
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 10, 2023
Ive currently replaying HG using only gift pokemon. Going to try and beat it with Ampharos, Quagsire, Magcargo, Togetic, Espeon and Dragonite. Currently training up to lv 25 for the 4th gym.

Reginald Cosmic

Big Shot
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen today
I started a playthrough of Emerald instead of Sapphire, but a few days ago, I also started a "no evolution" challenge of Leaf Green. I use the term "no evolution" a bit loosely because in Gen I Kanto, Pikachu and Clefairy weren't evolved Pokemon, but they are in Gen II onwards. I spoke to a friend of mine about it, and he argued baby mon don't count as long as I'm not using a mon with more than 350 base stat total. Hitmonlee doesn't count, but Pikachu and Clefairy do. Porygon's one of the few from the game (outside of post game stuff) that does evolve but has too high a base stat total for the challenge.

It's obviously going to get harder later on, but tonight, I beat Gym Leader Erika before she could declare a single attack. Abra's Psychic beat her Victreebel and her Vileplume, and Vulpix's flamethrower beat the Tangela in-between. It was awesome!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I occasionally get back to playing Sapphire. I actually prefer it over playing Emerald. Probably a combination of nostalgia and the fact that Emerald had way more text boxes due to all the people telling you that they want your number. ^^"

Since I don't care about the postgame of any Pokemon game these days, as all; Sapphire might actually be my favorite among the gen 3 games. I even prefer the player's clothing over the green versions that Emerald has.

Years
I occasionally get back to playing Sapphire. I actually prefer it over playing Emerald. Probably a combination of nostalgia and the fact that Emerald had way more text boxes due to all the people telling you that they want your number. ^^"

Since I don't care about the postgame of any Pokemon game these days, as all; Sapphire might actually be my favorite among the gen 3 games. I even prefer the player's clothing over the green versions that Emerald has.

I also prefer Brendan/May's original Gen 3 clothes. For replay value, my gen 3 favorites are FR/LG because they don't have time-related glitches (which mean you can't grow Berries any more with a dead RSE battery).

I do like the expanded Safari Zone in Emerald though, since you can't import Pokemon from Gen 1/2 directly into Gen 3. Hence, the need to access Johto Pokemon like Girafarig and Miltank.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I go back to old games all the time. I mostly replay gens 2 and 5 the most as they are my favorites. Rarely do I replay gen 6 onwards. I just prefer the sprites over the 3D models tbh. I do replay XY sometimes, though.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
i'm almost always playing an older title. i've been shiny hunting in hgss lately, and tapping into alpha sapphire and ultra moon every so often to work on the dex.

Years
I'm holding Pokemon for my best friend in Omega Ruby (four boxes) and Ultra Moon (two boxes). I sometimes go back to those games just enjoying their atmosphere. I am also working on Crystal. I did a stupid thing on Crystal so I got to retrain some newly caught 'mons. Silver and Yellow are remaining untouched for now. I beat Silver over a year ago. I may replay it someday, but for now I see no need since i'm working on Crystal. Yellow is Yellow. What can I say? It's gen 1.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
Years
I played Yellow for the first time this year, I'd played Blue a while ago but figured Yellow was different enough for me to give it a shot. After that, I haven't had any particular desire to play any others, but I do know a playthrough of either Gold or Silver is likely in the cards sometime in my future!

Smiley!

Code Mistake
Days
I'm currently playing through the postgame of Pokemon Gold.

Spoiler: Elite Four Team

I found it much more difficult than the newer games, both because of being 5-10 levels under for most of the big battles as well as working to balance my team's levels.

Years
  • Age 119
  • Seen today
Currently going through Black 2, love this game so much. I'm on the eighth gym leader but most of my time has been doing the side content. PokeStar Studios, Join Avenue, PWT, the Yancy sidequest... so much stuff in this game I love it.

Back