• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen are you over with Gen 7 ?

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
Years
  • I didn't love Gen 8, I played it through once and it was so easy that I put it down and haven't touched it since. I didn't feel any desire to continue filling the dex, breeding, or any other sort of post-game content.

I'm happy to move not only to Gen 8, but also to Let's Go.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Already bought Switch again for Pokken early this year after selling my first one last year.

Can't wait for generation 8. Sadly, I've not touched my Pokemon UM for months, though to be exact I bought a Shiny Zygarde code online (Sadly we play US version in Singapore), got on, redeemed it and log off again.

Am ready for LG in November too.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I really only play US for Shiny Hunting and my Living Dex now. I never got all the Zygarde cores in Sun, and never got all of the Totem Stickers in US. While I do playthroughs of the other games occasionally, they're just hard to get through because of the cutscenes.

But I can't wait for Gen 8. Being on a home console means much more power, with the potential for that game we've always wanted where you visit all of the regions. But what I really want is Sinnoh Remakes...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It's been that long?? No, I still haven't played Ultra Moon, ahha. So I still have some gen 7 to go!

Jahgerwah

Sugar-free!
    Years
  • I just beat Ultra Moon. It was a nice experience, but US/UM are probably the hardest main series games in a while.

VHS

"bless yo trap"
    Years
  • Yeah definitely, I honestly didn't like S/M/US/UM because I did not have any pokemon feeling to it. While I played I had a more digimon/spectrobes vibe then the previous games. The Pokémon were too complex for me, a lot of em seemed so abstract designed for me and I guess I couldn't cope with that since I grew up on the more simplistic designs and such.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I haven't even finished Moon, that in itself should say something lol.

The Foogle

Gone For Good
    Years
  • I hated sun and moon but I Loved ultra sun and moon. The legendaries came back, the best cutie patootie didn't leave to go to Kanto, and ultra necrozma is now the god of all Pokemon! Aside from mega rayquaza, of course. Many other reasons, but It did noticeably have more flaws than flair. In the form of Hau, rotom dex is literally Navi, and I didn't really like the trials. I prefer gyms tbh, they have nice design choices...

Would have loved to see N at the battle tree and Ghetsis in his b2w2 theme and battle theme, his bw1 theme is literally just drums!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'm not done with the games yet, but I have needed the break I am currently on. There's a fair bit to like with the Alola games, but they certainly have their fallbacks and USUM was really too samey, too soon compared to SM. Platinum had a two year gap between it and DP, and Emerald had FRLG between it and RS. B2W2 meanwhile offered a completely new story, rather than the same thing with some 'ultra' changes (and not always for the better).

I liked the RR episode, and am looking forward to properly playing through the ultra wormhole sequences (with shiny hunting) and doing the battle agency, but I don't see myself getting into any VGC team prep with gen 7.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • For a lot of things gen 7 did right, it did a lot wrong that make it hard for me to go back to. Normally at this point, I would have replayed the games a fair number of times. I've only finished Moon once, and not even the post game. I have still never finished or even made it halfway through Sun or UltraMoon. I never bought UltraSun. And this is coming from someone that replays Pokemon games quite often and usually has a copy of each version of the game, sometimes extra. So this is quite a feat.

I love a lot of the Pokemon and characters. The locations are nice too and there's some good music. Probably one of the better stories in the series, as well. But it also suffers from too much handholding and a lot of drawn out cutscenes. It makes going back to it a chore. I mean it was fun the first time through, but that's apparently all I can make it through. It just doesn't interest me enough. If you enjoy it, then hats off to you, but it just wasn't my cup of tea. I've been trying to muster up enough enough energy to pick UltraMoon back up and enjoy it, but it just isn't happening. So...I'm done, basically.

But not with Alolan Dugtrio. I will love the diggy friends for the rest of my life.

Alright... So guess who finally picked UltraMoon back up and has been enjoying it...aha. Egg on my face for this post. But honestly, to go back to UM finally, I had to take it from a different perspective. This isn't a game they want you to restart over and over. It's not a quick game. This is one with a lot of content and a lot of Pokemon to catch and a Pokedex to fill and honestly, it feels like they really intended on this game to be one you keep the adventure going. If I play it with that in mind (plus a significant break between the last time I had picked it up) then it's actually quite enjoyable. I mean I never thought the game was bad per se, but I did say I was done with gen 7, and now I'm going through UltraMoon and trying to get a head start on getting some Dex entries filled because I want to try to finish the Dex in post game. Don't get me wrong though, it still suffers from same syndrome, cutscenes still tend to drag, and the handholding is tiresome. Also, I love Rotom and I think it's cute you can talk to your Rotom Dex, but god...Rotom is a little too chatty. I got things I'm trynna do, son.

Also Alolan Dugtrio. Good stuff.

Last edited:

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I feel pretty let down by USUM. They promised a new story, but I don't get to see it until the fourth island. It's almost exactly the same as SuMo. I haven't finished my run of Ultra Moon and probably won't until I feel like playing USUM/SuMo again. I've gone back to enjoying Johto on the 3DS instead. Be back for Let's Go and Gen 8.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I bought Moon. I played it, I beat it and then I just completed the Pokedex, without even touching the postgame content at all. I don't even feel the need to go back to it. Mind you, that was all during the first couple months when SM where released, so it has been quite a while.

I didn't even bother getting US/UM.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • I might still be plugging along and might still have not done Kiawe's trial in my first playthrough of Ultra Moon... Yep. I've had it since release and am casually playing it.

Years
  • Still nope. This gen is precious to me and I wish I had more time to play, currently almost done with the Alola dex in US (not sure what took me so long....) and then I'll get to completing all the side quests I've not done yet. Gotta synch decent Tapus to complete the dex too, which will take some time. And I'd like to work on the Festival Plaza at some point since I have always been lazy with that. @_@

Years
  • I wasn't impressed with Gen. 7. It got boring after a while. I did manage to complete the League and Pokedex in Moon. I did buy Ultra Sun, but didn't bother completing it since it's the same old story with a few tweaks.

Hopefully Gen. 8 is better.

Eresse

Gladion Trash
    Years
  • I loved Sun, and I'm still slowly chewing through US. US is so similar to the original Sun that it's having a hard time maintaining my interest. I loved Generation 7 though, and after not liking 5 and skipping 6 almost entirely, it's given me hope that Generation 8 will be amazing.

Back