• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you happy with where you currently are in life?

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    It's getting better. From last year around this time untill around late summer I was somewhat depressed, confused and a tad bit bitter. I had to leave the university I loved, I owed that same university three thousand dollars, had to move back home, had to find a new job, etc. It was just a period of uncertainty. I know everyone has their rough times in life, but at that moment I thought it was just only me who was suffering.

Now I have turned things around albeit slowly. I decided I won't be returning to school next semester, and instead have sworn into the Air Force (I'm a military brat, and the AF has always piqued my interest). I have a new full-time job on what would have been my new university's campus, and I get to see and hang out with other college students and old friends. I actually have money again as well. I make enough to pay off a few hundred dollars of my debt every month, and still have half of my paycheck left for saving and entertainment.

Life isn't totally good though. I still am not where I fully want to be in life either education, relationship, or career wise. Most of my close friends are gone back to school, and I recently had a huge incident occur in my family that's going to drastically change the life of my dad. Despite all of this I am cheerful and back to my old self. I hate having that woe me attitude, and realize there will be struggles in life; hurdles that I need to jump over in order to become the person I want to be, and frankly as of now I'd say I'm ready to tackle them head on. Like Katy Perry's song, I'm wide awake now. I still dream, have goals, but also know what reality is. I'm still very young (just 19) so my issues won't be my downfall. I have an entire life to live and really it hasn't even fully begun seeing as I'm not entirely independent yet.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Even though I have everything I need to live a happy life (a home, family, friends, etc.), I still feel something is missing in my life until I can truly be happy, but I don't know what are strongest wants from me: to be a god, to be in a relationship, to live in a world without opinions, or to see a female trainer playable in a Smash Bros. game.

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
    Years
  • Its a 40/60 for the answer. I'm a senior in high school,so i get out of school earlier than the underclassmen. This gives me plenty of time to think about some stuff on my own.
    Also my younger sibling doesn't get home till 2-3 hours after I do.

But,I don't know what i want to do with my life after high school. I always ask myself,"what would I enjoy doing after high school?" on top the this,I feel as though my school is pushing College on me,as if I HAVE to go there. College is great and all,but I don't feel like i'm ready for it yet.I still don't know how to drive a car,and i'm somewhat scared to.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
  • I love it just as much as I hate it right now. I'm finally putting away seven plus years of a depressed life, but I've had to make so many sacrifices to do it. Right now I feel like no choice I make is an easy one, but I have to keep pushing forward.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Nope. I have some pretty big ambitions but I just don't feel like I'm putting the required amount of effort in it. I mean, I'm supposed to study like 8-9 hours outside of the 6 hours classes I attend but I end up studying only for four hours most of the time. I...just am not happy with the way things are right now. Plus, I'm one year behind most of my friends now who are already in college. I need to get my act together so that this extra year I'm putting aside for further studies is not a waste.

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
    Years
  • I am pretty satisfied with things as of this moment but I think I need to get my priorities straight.
    Less time online and dilly dallying, I guess. Things can go better though :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Im not really. Im not happy that I don't have a job and living on my own. While I don't know how successful I'd really be I feel like things could be better.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • not at all. i feel as if everyone else around me is moving forward, but i'm standing still and stuck in this hole ive dug myself since the beginning of time.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    not really, no. I wish I was better, tbh. Instead, I'm just stuck being some nobody whose band isn't going anywhere.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • At a time, my answer would have been a loud, screeching no. Recently however, despite very little in my life having changed, I feel very differently and much better about where I am. I decided that no matter what was going on in my life, regret wasn't going to help, and constantly pondering about where I could have been had I done this instead of that was useless and had no end.

I convinced myself to accept my past without regrets and to live every moment to its fullest, however dull that moment may seem to others.

So yes, I am very happy with where I am, even though to some it may seem that I am nowhere.

Years
  • Definitely yes, in terms of shelter. Reason is that it brings memories, even with every little thing: The walls, the floors, and the ceilings on each floor. Its design and feel to it were easy for me to familiarize on.

However, the outside, not so much...It feels empty to say the least and there's not many people around where I live.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Honestly, I don't know.

I've just enrolled into university, but now I'll have debts till I'm 35... My girlfriends loves me, but wants to break up, ''for ym own good''. and home is just terrible, social workers left right and center.

:/

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Yes, I really am! I feel like I've finally kinda caught up to where I should be rather than lagging behind other people my age. I know it's not the best thing to do to compare yurself to other people to derive happiness, but everybody has flaws :P

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • But vappy you're doing really well and you've overcome so much! I'd be super pleased with where you are right now, I know I'm proud of you!

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Not satisfied but ultimately surviving is the best way to describe my feelings as to where I am right now.

Back