• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Aren't they revealing too much?

Years
  • Have they revealed if megas are returning? if they are, I'd really like to see some of those revealed soon. I find it pretty odd that we have had none revealed or even had any existing ones showcased yet :S

We haven't had anything revealed about Mega Evolution, or any hints to it which does kinda make me doubt if it'll be in Sun & Moon at all.

Denrew

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • This is what we call there's more than meets the eye. Pokémon SM surely packs
    with new things to reveal. And if I may add, this New Feature is something to look forward to as well.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I like how we got more and more each week/months, it keeps the fun alive but in the same time we still have surprises!

I can't wait to see the evolutions of the Pokemon we already know.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Every time a new batch of Pokemon is revealed, I find myself getting a bit nervous... After X and Y gave us only about 70 new Pokemon, and revealed most of them pre-release, it's hard for me to feel optimistic this time around. I'm very worried that we'll see the whole Pokedex (or at least the base stages of every evolution line) before Sun and Moon are released. That said, there's a lot to be excited about besides new Pokemon, so maybe it's not so bad.

Years
  • I can't wait to see the evolutions of the Pokemon we already know.

I'm with you here, because the only evolution line revealed to us so far was Grubbin's and I know everyone wants to hear about the starter evolutions especially, because of those leaked final evolutions of them floating around.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I did initially have the same fear of having too many Pokemon revealed, but reading your guys' posts and Serebii's tweet about the numbers has put me at ease for the time being. :3

As for the other content, I think it's definitely an interesting case. I say this because the website and at the E3 presentation, they put a lot of emphasis on the story aspect of the games... but yet, we haven't heard a peep other than the island guardians like Tapu Koko. If they reveal more Pokemon to compensate for the other info, I think I would be ok with it. But I do hope that they maintain a balance and not reveal more than necessary before the games launch.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I did initially have the same fear of having too many Pokemon revealed, but reading your guys' posts and Serebii's tweet about the numbers has put me at ease for the time being. :3

As for the other content, I think it's definitely an interesting case. I say this because the website and at the E3 presentation, they put a lot of emphasis on the story aspect of the games... but yet, we haven't heard a peep other than the island guardians like Tapu Koko. If they reveal more Pokemon to compensate for the other info, I think I would be ok with it. But I do hope that they maintain a balance and not reveal more than necessary before the games launch.

It could be that Tapu Koko is going to be the only guardian revealed until release. I also think that they're hiding something about the guardians. Tapu Koko's page in the official site mentions that it takes it's shell-close stance when storing electricity, and at special times. I think that the four guardian are going to form a totem like some have speculated, but what purpose could the totem hold? Tapu Koko's signature move hints at the four being guardians of nature, so maybe something similar to Zygarde?

Years
  • I'm surprised that we mostly have had new Pokemon, but not a peep about Gyms, and the Antagonists. I'm waiting for the rumors that there will be no antagonist team this generation.

Given we've got a "no Gyms" rumor we could see the possibility of a "no villains" rumor as well but then there was that one sorta-debunked Euro leak that mentioned Lillie could be related to the main villain, being his daughter apparently.

It is interesting that we still barely know much about the game aside from all these new Pokemon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Given we've got a "no Gyms" rumor we could see the possibility of a "no villains" rumor as well but then there was that one sorta-debunked Euro leak that mentioned Lillie could be related to the main villain, being his daughter apparently.

It is interesting that we still barely know much about the game aside from all these new Pokemon.

When you think about it, that they're showing several new Pokemon in bunches, could be a way to make us pay attention to the new Pokemon, instead of wondering constantly about when the gym leaders, and evil team will be revealed. Hmm, maybe the evil team will have connections to an old one. Maybe remnants. Showing them off would come off as quite a huge spoiler.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • When you think about it, that they're showing several new Pokemon in bunches, could be a way to make us pay attention to the new Pokemon, instead of wondering constantly about when the gym leaders, and evil team will be revealed. Hmm, maybe the evil team will have connections to an old one. Maybe remnants. Showing them off would come off as quite a huge spoiler.

That is a good point. We may or may not find out next month, as August-September is usually when we hear about the evil team. If we do, I think they might give us very little vague info. If there's any remnants of old ones, the only ones I could think of with that high probability would be Rocket, Flare, and Galactic.

Years
  • Maybe I'm in the minority, but I like that they're giving us a glimpse of the new Pokemon. It gives me a chance to form favorites so that in the games when I do finally come across one I've already decided I like I can be excited to see it finally.

Although I would like for them to keep a good number of evolutions secret so that there is still some surprise.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    The matter regarding the number of Pokémon is really only an issue depending on how many total new Pokémon there will be. XY revealed over half the region's new Pokémon and it was "a lot" because the total number was incredibly small. So at the time being, it's hard to say for certain if they're "revealing too much."

On the other hand, they haven't said anything regarding the region's locales, and aside from a giant neon sign saying Lillie is important, they haven't divulged anything about other NPCs. So while I get that for most people the Pokémon are the most important thing, to someone like me it feels like they haven't revealed much at all because of how tight-lipped they've been about the environment and characters, and how little new features they've promoted.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Remember when people were complaining about how they weren't revealing enough? Good times...

But no, I don't think they're revealing too much. As said, we've gotten around 25 Pokémon shown, and very little known about the story itself. I think the way they're revealing stuff just fine.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I don't think they are revealing to much information. I think with the amount of Pokémon they're revealing, there will be more than 100 new 'mons. So I'm not very afraid!
    As the others said, we only received information regarding new Pokémon, and almost nothing about the region. We haven't heard anything about either the gym leaders or the evil team. Which I hope to hear about them on August 1st.

Shuhbooty

space and time
    Years
  • I'm ok with the information they are releasing to us. It's more of "I hope no one leaks info they shouldn't and spoil everything". But I'm also for they not reveling too much because even though the games are jammed back with stuff- they are always short. Fulfilling none the less, but I want real "shock and awe".

I want to hear more about the pokemon, so I can start making my teams for normal and competitive plays. To add more to the "favorite pokemans" list. Don't give me anything about gym leaders, or the "villain" team. #minority

Years
  • I think the reveals are fine, we've had quite a few Pokemon revealed recently though so I'd like to learn more about the story and the region itself, hopefully we'll get that in August :)

I think next Monday's trailer might just be another new Pokemon reveal, with info about the region coming in CoroCoro.

Back